GooglyFox - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - GooglyFox

What is your BYOND key?
GooglyFox

What is your Discord ID?
Dutchy#4523

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?
Freddy Linton. Most time played was Staff Officer, I have a Bronze, to near Silver medal as that role.

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?
I have tried only doing Synthetic before, it failed and so I shall try again. Hopefully with better results.

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:
Wheatley

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?
Wheatley is a synthetic who is a mainly joyous figure, he is sometimes tactical, sometimes correct in situations. But mostly is someone who tries to lighten the mood when everyone’s feeling down. Someone to try and help everyone else when the times are dark. Wheatley is there when nobody else can be. He is there to be a true friend, and ally when nobody else is. A replacement for missing personnel, at that.

He also aims to be a true inspirational, morale raising synth. Instead if the hard headed ones. But he will be if he most certainly needs to.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?
Wheatley is a older model, not definitely new as he isn’t as tactical, and inspirational as most. He will call all ranks of the USCM by their assigned rank, to show his leniency for when someone needs to assign a project, or issue to him. His interest is to mainly help an issue that requires someone to be placed somewhere, or someone needs to man a post, such as Requisitions, or Medbay. He also is there to help with morale, or lift the mood. Or even inspire troops if he has to.

Wheatley is a synth out of date, but clearly not out of fashion. He’s one of the Synths who aims to replace empty departments, and to lift moods of crew, and will most certainly deliver on those issues.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
I’ve always wanted to be a Synthetic, and I’ll be honest here. Because I saw a synth as a survivor once. It looked pretty fun, and not being able to be hugged for once might be less stressful, I also want to be a Synth because it’ll be a change of gameplay, I am used to being a non-combative personnel, while still helping on the field.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
I had once played survivor on a map I had forgotten the name of. We were in the garage just below LZ1 I think it was. We had survived for a long while, the Synth was in a pizza delivery uniform, and had an empty pizza box. Was pretty funny, we all died, instead of getting capped. We got revived, and had fought at the frontlines with the marines. Was a good time I had. And I want to deliver that fun to some others too.

Synthetic Character Story:
(I’m not good at thinking about stories, so I hope this is good enough)

Wheatley was freshly deployed on the Landsworth USCM Military Vessel (Technically similar to the Almayer) as a general assistant. He wasn’t really used for any combat situations at the time, so he roamed the ship, and assisted however he could. After a long, and death-filled mission, most of the Marine’s morale was depleted. Having lost many troops to the unnamed threat. He went to the memorial hall, to respect the names of men lost on the gravestone, the dogtags scattered amongst the patch of grass around the stone. He spotted a nearby marine on a chair nearby, and approached him. Wheatley says, " Hello Corporal, here to respect the fallen? "

The Marine replied, " Lost one of my friends, a Lance Corporal, his name was Jake. Jake Greene… "

Wheatley had noticed the man’s disappointment in his face, feeling remorse he had tried to be distant, but somehow inspirational.

Wheatley then said, " We all lose friends eventually, sometimes in the way we never hoped for. Sometimes you can’t control that, Corporal. People believed The Titanic couldn’t sink, but it did. You have to move past or else you’ll be stuck letting yourself down. "

The Marine nodded slowly, pausing a short while before responding, " I suppose you’re right. I guess that’s how it’ll be here in the USCM. Thank you Wheatley. "

The Marine gave a small grin towards Wheatley before walking off. Having had a short bit of morale restored. Eventually he noticed the kitchen was unmanned, and crafted some food that marines would enjoy, other than those horribly processed trays of food they get from the vending machines, he also did some work behind the bar, and made some drinks. They succeeded in the mission, why not try to help them cheer up about their victory. He started handing out the items. He raised morale by trying his best to make Marines feel better about their survival, and resulting victory.

Wheatley eventually continued to find himself in several other jobs, some that aren’t required to be mentioned. He is average, but sometimes unique in instances.

Skills:

Engineering:
I am very familiar with building most types of items, repairing, and deconstructing. Engineering is my second best department overall.

Command:
I am quite familiar with Command, how to “suggest” ways of movement, and ways to make tactical decisions.

Medical:
I am extremely familiar with Medical, It’s my favorite department, as I know most surgeries, how to treat many wounds, and how to fix any issues with the body. Even limb replacement.

Requisitions:
I am sort of familiar with Requisitions, I am aware of how to order items, call them in up the elevator, and how to give Marines their specific items they require from vendors. As well as how to drop the crates down planet-side.

Synthetic Understanding:

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in?
The ONLY scenarios we can perform combat in is the rare instance of intruders invading the USCM ship. Any other scenarios would result in apprehension instead of lethality. Such as if the UPP had found the distress call instead of a average ERT. Synths would have their combat restrictions revoked to assist with the UPP Issue.

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
true

Have you read the application process page?
true

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
true

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
true

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
Negative.

Are you currently banned from our Discord?
Negative.

Let us know why you were discord banned.
No ban to explain.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
I hope I pass this one, it’s been a while since I last applied. I have read the guidelines over, and over ever since. I really hope this time I didn’t screw up.

1 Like

I would suggest utilizing the application help channel in the CM discord. You will need to refine and develop a proper story that does a good job of showing the interactions we need to see it show. Additionally, some detailed conversations regarding rules and restrictions may help, as your combat answer is somewhere between incomplete and incorrect. You’ll probably also want to get more seasoning in the various support roles to ensure successful competency verification.

3 Likes

I know almost everything about every department.The only issue I see for myself is making a sufficient story. I apologize for the combat answer, I dont have the best memory but I did remember that intruders deactivate combat restrictions. Its what I read in your forums. Considering the story, I can’t think of any situation that would show all sides of my synth. I hope at the very least everything seems in order. I didn’t season the department skills because last time it didn’t ask for much. I apologize for lacking it though. If there’s any possbility, could you give me some sort of story example? I don’t want to look at other synth stories, because I’ll feel like I cheated. I tried my own, short story that sadly had no inspiration, or any way of showing how he works.

1 Like

Instead, I might retract this so I can retry this with hopefully a more inspired story. I sincerely wish to pass this application, unless this one has passed.
(Which I sadly, but truthfully doubt.)

Also is this the right application platform? I feel like the last one is the right one due to the lack of responses. No offense.

Not gunna parrot Katskan, as he has pretty much said what needs to be said. But I am going to step in and say personally I’m not too happy with the synth name Wheatley as its the robot from portal.

3 Likes

Wheatley isn’t just their name. Technically it’s my own name. It wasn’t just because of him.

1 Like

I will give similar advice I post to most synth apps. So ignore it if you have seen it before.

The issue with your application and your story is a bad quirk.

Everything you listed for better or worse is what all synths do. Its bland and makes for a hard character to roleplay.

Think not on how your synth acts. But who they are.

For example, take your story as is, now imagine your synth is an ordained priest. Or an undertaker. Or hell a pastry chef, or a “grandpa” model.

Imagine how you could expand on the framework you laid out. By just tightening up the details of your quirk.

Other minor points, remember that we do not actually have emotions; we simulate them.

Your combat response is bananas but you can fix that.

-1 as is, but I see potential.

1 Like

This is your second application and there is minimal improvement. There is no reason to fly blindly for your synthetic’s personality when you can send it to any and all synth councilors for feedback. This is the foundation of the application and part of what the story is judged by. Again, your story is lackluster. Reading can be difficult, but this is slow format to allow you time to build on it, and again, you can submit it to any councilor or have members of the synth whitelist review it for feedback. For experience answer, there is a reason we do not ask for hours, answer what you have learned working these fields. This application is denied.