Incendiary OB fire should perma when you reached max dammaged.

why is it good for the game:
OB incendiary shouldn’t be something you can survive that easily…

to respond to mike bellow i make those posts to gather opinions/critic mainly from contributors and players.
most of the time i don’t make those for maintainers…(atleast not to make them react from a maintainer point of view. if that make sense.)

1 Like

Well, you have a ton of coding experience, so you could just put the PR up and see what happens. But personally, I’m not generally a fan of too many things that take players out of the round permanently. I think it’s realistic that you could be revived unless the payload hits you dead center or something like that. Maybe a middle ground would just be to increase damage/fractures/heartbreak/IB/organ-damage or something.

People that sit in the incen OB are already a nigthmare to patch up. Usually needing 2+ corpsmen to work on them. So no, its already punished enough to get hit by the OB you cant see coming and only know very vaugly where it hits. This just seems as an uneccary change, sorry.

2 Likes

The primary reason I would be against this, is bad OBs.
Instantly perma’ing through no fault of your own would be even worse than just getting random OB’d.

N.H.C hits the needle. It already takes a lot of time and effort to revive someone who was struck by a incin warhead or any other high flame damage death. The amount of damage you sustain is almost never reached by any other conventional method of attack outside of other OB warheads, ergo I think this is punishment enough.

I mean, both cluster and HE can gib you, and has fibbed many a front marines before. The fact that income just cooks you and lets you be revived truly shows it’s the worst OB.

to respond to the argument of it punishing enough for the player getting hit i think it’s false.
since the only peoples being penalize for someone that is the medics reviving you.
i have done it a bunch of time and it’s very very tedious and annoying
also you get out of it with no consequence for the marine getting hit in the end…
also OB aren’t random if CIC launch OB without warning blame CIC…
you also have a bunch of warning…

I should probably have better construct my post sorry…

There is punishment, if you’re on one side of the incend OB and the main force is on the other, then the xenos can just guard your body and deny revive.

Well, the chad xeno move is to hide and hope they do get revived, so you can cap both them and their medic. Or if the person arriving insists on moving the body far into marine territory, at least just capping the person arriving. So making someone impossible or more difficult to revive in this situation can actually be a slight punishment to xenos too, in that aspect.

But anyways if I were to vote on this PR being merged or not, I would choose not. It doesn’t feel like a change that would benefit the game overall.

This used to happen. Marines with too much burn damage would husk and you couldn’t revive them. That stopped being a thing years and years ago though.

Your post is worded fine.

Its just that this is kinda uneccecary. Like you said, corpsmen already have to work quite a bit to get incen OB victims back up. You basicly can imagine that if a marine gets hit by an incen OB they start a perma timer. Thats always the case with dead people, but only burn victims like from incen OB, you need to be very very fast.

The main problem is that, yes you get a warning about the OB and CIC yells it out. But that will only let you know vaugly where the OB exactly hits. Only the person that took the cords knows that spot, everyone else cic included has to guess on the first person dicription.

The HE OB can gib and perma marines in exchange for it being so incredibly powerfull.
The incen OB can be partly ignored by a couple of xenos, and fully by the queen. It is much weaker, so it would be unfair to give it a risk as high as the more powerfull one.

OB’s aren’t strong enough to warrant it. None of them are actually that good aside from clearing structures and if it also permakills anyone caught in it then it’s just going to be even worse and could hit the point of being detrimental.

1 Like