Greeno RP Policy

Hi, I think the RP about greenos should be clarified - 99% of people treat them like it’s something they know exist, they’ve seen it a thousand times and it has been done numerous times before and isn’t just a experimental thing that the researchers of the Almayer are willing to field test or experiment with.

I know that like 90% of Aliens related content is people going “hey let’s tame a xeno” but it really irks me that people act like it’s completely normal to grow and trust a xeno hive.

8 Likes

In my eyes it doesn’t make sense that marines would so easily trust the very thing that is literally putting larva inside them and killing them. I totally agree that they should be more cautious about it, and when I see marines begging for a xeno pet it gives me the stanky leg.

7 Likes

In the AVP Extinction game tamed xenos appear, however they aren’t trusted or deemed viable until a researcher puts them against the classic xenos, and even then they aren’t deemed viable because they all die to the classic ones.

oh and the researchers also keep them enclosed at all times because both of them are hostile to the humans in the enclosures.

3 Likes

all im saying is, 3 in 5 rounds, greenos will backstab you

I understand what you mean by people are not roleplaying the whole greeno concept properly almost to the point of power gaming trying to speed run make greenos, people casually talking about the process of making greenos instead of it being some kind of epic scientific discovery that only medical staff might have a clue about. Private joe blow yelling “get those eggs up to the researcher so we can make greenos” isn’t good roleplay whatsoever imo.

But what kind of policy clarification are you talking about? You want moderators/staff to note marines that use the word greeno for metagaming or something?

4 Likes

It’s kinda just the same problem as first contact- People have seen and played with greenos a bajillion times, at a certain point people just don’t care enough to RP at length about it- similar to hijack, where people just shrug and move to boats or pumps.

5 Likes

i hate xenomorphs we gotta kill them all >:(

3 Likes

probably because the queen can open the shutter whenever it wants so they’re not locked in there with you, your locked in there with them. Also marines just bursting research doors down and hacking them (swap them with req doors ) which litterally doesn’t allow RP without someone bursting doors and screaming “CIC, RESEARCH GREW GREENO’S LETS KILL THEM NOW!” and then the whole shipside marinse that just woke up just run at them and kill em. give research brig and police skills now!!

1 Like

Big True

well marines can or dont can belive in the green xenos but they most times belive in they and its a part i think of the XO to say if he want or not, well i know that (all the help are good] but well its most time they just wana get a pet or explore some mechanic but the xenos just wana make a Hive 2 and kill all well this depend on the queen

The problem is the marine “rp” of being scared is to usually attack them onsight with the greenos unable to fight back because they are mechanically prohibited to it.

It is not fun to get a rare greeno spawn. Play passive. Then die anyways because some PMC buckshots you instantly and says “fuck xenos”.

I played greeno last night and enjoyed the RP quite alot. Sure there were people randomly punching and petting me… but it was actually pretty cool to see the combat reporter videoing me attacking the other hive and describing “the absolute chaos on scene”.

I guess in lieu of not knowing a better way… would rather things remain unchanged.