Admin who banned you?

Total Ban Duration

181 days

Remaining Duration

181 days

What other servers do you play on?

/TG/
Paradise

Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?

No.

Do you play using a Virtual Machine?

No

is your copy of Windows legitimate?

Yes

Reason for Ban:

Violating rule #7 and an apparent EORG before tat.

Links to previous appeals:

N/A

Your appeal:

I was not sure how i got the EORG stamp.
I usually log out immediately after round ends because its faster to reconnect by closing launching a new window.
Also i tend to switch accounts to get hours on both and as a placebo method for connectivity issues cause i think it cuts through the lag, i don’t know if it actually works.
Sometimes it seems that it does, my ISP gets hiccups sometimes.
But i only do so after rounds and i don’t use it to get back into the game after i get killed in one account.
I usually just sit around Dchat and watch the round till it ends if i have the time.
So i did not see the message in the load screen and only got knowledge of what i did in the Admin DM.
As for failing to communicate why i did what i did, i admit i was a very tired and slightly inebriated and my mind was irrationally hung up on how i got the EORG the first time.
As for the EORG, if i really did commit one then i offer my apology, i’ve set my mind not to do such things ever since i started playing.

Again my apologies if i seemed confrontational and reluctant to state my reason for my evasion.
My head wasn’t firing on all cylinders and wasn’t on its best state.

I was the staff who issued the ban.

The account doofus45 was automatically banned for EORG in a prior round. In the next round the account iamlem joined the server. This account shared identifiying information to corroborate it was linked to the first account, ergo it seemed the account was attempting to circumvent the EORG ban.

I contacted iamlem to request an explanation. Iamlem appeared to not comprehend the situation. I explained they had circumvented an EORG ban and that comes with an automatic 6 month ban and a file for perma ban.

I linked them to this forum to appeal the ban, and effected the ban.

Yes.
As stated i switch accounts to try to alleviate connection issues. I have alt-tabbed because its takes me a while to join games.
All i saw in the loading screen was “Connection Failed”.
So i switched accounts thinking it was a connection issue.
Again i apologize if i seemed not to understand the situation i was legitimately confused.

Hello Iamlem,

What other accounts have you used to connect to Colonial Marines?

Just Iamlem and Doofus45.

Oh and also a friend of mine used his SS13 account on my PC i don’t know if its prior or after the ban or if he ever played CM but his ID is GrungeNinja.

What can you tell us about the account, “fafaklaus”?

Sorry for the very late reply, i had to do some irl stuff.
To answer the question, i have no idea whose account that is.

Hello iamlem,

After a discussion with staff, we have decided that this permanent ban will stand. Maneuvering to a new account to avoid a ban, no matter the severity of the initial offense, is not acceptable. You are free to re-appeal this ban after 180 days have elapsed from the time of the ban. This appeal is denied.

Added appeal:denied and removed appeal:waiting