janspader - Commanding Officer Application

Dude made me quit CM after threatening to kill me +1 great life style change, thanks shay.

8 Likes

@sg2002
Personally I probably won’t hog the CO Slot. Command will take alot out of me nowadays. I have been trying to pace myself and spend time with other friends and such.

As for my rounds… Firstly I have always ensured that my role’s requirements are done. As an XO. This means my marines need to have a solid FOB and supply chain as the bare minimum. Perhaps as a CO I could also improve my marine performance and encourage teamwork, by showing marines examples amongst their ranks to follow. As for tactics, old habits die hard and I find that I’m often not enough of a risk taker. Change is slow but I am trying to force myself to cover my weakness of not having enough aggression. Perhaps paired with an aggressive XO this could let the marines have a better balance of Aggression and caution. I’ll be honest your question did take me by surprise as I never really thought of something like what you asked. So apologies if the answer is less than satisfactory

le silly1

Why would you say this when you have a CO app up. Why would you say this at all

1 Like

Its quite funny how many times we have to explain that just because you put thousands of hours into something it doesn’t automatically mean you deserve it or are remotely qualified.

Shay has not shown any capacity for learning how to improve over thousands of hours and OOCly have proven themselves slightly unhinged at best saying odd things in peoples DMs and the main cord and to top it off having what seems to be an anger issue.
Shay also displays little to no effort to roleplay, focusing on winning instead normally playing on silent autopilot and not interacting with things around their own ship. To those who have vouched for Shay’s ability to roleplay, you’ve just shown me that you either don’t pay attention or don’t have any idea how to roleplay yourselves.

They have said worrying things about other players in the community in regards to their last app being denied and just proved above have said stuff that other players would have been instantly banned for.

All of you that have given them a +1 need to take a moment and think about things more before commenting on other apps. Especially those of you who are staff and should know what they have done beforehand. Grow up and stop throwing +1s to your friends if they don’t deserve it.

I hope the CO council will not devalue their WL with humouring this.

Also last time someone mentioned a pipe box Soldier you shadow banned them both instantly, yet Shay made a literal Kill list about CO councillor players and you would just disregard this process and give them the WL. Very funny stuff :laughing:

2 Likes

Honestly, you are a solid xo. though id wish to see you pester those lazy rtos to use jtac and the mortar more often.

ML would probably be a bit of an issue if you were to become a co, but as CMP Powers once said, “Military Law is an art.”
+1

Right, I don’t have beef with you, but if the CO kill list is true then I don’t think you deserve the whitelist.

I haven’t had a negative interaction with you, and actually prefer you over many other XOs, but threatening to kill players and shit talking them in DMs when they hold he whitelist you are actively applying for is deplorable. You know the mechanics, you’ve played more than enough, but your attitude is in the absolute gutter.

3 Likes

Shay, you cant just say shit like that lol

I’m personally not offended, but you can’t just go out there and throw some really edgy remarks when one of the biggest criticisms about your last app was literally your behavior. It’s so damn disappointing when you were given a ton of legit feedback/advice and trust that things will change and you go and pull something like this

I just can’t fully support you at this time, or in the near future.

3 Likes

I play a german character but I never made any remarks hoping people get gassed by the millions, because that’s something a toxic person would do. Your behavior is unbecoming of a CO and thus you do not deserve the whitelist.
Regardless if you have the hours in the required roles, your reputation is negative within the community which heavily impacts the role.

1 Like

This has largely turned into a popcorn stand, I’ve read enough and I don’t think any more community feedback in either direction will alter the decision beyond what is already here. I’m going to lock this thread, and remind people that when giving feedback you should remain on topic and not post memes or shitposting in here regardless of how you feel towards applicants.

Closing the thread earlier seemed to auto-deny the app for some reason, that was weird and premature. Here’s the actual closing message.

Council have looked over this application and, unfortunately, we haven’t found much change in either your behavior, especially OOC, or in regards to the feedback we and others have left on your previous application that ultimately led to denial.

This app, too, had a decisive factor in our verdict – the recent remarks you made in Discord that, as others have pointed out, is something we absolutely do not tolerate out of an applicant. Staff didn’t tolerate it, either. A ban is in itself automatic grounds for denial, although the reasoning is more than just that.

The Council mulled over this a bit. Ultimately we feel that the repeated events we see here in the previous applications, combined with concerns over how you behave as a person (incidents of which we won’t name, as they’re probably already known by most), lead us to move to deny this application.

In addition to that, you reapplied quite hastily this time around, something which I think didn’t help your case too much. With the aforementioned facts taken into consideration, the Council will be temporarily suspending you from making an application until 6 months have passed, in order to absolutely make sure that if you choose to apply, it is done when you have been given plenty of time to iron out our concerns about you. You may reapply anytime after September 9, 2023. Don’t rush it.

You are competent, you are solid, you have a lot of people backing you. I will give you that. But who you are – and what you say – as a person is just as representative of belonging in the CO whitelist as who you are as a character. And unfortunately, at least as of now, we don’t think you’re a right fit for it.

13 Likes