JediKing112 - Yautja Application

Yautja Application - JediKing112

What’s your BYOND key?

JediKing112

What’s your Discord ID?

JediKing112

Do you have a regular character? If so - what’s their name?

Jason North

Yautja Info:

What’s the name of your Yautja?

Au’Ron

What clan are you joining?

Lox’zil

If minor: Give your clan lore.

Yautja Character Story:

A group of Marines suddenly rush up and start shooting you. How do you respond?

Depending on the number of them, I would assess whether it would be reasonable to engage. If there were more than I was capable of fighting, then I would use the non-lethal pulse caster on them and leave. Otherwise, I would engage them, including using weapons applicable against temporarily dishonorable prey.

Another Yautja hunted and killed a target you had marked. What do you do?

I would confront him via radio first, asking him to return to the mothership, so that we could discuss it. If he had a valid reason, I would forgive him, otherwise I would challenge him to an honor duel to settle the matter ICly.

I’ve talked to JediKing112 in DMs for a bit. They’ve made a very solid story and from what I’ve seen have proved to be capable of RP ICly. I will ask some questions and comment a bit on the application at hand.

What do you think would be a valid reason for another Yautja hunting and killing your prey?

I also have some general questions to test HC understanding:

1. You’ve marked prey for the hunt. As you’re finding an angle to engage, he gets attacked. Do you save him? What are some situations you can save your prey in?

2. Under what circumstance would your predator do honor duels? Is Au’Ron easily offended or does he remain as collected as he is in his story? In general, what times CAN an honor duel occur?

3. Someone has killed another hunter outside of a duel in a one versus one. They’ve taken their mask for themselves. How do you respond?

Looking forward to your answers.

1 Like

I think that the only valid reason in this instance would be defensively only, for instance gear recovery, or direct self-defence.

If my prey is attacked before I engage him, I cannot interfere and must abandon the prey until he has been clear of the engaging party for some time. You can only ‘save’ your prey and move them to another location if another party engages your prey while you are already engaged with them.

My predator would only do honor duels when it is a specific, directed attack at his honor. If it were a generalized insult, he would prefer to gather the opinions of the other offended parties before any duel occurred, or if it were non-specific he would reprimand the insulting yautja. Honor duels may occur whenever a serious insult or incident occurred between the two, as stated earlier such as hunting one’s marked prey.

Had I been watching the incident, and deemed the prey extremely worthy despite the dishonorable circumstances in which the one vs one began, I would allow them to keep it. Otherwise, in the vast majority of circumstances, I would aim to stun them and take it back from them, or kill them should I desire for them to be my prey.

Thanks very much for the questions, let me know if anything isn’t right.

The question implies they “hunted and killed”, meaning they fully intended to go out of their way to kill them. With that in mind, would you do anything differently?

Correct. There is one more instance where you can save prey you’re hunting, in the case of HC breaks inflicted upon them indirectly or directly.

Elaborate a bit more what you mean here. What is “serious” enough? Does it have to be your honor specifically? What if there’s many minor insults, and they do not relent?

Them being killed outside a duel is not necessarily dishonorable.

Please clear some of this up. I’ll likely remain neutral until more feedback is given on the application by others.

1 Like

I’m no pred WL’er and I don’t know a thing about them, so you’re on your own there. That being said, I quite enjoyed your story, much like the time you rated the Almayer’s walls. I’ve seen first hand that you’re great at storycrafting, and RPing. +1 from me. Good luck on the app :slight_smile:

2 Likes
  1. With that in mind, I would definitely challenge them to an honor duel.

2. I think that ‘serious enough’ is mostly up to the player’s own judgement, based on what is stated in the honor code. Primarily, I think it would consist of a direct insult/threat towards me - any more serious incidents (such as attacking me) would be against the honor code and require OOC intervention.

Were it not my honor, but rather the honor of my clan as a whole, I would consult any active members of my clan before challenging them to an honor duel, if there were none, I would treat it as if it were an insult to me directly as the ‘representative’ of the clan. Do you have anything else in mind for not being my honor specifically?

If they had been continuously insulting me, either indirectly or minorly, I would warn them to back off, and treat any continuation after as a major insult, as they clearly do not respect me and intend to insult me. Sorry for my ambiguity on this question, but I think there is also a certain degree of ambiguity when it comes to the ruling itself.

1. I admit here that I was confused, and you’re right, the person having killed the predator is in no way ‘legally’ dishonorable for having attacked a predator outside of a duel, but perhaps ICly a somewhat dishonorable thing to do, instead of interacting/challenging first.

This user has since been permanently banned from the discord, therefor disqualified from holding any whitelists.

1 Like

Added pred:denied and removed pred:waiting