How many here were playing before the game went open source?

As it is a voluntary poll results are not some die hard truth. I just want to see how many of the active forum members were around before the game went open source.

• I played pre open source
  • I only played post open source
0 voters

Will raise you one, got my damn CO whitelist before open source. Crazy to believe it’s been that long, makes the old old days feel so fuckin far back you forget about it. Also PS if you want a laugh go search up open source on discord to find a straight year of coping over “OPEN SOURCE SOON FOR REALSIES NO TOTALLY IT DEFINITELY WONT BE ANOTHER 8 MONTHS”

1 Like

Who here around from Infestation Station? NMV Sulaco? NSS Nostromo?

Old_lobby_art

4 Likes

I played a bit during Sulaco and witnessed droppods, cloning and Rasputin.

1 Like

I started back when techwebs were a thing but I have no idea if that was open source or not because I wasn’t keeping up with community stuff at all at the time

Started during the Seth wave, but only truly started like, half a year before IOs got “removed” and replaced by RTOs. Took a break and only started playing last year.

1 Like

My earliest memory of CM may have been one of the proto-servers. I recall we were just using SS13 Syndicate armour and c20r SMG’s to fight xenomorphs on some older version of Boxstation.

I also recall some weird custom map being tested that had no APCs on the map, so you had to build APCs as you went. Though this may have been one of the proto-servers and not the actual Infestation Station/CM.

Eventually it graduated to us using very basic colonial marine sprites onboard several different versions of the Sulaco fighting on Boxstation, before we eventually moved on to the 1st version of LV-624.

2 Likes

I migrated from Goon to CM in 2016 since I was interested in the funny server that kept topping the hub, got launched into the Sulaco when it had cloning and table-cades. I’m guessing most active people on the forums are probably the most loyal members, hence you’ll see a LOT of old timers.

1 Like

I don’t know, 2020

1 Like

never forget the 8 hour ice rounds when it first got released and people wouldn’t stop voting it

1 Like

I miss 2018 medbay.

4 Likes

Oh my god that brings back memories of some old medbays and their layouts

Current medbay version the best imo except for the never used and useless auto docs getting in the way

2 Likes

Member Defcon? pepperidge farm remembers

1 Like

Remember when is the lowest form of conversation.

1 Like

Remember when we held hands lovingly and stared into one another’s eyes hungrily on that Cuban beach as the sun was setting? Pepperidge farm remembers.

1 Like

Remember the RESS? Remember Weston yamada? Remember the Iron Bears?

1 Like

Do you remember when CIc was in the middle ish of the ship and you had to go there when you woke up to get a squad?

3 Likes

Remember when Brig was where briefing room is?

1 Like

Old old old forums were wild

1 Like

Right? Literally the potted plants that replaced the autodocs for a while were better because they at least didn’t take up space.

3 Likes