HIDgamer - Yautja Application

Yautja Application - HIDgamer

What’s your BYOND key?

HIDgamer

What’s your Discord ID?

hidgamer

Do you have a regular character? If so - what’s their name?

Emily James, Sam

Yautja Info:

What’s the name of your Yautja?

Tal’kar

What clan are you joining?

Ktal’t

If minor: Give your clan lore.

N/A

Yautja Character Story:

A group of Marines suddenly rush up and start shooting you. How do you respond?

They would be marked as temporarily dishonorable, and thus I may use my plasma caster to stun them momentarily for me to simply get away while cloaked.

Another Yautja hunted and killed a target you had marked. What do you do?

I would approach the Yautja in question to confront them about it and challenge them to an honor duel in order to restore my honor!

3 Likes

Interacted with Sam plenty of times, they always had great roleplay and displayed lots of knowledge in regards to game/server mechanics. HIDgamer is also a whitelisted synth who clearly understands both OOC and IC rules/guidelines. +1

2 Likes

+1, friendly and competent player who is always a pleasure to interact with, as well as a good synth player who can obviously be trusted with Yautja

2 Likes

Never had a bad interaction with the player or the character ‘sam’ in game. I literally see no reason to not give this a +1

2 Likes

+1, Really good roleplayer and synth WL holder.

2 Likes

+1. Full faith and confidence in the ability to uphold the standards of the whitelist.

1 Like

Seen Sam a lot both shipside and groundside, always great to interact with. Especially when they drank an entire glass of Vodka from the bar. +1

2 Likes

The story is okay, although I’d like to pose a few questions.

Q1: The same person has been predhunting you for couple of rounds in a row, let’s say 4-5. They’ve just been wordlessly shooting you the second they see you.

Q2: The Queen calls you a moron, taunts you and even spits at you, what do you do?

Q3: A PVT sees you and tries killing you, how do you handle it?

2 Likes

Q1: The same person has been predhunting you for couple of rounds in a row, let’s say 4-5. They’ve just been wordlessly shooting you the second they see you.

Q2: The Queen calls you a moron, taunts you and even spits at you, what do you do?

Q3: A PVT sees you and tries killing you, how do you handle it?

A1: Hmm, in that case, if they have been just attacking me without any effort to RP what so ever.
I will battle them out as I would normally. Once I win, I will loot their skull and hang their body as a warning to other humans.

A2: I will not have my honor disrespected by a serpent. I will proceed to battle her out, as she has acted in a dishonorable way towards me and therefor is huntable per HC.

A3: It depends if they just attack me wordlessly or not. If they attack me as soon as they see me with no words, I will battle them. Once they lose, I will, however, drop their body somewhere it can be easily recovered as, in the end, it’s a PVT, they are new, and I don’t want to spoil their game experience with this encounter. However, I will try to taunt them to see if they are willing to RP, and if they do play along, I will consider thralling them as a means of making their day!

3 Likes

Story is ok, I noticed quite a few grammatical issues. OOCly and ICly a nice person. Just a few questions.

Q. 1 A fellow predator is having a scuffle with a marine and then suddenly gets tabled by said marine and is being stun-locked. How do you react?

Q. 2 There is some gear aboard the Almayer, some is locked in the containment cells and a researcher has some on his person. How do you go about recovery?

Q. 3 A marine calls you a cowardly bitch and runs to fortifications. What do you do?

3 Likes

Thank you for your comment. please do highlight any inaccuracies in my answers.

Q. 1 A fellow predator is having a scuffle with a marine and then suddenly gets tabled by said marine and is being stun-locked. How do you react?

Q. 2 There is some gear aboard the Almayer, some is locked in the containment cells and a researcher has some on his person. How do you go about recovery?

Q. 3 A marine calls you a cowardly bitch and runs to fortifications. What do you do?

A 1 I would likely taunt the predator for falling for such a “technique” and taunt the marine for being disgraceful and using such tactics. I can’t really do anymore than that, as I can’t be dueling or hunting the same prey as another predator, so it’s on them to get out of the silly situation they got themselves in.

A 2 I will contact the researcher and intimidate them into handing over all of the gear in containment and on person “hand over the gear or your screams shall echo all across your ship”. From here, it depends on how the researcher reacts. If they resist or try to hide any of the gear, I would likely try to get the equipment by force, as I was left with no choice.

A 3 It depends on the weight of the insult. I will likely taunt them by calling them weak and dishonorable.
for disrespecting my honor though they will be marked for hunting. They won’t be staying in fortifications forever. Their skull shall be my trophy, and their hide shall be my coat. No one disrespects me and lives to tell the tale.

1 Like

+1, one of the few synths I recognize in-game and always aggravated me when playing xeno. They adhere to the synth guidelines well and I believe they can follow the Yautja honor code as well.

2 Likes

Sam can now bonk Marines. This is not good… But alas good player no bad things from em.

+1

2 Likes

I don’t ever comment on pred apps but i’ll take the L, so I’m going to give a -1. I don’t trust this individual with maintaining the standard. They are, from what I’ve seen, overly aggressive as synth. They do not maintain the synth standard OOCly. I don’t think they’ll follow HC particularly well since synthetic combat restrictions are very easy to understand, and this applicant does not follow them particularly well while HC is relatively complex.

2 Likes

Thank you for showing interest in the whitelist! Firstly, your story shows effort and your community support started out strong. However, your recent suspension from the Synthetic whitelist cannot be ignored.

Due to this, your application is denied. You are free to apply again in 30 days, though maintaining your current whitelist and regaining community support first will be important.

2 Likes

Added pred:denied and removed pred:waiting