Hospital Corpsman Loadout Discuss

And Jayla, don’t worry too much about getting flamed for your loadout, lol. Pretty much every medic loadout is bound to get flamed because of how vastly different different medics’ playstyles can get. I will admit, the machete instead of a backpack is a rather odd choice if you ask me, but I’m also the medic who carries a welder satchel, as well as no revival pouch, so perhaps I’m not in the greatest position to judge lol. Overall though, besides the machete, your loadout is more or less fine, just make sure to be open to change it if you find something else works better.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this is better because it’s atleast a bag or worse because I cannot fathom a reason why you wouldn’t just use a normal satchel

I dunno, I legit think the lack of a backpack is… a massive drawback. At least with satchels, you can still carry medkits and extinguishers. A machete scabbard is… very wasteful in terms of storage space, imo. Especially since a machete pouch is just… better.

Not having enough burn and trauma kits + splints is a massive downside that degrades a medic’s capability to conduct triage immensely. With only the 2 burn kits, 2 trauma kits and 3 splints present, I’d literally run out of supplies in a handful of patients, and need to resupply VERY often.
Every medic loadout I’ve seen has at bare minimum, spare medkits in their backpack slot to carry supplies with. In my opinion, this loadout is extremely, limited. The backpack slot is essential, absolutely essential imo.

I suspect they simply use the graft and suture instead of speedkitting, but whilst it’s more ‘efficient’, it’s also incredibly slow (plus supplies aren’t even that scarce even with the medical nerf, literally just rob dead medics or colony med)

2 Likes

I use the welder satchel because of my history as a FOB medic. I would make regular use of a mini flamer during FOB siege and even used it offensively in pushes because it’s not as punishing as regular flames to walk through, and xenos often aren’t going to tell the difference in combat anyways. It also didn’t matter how much space I had since WeyMeds are readily available to FOB medics. It’s a bit of a relic now that play frontline medic more, but it’s nonetheless kept as a fuck-off tool against backliners. For space, I just keep a spare welder backpack full of medical supplies in hand or nearby. Unconventional, but it’s served me very well for over a year.

1 Like

Agreed. I’m not too sure how Jayla handles this issue, but I trust they know what they’re doing. In any case, I had the same issue as a newer medic, and I resolved it by simply keeping a backpack full of medical supplies nearby me at all times. It’s unconventional and requires a bit of playing around to ensure you keep the backpack with you and safe, but it can be done.

May I ask for an example of a good gunless medics loadout?

1 Like

none

4 Likes

There is no single reason to ever use a gun less Corpsman loadout outside of a self-challenge or if you are roleplaying a pacifist medic, although trying to preach pacifism as a ideology falls apart when you are confronted by in-human monsters that have no sense of human ethics or morality.

If we’re showing off loadouts, here’s my current Corpsman iteration (which changes every month). Its intended to give me enough supplies to hold the front for several hours and still be an effective combatant in my own right.

4 Likes

Personally i rarely, take mod 88 with ammo belt instead of real gun with mag pouch, just to be synthetic like medic, focusing on support and retreats (and like a coward after seeing Ravager in next four tiles to me)

But mostly its M39 with ammo holster on my back, and a loot of medicine in pills, double roller bed, stasis bags, and Health analyzer.

Very interesting topic Jayla! Here’s some things that I’ve run out of while running the same or more of what you run of these:

Brute and burn kits. I run about 5x the amount of kits you run and I’ve still run out on some rounds.
Splints (have run out after using about double your splints)
Blood - (double yours too, but this is more rare)
Bicard pills (double yours)
Kelo pills
Gun/ammo

(Not shaming/flaming, just comparing. If your playstyle means that you aren’t running low on supplies, then fair enough.)

2 Likes

I rate this about 2 out of 5 on the storagemaxxing scale

Its a question of how much time you want to spend on a loadout. I lost interest in maxxing out giga-max setups since I started to dread having to spend so much time and effort on such a complex setup that, for all I know, might be wasted if the marines or xenos all die in 15 minutes of first drop.

I now prefer more so going for easier to setup loadouts, at least as a Corpsman/Synth.

2 Likes

You could put a bible in the suit storage slot before the Antichrist storage nerf. It used to have 7 slots for small items IIRC, so it was rather good for inv maxxing. Although even then I’d recommend at least carrying a gun in your hands if you don’t wanna spare slots for a gun.

1 Like

Here’s my loadout. Fairly similar to Steelpoint’s besides the choice of weapon and armor.
Similar core idea as well, that being to hold enough to support the front for an extended period of time without needing to resupply at all. Usually I end up with more than I need (unless it’s a 2+ hour round), so I can share it around to other medics that came less prepared.

I’m pretty stingy when it comes to using trauma/burn kits too, so they last a fair bit longer. I usually save them for bleeds, heavy single limb damage, or for reviving.

I reserve the right to run into dangerous areas to clear resin while wearing a beret so I can get decapitated as soon as possible.

Actual justification for the machete: I find that a lot of marines don’t focus that heavily on clearing resin/weeds despite it being hugely useful for safely sustaining a push, and so I run the machete so that when there’s downtime and nobody needs healing I can still assist the group by clearing obstacles.
Usually I run around with a machete in one hand and binoculars in the other, alternating between clearing weeds/resin and scoping out to check for people that need to be healed or retrieved.

It’s something to be careful with, no doubt, but I actually can’t recall ever dying while pushing to clear weeds (despite me doing so rather aggressively at times).

4 Likes

Machete is not a bad tool on it’s own, but putting it on the back is extremely inefficient and is trumped by simply getting an M39 with stock and bayonet. Pouch machete is alright.

2 Likes

Oh absolutely. Back machete is a meme pick, but I respect it.

1 Like

Back machete looks cool as hell if you don’t need the space, I used to run it as PFC (now I use pouch because I wanted a slug shotty)

1 Like

i use two guns as corpsman because im cool like that

1 Like

May I ask how to insert a video like this?

If it’s just a YouTube video you want to upload, just post the link and it should automatically pop up.

Example:

https://youtu.be/OucSjLUa-1Q?si=LfiauvDRdDan1KTv” leads to…

2 Likes