KaiserBlackwood - Commanding Officer Application

Hi hi, just wanted to give my 2 cents before going off to bed.

1. Generally playing a hothead while also being one is read by many as you just being yourself and not playing a character. You yourself can obviously change to make it not this way. I know you can, cause that exact criticism was brought up in my thread when I was applying. I had multiple OOC outbursts in my history as well as issues with certain COs.

2. You previously have acted very passive aggressively towards me ICly and OOCly either in-game or in discord. However during a recent LV-624 round - while this app is up - you didnā€™t continue such behaviors. And we seemed to have a candor despite previous misgivings. Point being: You gotta build back the trust you lost. And further outbursts or making antagonistic responses in this thread will not help that. Bite the tongue even if you think youā€™re right and admit fault. Hell, thatā€™s just good life advice. I did during my app and realized what some people were saying about me was right.

3. Round out your ML Knowledge. I canā€™t really add many details here that Mistiā€™s grilling didnā€™t.

4. Round out your character and play the angle. Itā€™s kinda inconsistent his beliefs in this thread. You say heā€™s on a mission, but what mission is he on? Does he truly only wish for power? Is he even a hothead? A hothead whoā€™d throw a tantrum at chinook or on the Almayer for the Mess getting his order wrong sounds like fun. Iā€™d actually like one of those since mine isnā€™t really a hothead, just a classist dick.

5. Experiment a little with Orders. Iā€™m not gonna -1 for ordering murderball every round as even COs do it, but Iā€™d like to +1 at some point without a rock in my throat.

6. Interact with staff. Like on purpose. Send us faxes or yell at ARES. Just check the staffwho beforehand. Thereā€™s more of us now since we added like 6 mods or some shit. Point being: we shouldnā€™t be an obstacle for you, and the days of COs running into problems with staff constantly is almost entirely a thing of the past. On the spot, I canā€™t even think of the last time a CO was arrested.

This is a -1 given with no Malice. You want in and overall your app showed effort. Please re-apply when youā€™ve rounded the character/behavior out, gotten trust, and improved (minorly) mechanically. I think you can do all that in 30 days no problem.

1 Like

Generally playing a hothead while also being one is read by many as you just being yourself and not playing a character. You yourself can obviously change to make it not this way. I know you can, cause that exact criticism was brought up in my thread when I was applying. I had multiple OOC outbursts in my history as well as issues with certain COs.

My character isnā€™t a hothead though. Heā€™s aggressive and swift in judgement, but his actions arenā€™t done without thought being put in. He usually thinks ahead of time what will happen or tries to predict it.

Round out your ML Knowledge. I canā€™t really add many details here that Mistiā€™s grilling didnā€™t.

Yeah, I am re-reading it from time to time to understand it better.

You previously have acted very passive aggressively towards me ICly and OOCly either in-game or in discord. However during a recent LV-624 round - while this app is up - you didnā€™t continue such behaviors. And we seemed to have a candor despite previous misgivings. Point being: You gotta build back the trust you lost. And further outbursts or making antagonistic responses in this thread will not help that. Bite the tongue even if you think youā€™re right and admit fault. Hell, thatā€™s just good life advice. I did during my app and realized what some people were saying about me was right.

Iā€™ll take your feedback to heart and work on it. Thank you.

Round out your character and play the angle. Itā€™s kinda inconsistent his beliefs in this thread. You say heā€™s on a mission, but what mission is he on? Does he truly only wish for power? Is he even a hothead? A hothead whoā€™d throw a tantrum at chinook or on the Almayer for the Mess getting his order wrong sounds like fun. Iā€™d actually like one of those since mine isnā€™t really a hothead, just a classist dick.

I am not sure what you mean by that. ā€œMan on a missionā€ is a general descriptor for a person that has a plan and follows it, in my mind. Hellstromā€™s here to get job done by any means necessary. Heā€™s stuck in Neroid due to his previous actions, suffering consequences of going above and beyond set mission parameters, which, while being a certain benefit for him, caused a lot of trouble for people behind him, thus heā€™s in Neroid to get back their trust by working with way more limited resources and accomplishing tasks he would previously find ā€œbelowā€ his expertise. Heā€™s supposed to be a hostile-ish officer put in 3rd Battlegroup as a punishment and he takes time to adjust to the situation. As of to why I act as XO like this, well. I was told by a few people that in order to gain recognition for my character I should act as my CO would act, soā€¦ I guess this backfired. Either way, he can have outbursts but theyā€™re localized to a limited amount of insults to show how pissed off he is. But, feedback is appreciated, Iā€™ll work on it.

Interact with staff. Like on purpose. Send us faxes or yell at ARES. Just check the staffwho beforehand. Thereā€™s more of us now since we added like 6 mods or some shit. Point being: we shouldnā€™t be an obstacle for you, and the days of COs running into problems with staff constantly is almost entirely a thing of the past. On the spot, I canā€™t even think of the last time a CO was arrested.

Iā€™ll see what I can do on that front. Usually I donā€™t really have much to bug ā€œHCā€ about it.

Experiment a little with Orders. Iā€™m not gonna -1 for ordering murderball every round as even COs do it, but Iā€™d like to +1 at some point without a rock in my throat.

Iā€™ve had some ideas, but I was saving them for CO rounds. Time to break them out.

All feedback taken into account and I will work on improving/implementing it.

Hey there!

Everything that needs to be said has already been said in full detail above, so I wonā€™t repeat them. Other than that,

Iā€™ve observed 3 rounds of you playing XO from beginning to end. I can say for sure that you are a good XO, I am contented with your roleplay abilities, and I am also mostly pleased with your answers.

I strongly encourage you to re-apply.

After some consideration I would like to withdraw my Application.

The application was withdrawn at the applicantā€™s request.

Thank you for taking the time to apply. Youā€™re welcome to reapply within 30 days.

My honest advice to you is this: Kaiser. You have a strong start, but you need to spend time cooking. Iā€™ll echo what others have said. Spend some time rounding out your weak points, and I think if you do so, youā€™ll make it at round two.

1 Like

Added co:denied and removed co:waiting