GooglyFox - Synthetic Application

Hello!

I will admit c4x could have kept the assumptions to himself but they are correct following the concerns of how your synthetic would act and the chosen name.

With the name, the purpose of Synthetics is to blend in with their surroundings. You see marines named “John, Steve, Bailey, etc” but “Foxton” is a name that sticks out and sounds too snowflakey if that makes sense.

There is also the issue you keep stating “you get anger issues outside of CM.” This is a video game and should be treated as such. The anger issues as a personality for a Synthetic is a hard NO. That is unacceptable to have. If you are really going through problems in your life that causes anger which reflect into the game, maybe you should handle those issues. Synth is a very stressful role to play and at times there will be frustrating scenarios you would run into.

Due to the overall responses made and your Synthetic character’s personality, I cannot support this application. If this app does become denied, I suggest getting yourself known in a better light and if you plan to reapply, reach out to the whitelist’s councilors because I cannot stress this enough. We are here to help you be successful but you need to take the appropriate steps to become successful.

1 Like

The reason I said that no longer applies anymore, as I said countless times in the replies, I sincerely will not show any anger, or hostility to anyone as a Synth. I will play a different job if I want to calm down or get it off. I will once again say, I can change the name. To something like Freddy, or maybe something more average. Fred, just say which one is good. I have no bias position on names. And the personality was a misunderstanding. I was trying to say how I have slight issues with anger, but I will NOT have any hostility towards anyone. This is the only attempt on this application that I really tried on. I apologise for the word use, but I meant to say I WILL NOT be angry on synth, it was just a Precaution.

I wish not to stress this enough, I would not have wasted my time on this application if I wanted to throw it away with my anger. I will manage myself while I am Synth, and will be as friendly as I can. Honest.

I would have editted it, but I didn’t know if I could, I messed up by mixing up the categories.

Hi GooglyFox! Thank you for your interest in the Synthetic Whitelist.

We really like the enthusiasm and spirit you bring with pursuing the WL, however we had multiple concerns which I’ll bring up and also give you some pointers:

• The personality listed here(particularly the mood trait) may cause abrasive issues in the USCM which would be unacceptable at worst and a grey area at best. Furthermore there is some ‘fluff’ or rather unnecessary parts of your personality such as the ‘works harder’ or ‘forgetful’ part - in this case it is better to have a clear and concise personality - something you can do ingame, incorporate into dialogue, and that you have fun with.
  • The story, while positively remarked, did not include a lot of dialogue from Foxton where we could see your personality being demonstrated in terms of speech. It may benefit you to include more dialogue, more situations, or otherwise add more to your story. There were also grammatical errors at times.
  • The name Foxton is legitimate on contrary to what others have said, however like some of my councilors have also stated it is definitely something that pops out. After all, the USCM is from the UA which is more American than English. The name overall is not a large issue - it’s difficult to find someone named Foxton but not impossible. You should consider changing this to avoid any complications in the future.
  • Your answers to some the questions asked would count as unsatisfactory, but they are nuanced.
  • Your experience answers look good, feel free to elaborate more though.
  • Your combat answer is mostly correct, we felt it showed a bit of uncertainty in over-limiting your combat restrictions, but it has the proper spirit.

Overall, outside of your Synthetic’s personality concerns we felt that your time in relevant roles such as doctor, corpsman, comtech were limited. In the future if you play these roles more it would help with vouching, vetting and also observations. Unfortunately this app is denied(you can reapply in 30 days) but I hope that you have sufficient feedback to work on things. Keep that energy up and I think you will definitely be a Synthetic in the future. Best of luck :slight_smile:

1 Like