Give queen a 'Die immediately' button for misbehaving xenos.

Exactly what the title says. Plenty of times I have prime or elder xenos acting like shitheads and nobody kills them upon banishment because meta-friends or ‘Queen they’re a prime we need them’ and they keep talking shit.

Just give me a button to instantly kill a xeno that won’t shut their goddamn mouth. We already in practice allow the Queen to kill misbehaving xenos, just cut out the part where I need to haggle with my hive to kill them.

4 Likes

umm dude just kill them yourself lol

4 Likes

If your hive is choosing to not kill them even though they’re banished, just ahelp it and we’ll handle it.

At that point it becomes an OOC issue not an IC issue.

If you don’t want to ahelp it then that’s on you.

6 Likes

Current system is better, because you can make amends and come to agreement, and re-admit. Plus not every banishment is a legitimate one. If xenos don’t want to kill a xeno you banished, maybe your reason for banishment is not totally legit? Powertripping Queens can be a way bigger problem than xenos not killing banished xenos.

8 Likes

Yeah. I don’t want this power in the hands of a Beck-queen.

6 Likes

You had BETTER talk that out fast because otherwise the hive will obliterate the banished xeno on sight. Unless you guaranteed want them dead, don’t banish.

If you have a Queen who’s power tripping, then just ahelp them?

And if ahelping them is your recommendation for the (frequent) situation of people not wanting to kill the xenos, then why do we even bother with banish mechanics in the first place?

There’s a difference as well between ‘This xeno won’t obey me and I’m banishing it to make sure there’s no question that I’m upset’ and ‘I want this xeno out of my hive right this instant, we’ve passed the point of negotiation’.

The whole purpose of it being implemented was to reduce the need for staff to directly intervene in the hive when the Queen has annoying xenos to deal with. If we’ve come back to ‘If it’s not solving the problem just ahelp it’ why bother?

1 Like

You basically contradict yourself. You are saying to ahelp bad-faith queen, but then saying that we should not have a mechanic that relies on ahelps. Truth is, if a xeno deserves a banishment, xenos going to kill them and won’t object your decision. No ahelp needed. If your banishment is not justified and xenos refuse to execute the xeno, then chances are admins gonna say “No” to you too. And it will be a lot easier for admins, because they won’t need to handle aheals etc.

Again, when it’s justified, legitimate banishment works in 95% of cases. 5% of cases don’t worth adding a powertripping button over it. Also, you don’t even have to kill the banished xeno. They are very likely going to die anyway without regen, sooner or later.

5 Likes

This but give the button to marines

2 Likes

Vyzo got it in one.

This is a OOC issue. Ahelp it and it will be resolved.

1 Like

There’s a difference between ‘ahelp this bad, single player who exists at the upper hierarchy of their team’ and ‘here’s a tool so you can police your own team without the need for us to intervene’. There’s no contradiction here, they’re two different situations.

The specific situation I think of was a Prime Praetorian who had a REALLY nasty attitude not just towards me, but to other xenos as well. I repeatedly told them to be less hostile, and they refused, so I banished them. They ran away from the frontline, and continued to deride me for banishing them over ‘mean words’. Their meta friend walked up and started telling me to unbanish them because ‘we need them, they’re prime, they’re a T3’.

I ahelped them because nobody was going to kill them, and the player in question was banned. This wasn’t a ‘bad reason where my xenos refused’ but someone who’s riding on the reverence we give veteran players and the tolerance towards toxic behavior because of this experience. I’m sure we’re all familiar with old delta, and a lot of those old toxic, cliquey players who were banned after their metacord got busted.

Also we give Marine Commanders a tool to kill their own team, are we REALLY going to pretend the Queen having a similar button of ‘you’re not welcome on my team anymore’ is that big of a problem?

It’s called an OB.

6 Likes

It sounds like in your case that the offending individual was attended to be staff in an appropriate manner.

The issue herein is giving the Queen the tool to just execute a player, at will, may cause more problems than it resolves. The act of banishment is very much almost on par with execution, and as we have noted but as the Queen if you issue fair orders and a Xenomorph is disobeying, then they are clearly breaching xeno roleplay rules and they can be dealt with by staff if they refuse to comply

Furthermore, we issue Commanders the privilege of execution as, simply, Marine roleplay standards are leagues higher than Xenomorphs, and Commanders are held to some of the highest roleplay standards in the game, and their actions are closely monitored by their peers.

2 Likes

log on, join as xeno halfway through the round, queen dies, replace them

Execute meta grudge target, lolololololol

ban me if you want admins, you can’t unexecute the bug

3 Likes

give queen the mateba execute

3 Likes

Well they can actually, aheals exist and even if they’re gibbed they can still make a new one and put em in

I though when banish arrived it would be a troll toll for greifers.
Mass banish, but i have yet to see it happen.
I do understand OP very well. After banish the ignorant player he/she turn into a toxic player. I have seen banished drones take egg and deliver it to marines to die there. Others just fill the hivemind with spam of toxic insults and hides somewhere far away, i know about ahelps but
I actually have a answer to this. Ultimate banish.
Ability to gib xeno on ovi after banishment,
It also uses the ability to gib humans, so now you can’t gib another xeno or human in 15min due to cooldown.

1 Like

ahelp it and if it’s really obvious breaking of the rules you can make a player report…

The whole premise of this is I would have liked to handle this without needing to rely on the staff, and this is just an obvious example, and it was just a really damn obvious way of how they were being shitheads.

And I’m not going to sit here and pretend xenos have much in the way of rolepalying (or pretend I don’t occasionally toe the line on what’s acceptable even when we take that into account) but don’t even try to feed me that line about ‘COs are held to the highest roleplay standards in the game’ because anyone who’s interacted with them know this is a shot in the dark at best.

Some of the most immersion breaking emotes, because we know lots of people love the funny emote spam when I slap them with neuro and drag them to brazil, I’ve ever seen has come from COs and XOs(Who are fundamentally CO-lite) and feeding marines a line of orders at briefing does NOT constitute roleplay of any kind. Unless they fluff it up, it’s no different than the battery of orders I issue to xenos every round to make sure everyone is staying somewhat busy or builders are building in a design that won’t get everyone killed.

I’d go so far as to say I see them pushing the line of absurdity far more than any other job, for christs sake there’s a CO who calls her marines ‘apes’ which one is a literal, direct reference to a meme, and two would have gotten you relieved of duty faster than you can say ‘Equal Opportunity’ if we try to apply it even MODERATELY to real life. I HAVE SEEN COMMANDERS CALL THEIR MARINES UNGAS IN CHARACTER, OVER THE COURSE OF THE ROUND. WITH ADMINS ON.

There’s this weird idea the whitelists actually reliably enforce roleplay and I’d say this only really stands truly for predators because they actually possess the time (They’re not busy running around trying to keep the marines in line or playing the ultimate support role) and tools to actually assist them in conducting roleplay. (Working Joes are in a middle ground since their roleplay consists of ignoring people except for their pre-scripted sound bites, which I absolutely adore. Working Joe my beloved.)

I’ve gotten off topic, and while I recognize ultimately if staff says they don’t want to give this authority to am unwhitelisted player and would rather handle it themselves, fine, there’s nothing I can do to change that. But don’t try and delude me or yourself that somehow it’s safer in the hands of COs, who have only really jumped through a hoop that’s more of a popularity contest than anything else.

EDIT: Just on the record, I don’t take issues with the CO’s acting like this. I think funny, memey CO’s are more interesting than standard milsim man #234253465466546, but if we’re REALLY out here pretending they’re actually being carefully policed, I’m going to call bullshit.

CO_like

2 Likes