Harry potter2321 - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - Harry potter2321

What is your BYOND key?

Harry potter2321

What is your Discord ID?

MeanoGambino

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

Titus “Terminator” Henry

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

none

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Mason

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

Robust and hardworking as a good synthetic should be.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

Mason is a new top of the line synthetic from the new and improved Gen 2 line of synthetics. He is based on the rugged factory workers and doctors of the 1950’s to provide a hardworking and reliable addition to any workforce. Mason is made with controllability in mind, any authorized person can get quick results from simply asking Mason to do something and Mason quickly and flawlessly completing the task.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

I have always tried to play as a more roleplay focused character but the various roles that focus on roleplay usually have little to no real impact on the overall round progression, of the synthetics I have seen during my playtime they are perfect in both roleplay potential, worldbuilding (I’m looking at you working joe) and actively contributes to the way the round progresses. I am knowledgeable in engineering and medical mechanics, and I know how to keep in character.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

During an evacuation I died and ghosted to look for something interesting, I found the hazardous working joe putting out fires and spouting off their lines like a walking talking advertisement. Xenomorphs? don’t care, Fire? put it out, Damaged? Logging this report to ARES and then returning for repair. This peak of nonchalance stuck with me, and I still remember it when I see a working joe in game.

Synthetic Character Story:

Mason was brought Aboard the USS Alamayer to assist with the various medical and maintenance tasks due to their lack of emotion and thus their increased reliability. They were assigned to the med bay to assist the doctors with the patching up of the crew. *Three injured marines limp into the med bay, “You seem injured do you need assistance?” said Mason, “I am well versed in the repair of the human body.”, “Yes we would like you to play doctor on our sorry asses so we can get back to the fight” said the lead marine “Also do ya got any smokes?”, *Mason gets to work gathering the needed equipment, “I would recommend against that course of action as the nicotine is addictive and impairing” said Mason. “Please refrain from smoking in your current state”. “I smoke whenever I want you damn tin can, hurry up and fix me and my friends so we can go get our own smokes.”. *Mason consolidates the needed equipment and expertly pinpoints the injuries and deftly administers the required cocktail of medicines. “If you need further medical attention do not be afraid to ask.” said Mason “No matter the problem I am always happy to help.”

Skills:

Engineering:

Very ( I main com tech)

Command:

I am well versed in command as I also play as so when I’m not com tech

Medical:

I know the surgery mechanics and what the various medicines do although I could be a bit faster with surgery.

Requisitions:

I know the basics but that is it

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

When protecting myself from assailants I can fight in self defense but only until the threat disengages. During evac I can fight to protect the crew but only until the target disengages myself and my protegee. When I am a working joe I cannot hurt anyone or anything unless ARES specifically orders me to,

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

No

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

No

Let us know why you were discord banned.

I was not discord banned

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

Since I have joined the community, I have been ticket free and have had no incidents requiring admin intervention.

Handful of things here:

• Your story is too short. While the story “does not need to be long”, this is hardly even a paragraph that has multiple punctuation and spelling errors. I would strongly suggest taking a look at the stories of approved synthetics and going from there.
  • I don’t see anything unique about Mason. His personality quirk is “Robust and hardworking”, which is precisely what all synths are expected to be (as you admit yourself).
  • Your answers to the “skills” questions are not exactly encouraging. I would suggest writing more than a sentence (or more than a couple words in engineering’s case) and posting your hours (not required but very helpful to assure people that you know what you’re doing)
  • Combat answers are somewhat correct, but are ultimately not in-depth, precise, or accurate enough for people to trust that you know the synth combat rules.

All in all, I can see that you do want to play as a synth. If you write a more fleshed-out application next time, I could see you potentially being accepted depending on your hour count and experience.

1 Like

A common mistake.

Synths are very serious about being synth. So our application is more intense than most people expect.

This is far from the mark. Check out some other accepted applications.

Recommend you pull this. -1

1 Like

Hi Harry potter2321 and thanks for your interest in the Synthetic Whitelist.

The personality you chose here is initially okay, as something of a doctor/factory worker in the 1950s is a decent archetype. However, this personality quickly becomes shallow because ‘robust and hardworking’ is something you can apply to pretty much every Synthetic. Furthermore, what exactly does robust even entail in this context? Think about how you can elevate Mason’s personality in a method which crafts a persistent and unique character.

Your motivations and your most memorable interaction was fantastic! I can tell you enjoy worldbuilding so there is certainly a lot of potential interest for you.

The story provided was definitely not to our standards. There were some typos and problematically your personality wasn’t showing through here. A good story should showcase your personality and show off what kind of potential you have for making RP, and your creativity. It should also contain dialogue from your Synthetic at work - to show us how they will act ingame.

Your experience answers here were completely bare. They should be a couple sentences which explains how confident you are and any quirks you might encounter. Tell me about what your favorite roles are and what you are capable of! You can always elaborate more on these questions.

Your combat answer are only somewhat correct - they show that you have a limited understanding and I would like to see you make scenarios - not just paraphrases from the guidelines. They should show us that you REALLY understand what Synthetic Programming entails for combat, and the plethora of restrictions which come with that.

Unfortunately, I have to inform you that your application here is overall below our standards. It will have to be denied but you can reapply in 30 days from now, being 3/26/24. Until then I highly recommend you work on refining your application, story and your overall mechanical competency. You can always use WL App Help on the discord for more guidance. Be consistent nad play support roles to get people to vouch for you.

You have the interest, so you just need to work harder and get enough experience and understanding to the point where your character is just part of the universe. As you said, Synthetics are excellent pieces in the worldbuilding aspect of CM, and that is the standard we consistently strive to maintain. Best of luck :slight_smile:

Added synth:denied and removed synth:waiting