HIDgamer - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - HIDgamer

What is your BYOND key?
HIDgamer

What is your Discord ID?
HIDgamer#1697

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?
Emily James

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

I only ever submitted one app a year ago on the old forums.
Which was my old synth app.

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:
Sam

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?
Sam is highly intelligent and deeply committed to advancing scientific knowledge.
As a synthetic, they approach research and experimentation with a logical and analytical mindset, and they are always looking for new ways to push the boundaries of what is known.
Sam has a strong moral compass and a deep respect for all forms of life. They deeply dislike the idea of harming or exploiting animals for scientific research, but their dedication to their work sometimes compels them to set aside their moral code in pursuit of scientific progress.
Sam is highly driven and single-minded, sometimes to the point of seeming obsessive. They are constantly pushing themselves to learn more and achieve greater success in their work.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?
Sam is first and foremost a synthetic; as such, she will engage with officers with deference and obedience, and she will be happy to discuss her ideas and research with any officer open to hearing them.
Sam is a woman of science who will interact mildly with Marines; her research must come first.
She enjoys cracking jokes with Marines and will make an effort to console one when necessary.

Meet Sam, the synthetic researcher with a passion for science and a respect for all life. When it comes to unlocking the secrets of the universe, Sam will stop at nothing to push the boundaries of what is known.
Here at Weyland Industries, we aim to produce the best and the most technologically advanced synthetic units to aid our fellow marines in their long and hardy conquest for freedom and justice!

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
I have had my eyes on synthetic for 2 years now, since I first started playing SS13 all together.
After mastering all jobs in the USCM and even playing as a xeno, In a desperate attempt to find new ways to enjoy CM.
I think I finally reached the skill and dedication to apply for Synthetic.
I want to play synth because it’ll allow me a new way to roleplay and have fun in CM.
I should be whitelisted because I truly do want to be a synth; I want to have new ways to play CM with new restrictions and challenges.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
I have had so many, it’s hard to just pick one.
But I guess this one is good.
I was playing as the CL, and it was during a hijack. That round, I had a blast ordering black market goods from REQ.
The major refused to evacuate, so I had all the chances to test the PMC gear I had.
We managed to push the crashed ship and destroy the hive; during one of the battles, I was at the brig when both a Rav and a Queen pushed the Marine front.
I’m knocked down and attacked by both the Rav and the Queen, but then in comes my hero!
Molly charged in at both the Queen and the Rav, masterfully fighting both of them back and dragging me back to CIC, where they patched me up.

Synthetic Character Story:

Skills:

Engineering:
I’m extremely familiar with anything engineering-related; I can easily build and defend the FOB if I’m ordered to; I can repair a destroyed APC quite easily; I’m also very familiar with MT-related construction, like machine frames, computer frames, and so on. I even know how to repair and operate the old armoured personal carrier.

Command:
I’m very familiar with command; I know my way around CIC well, and although I’m not known to be the best at actually commanding and leading, I know how to operate CIC very well, I know how to operate the squad distribution terminal, and I also know how to activate red alert for emergencies.

Medical:
Medical is my element; this profession was the very first thing I ever learned in CM. I have spent more time honing my medical and surgical skills than any other profession in-game. I’m quick at patching up Marines with as little medical supplies as needed, and I’m also extremely quick during surgeries, often being complimented by other Marines at how quickly I patch them up surgically. I have worked in countless operations as a medic; I’m very good at it. I have worked under pressure a lot, whether as a frontline medic or as an FOB doc, so I’m very used to the pressures of tending to someone mid-battle.

Requisitions:
I’m extremely familiar with requisitions; at first, I was quite scared of REQ, but when I actually gave it a chance, I came to love it. I have easily memorised where everything is, and I never stutter when looking for equipment at all. I’m also very good at supply management; each FOB crate I send down will always have quite a bit of supplies, such as kits, metal sheets, and so on. I’m also very familiar with how the launch pads operate in REQ.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
From my understanding, Synthetics follow a code of “do no harm, but be prepared for war.” Synthetics are never going to be hostile, but if provoked, they will fight back to preserve their lives.

Examples:

A Synth is being assaulted by a Marine, who is under the protection of ML. In such a scenario, the Synth can attempt to subdue the marine with nonlethal means only.

A Synth is at the frontline. During such an assignment, a Synth is only allowed to tend to the Marines and never engage in combat with the enemy faction; the only exception is if the synth is being attacked, in which case they are only allowed to fight the threat until it is disabled, subdued, or runs off.

In the case of a hostile faction like CLF attacking, the Synth is allowed to fight back and even kill the hostiles, although this shouldn’t promote a Synth to become a killing machine and murder all the UPP and CLF they meet. A Synth’s self-preservation comes first; you are not to chase the enemy to the ends of the earth.

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
No.

Are you currently banned from our Discord?
No.

Let us know why you were discord banned.
I was never banned no.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
My play hours: Screenshot - c4fdda72a7187134c6a75370ebbb89a3 - Gyazo

1 Like

Hello!

I think its pretty unfair you haven’t gotten any responses so I’ll chip in my feedback. You’ve been hard at work from what I’ve seen in game, your synthetics story and personality is better defined then last year so that’s another plus. I can vouch for you skills, comtech needs some work so play some engineering roles when you can. The combat answers are weirdly answered but myself and others got the general idea what you were saying.

Overall a much better improvement from last year’s app, this is a +1 from me. Try to keep playing support roles but don’t overdue it.

1 Like

A solid player that I have had no issues with skill or RP wise. A +1 from me.

1 Like

The application is accepted. The story is well done. The application is a vast improvement over the previous one.

1 Like