Admin who banned you?

mistermoon

Total Ban Duration

182.5 days

Remaining Duration

177.5 days

What other servers do you play on?

I hardly play SS13 except for the Colonial Marines server

Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?

A few years ago, I was banned for a day for leaving the game as an important member of the staff. Maybe it was Tau Ceti. Can’t remember something else.

Do you play using a Virtual Machine?

No

is your copy of Windows legitimate?

Yes

Reason for Ban:

“Rule 5 - Suspicion of using a modded client, attempted to shoot hostiles through walls among concerns from another staff member, filing for perma”

Links to previous appeals:

None

Your appeal:

I haven’t played CC13 in a long time, and certainly never been banned like this, so I apologize in advance if I made the appeal wrong or not meaningful.

I believe it was a misunderstanding, so I’m not angry with anyone. However, I did not understand the reason for my ban, and I ask for an investigation into this. I tried to find another appeals with similiar reason, but I couldn’t find it, so I might be missing something. But I’m ready to add more details to the appeal or answer something if you say so.

Round ID was: 16759.

However, I will try to describe what happened in that round and try to explain why I think it’s misunderstanding.

It was my second round after a long break, and I decided to play with the M4RA with B8 Smart-Scope, Extended Barrel, Red Dot Sight and AP magazines. My idea was to shoot a lot in different directions without worrying about FF. Together with the scope, I could see further, and shoot at xenos from a long distance.

Therefore in that round, I spent a lot of ammo, probably 5 times I returned to replenish my ammo. The reason for this was my constant shooting, including just in the direction of the xenomorphs to drive them away. Sometimes I hit when the xenos were in the open and not moving very fast.

For example, a boiler shot a cloud of orange cloud (I don’t know what it is, to be honest), and one of ours fell. I started shooting towards the passage to prevent the marine from being captured, which (I belived) allowed him to escape in a few seconds.

I also shot at the boilers and the drone at longer distances, using the scope.

On the other hand, in that round I died because of the scream of the Queen, who hid behind the right of the front line. She came out unexpectedly and roared at me, after which I was killed by other Xenos. If I remember correctly, I was finally killed by a cloud of gas. I was saved by a miracle because the marines returned.

So if I had the ability to see through walls (is that what he meant by “modded client”?), I would have escaped and not died.

I don’t know how to technically show that I have a regular Byond client. I only know that in the log window, I have “Welcome BYOND! (5.0 Public Version 514.1589)”

As for shooting at walls, I can say that it’s more of a skill problem. I remembered a situation when I saw a crusher at the corner of the wall, and I started shooting at him from a fortified position, but I only hit the wall. I was hoping I would have a line of fire to drive him away, but I didn’t. He then broke into the neighboring positions, where he started to hit ours, and I shot at him through the window. But then they drove me away with a cloud of acid.

I probably hit the walls a lot instead of the xenos when they were maneuvering, but I’m not sure if that was the reason for the ban.

In the end, I will fall asleep near the landing zone, and I will be banned. To be honest, I was dumb, and at first I didn’t realize why I fell asleep. I saw a second notification saying that I was banned. Then I reacted, but it was too late and a minute later I was kicked off the server. Perhaps if I had reacted more quickly and correctly, everything could have been resolved that day, but I was confused and upset.

I’m asking you to investigate what happened in that round, and if I broke any rule, please describe in detail what I did wrong. I didn’t want to ruin the game for anyone, and I don’t want to do it again in the future because of my ignorance.

Appeal assigned to administration team for review.

The appeal has been denied due to permaban.

1 Like