Guide: How to make the CM forum not eat 20% CPU

CM forum uses an animated background starry by standard, but that tends to eat a huge amount of CPU usage, meaning keeping forum open is gonna cause ingame stuttering.

also if you dont want your ckey being public info cause of the risk of doxxing you can click this:

8 Likes

Did you write something unpopular and now fear being doxxed?

But yes, the forum seems way worse than the old one performance-wise.

4 Likes

The SS13 community is wild and having your CKey public in anyway is a bad idea. It doesn’t matter what you write, SS13 players are barely literate and will choose to misinterpret what you say then get mad at you for it.

Don’t use the same CKey to play on different servers either, it’s just not smart.

I shouldn’t be having to teach about internet security but also having your usernames/CKey matching on multiple websites also isn’t a good idea. Use different usernames for everything

3 Likes

So that would explain why my computer crashed during my essay. Good to know.

1 Like

i will wildly misinterpret whatever anyone says, in game or on the forum, because i find it hilarious. you tryna start a fight?

biggest tip - just force quit your browser lmao

3 Likes

i have the power at any moment to change your interface back. don’t tell the other admins.

2 Likes

Absolute hero

2 Likes

Stalkerino is an absolute mad lad.

1 Like

thanks

1 Like

I see what you did.

Dude, I don’t want that star background and the option to change it seems to be gone as well. Literally get me the grey background back.

1 Like

The star background seems gone now, but everything else is still dark. I want the grey back.

1 Like

I mean you are not wrong but….