How to clear your Cache

i’m just making this to link to it so i don’t have to repeat myself forever

How to clear your BYOND Cache

:information_source: This may resolve issues with being unable to connect, not seeing any icons on the left hand portion of your screen, and other non-user interface errors.

First, head to your BYOND Hub. Hit the :gear: at the top right.

CleanShot 2023-06-23 at 10.07.15@2x

Then, go to the Preferences section.

CleanShot 2023-06-23 at 10.07.41@2x

Then, go to the Games tab. Hit “Clear Cache” - you might need to clean up some ghost Dream Seeker processes in the background - do this via the Task Manager, or by hitting the “Clear Cache” button a few times until it offers to do it for you.

How to clear your Temporary Internet Files

:information_source: This may resolve errors with our user interfaces, such as your chat at the bottom right, your statpanel at the top right, and any other pop-up interfaces.

:warning: The “Internet files” being referred to through this refers to your Internet Explorer files - no operation here will impact your other browsers installed on your computer.

Firstly, in your Windows search bar - look for “delete cookies or temporary files” - this is within your Control panel.

Then, under the Internet Properties windows that appears, select “Delete” under “Browsing history”.

In the “Delete Browsing History” window that appears, select the “Temporary Internet files” and “Cookies” options.

:warning: Selecting “Cookies” here will result in your TGchat preferences being deleted, such as any text highlights and chat tabs. You can choose to only delete “Temporary Internet files” first, and see if that resolves your problem. If it doesn’t, try deleting your “Cookies” too.

Then, hit “Delete”. This procedure may take a few seconds.

2 Likes