Discord Ban Appeal - grassh0le#6186

What is your Discord ID?

grassh0le#6186

What is your BYOND key?

Grssh0le

Total Ban Duration

Perma

Reason for Ban

“Official for Ban for Rule 10a, suggestive content: person self-identifies as a pedophile in their status. We don’t associate with these types of users. You aren’t welcome here until you clear this behavior up. Permanent ban.”

Appeal

If you guys don’t mind I’m gonna copy-paste the old appeal that was denied because I didn’t wait the 3 months, hope that isn’t an issue.

Previous appeal (grassh0le#6186 - Discord Ban Appeal 10):

“Bio (along the lines of): ‘umm… idk i like genshin i guess?

:warning: This user is a registered pedophile. Learn more about Discord’s child safety policy at Community Guidelines | Discord. 2’

I’m fully in the wrong for not changing this bio sooner because it was just generally jarringly inappropriate, as well as just not not being really funny. I was being a dumbass who didn’t remove the cringe shit from my bio sooner, I think this ban is probably a good wakeup call to do so. All in all I deleted it and don’t plan on adding something like that again because I’m trying to move past that type of shock humor. I can understand any skepticism with my post because I might not be particularly remorseful, but I guess its cause I realize that this ban is logical than anything else so I’m understanding and acceptant where it comes from. I do enjoy this community and don’t mean any harm by my inanely inappropriate joke and I’ll make sure to be much more careful in the future.”

that appeal was denied by MrDadMan on the basis that “You literally kept the same description after putting up this appeal. There’s nothing prompting that anything has changed. If you think joking about grooming is okay at all, you aren’t welcome here whatsoever.”

I first need to make it clear with or without that reply I do recognize now that I had not waited the 3 month waiting period before making that post as I made it while mildly panicked because I wanted to apologize as soon as I could for the description as it was something I had neglected to remove for so long and was embarrassed about.

My issue with that appeal reply, however, is that I had removed the description so I was confused and was worried that if i didn’t figure out what he meant my future appeals may be denied for the same reason, but I couldn’t seem to reach the moderator (MrDadMan) who denied my appeal request through the messaging system of this forum so I could ask them if they could elaborate to make sure I don’t misunderstand them. So I’m asking that someone re-look over my previous appeal, along with the proper picture evidence that I’ve changed my description that I will include, so that this ban could possibly be lifted.

I have attempted to reach out to them, and then through staff notification attempted to try and get their attention in order to have a conversation as to what they mean because I had removed said description from my account prior to posting, even though I had forgotten to include a screenshot of said description to back it up. Even with that lack of evidence I was not given time at all to include a picture of my account description before he closed the post the same day he responded to it. I know that my frustration is most likely ill-received considering I’m in a place in which I should be apologizing for what I did, so I am truly sorry if my frustration is misguided and I am very sorry for having that shit inappropriate joke, and truly want to move on from it and commit to better action within the community.

picture of discord profile page changed: https://imgur.com/N43a5Wt

The person who banned you is no longer a member of staff. However this will be assigned to discord team for review

Thanks for the feedback, I also wanted to let you know that between that message and now i mildly tweaked the appeal to better serve as a explanation of what I did and why at the time of the appeals. I felt that I left out some stuff that could’ve left room for misinterpretation, so i didn’t want to let that happen, sorry.

This appeal has been assigned to the discord team.

This appeal has been denied.

Added appeal:denied and removed appeal:waiting