Kinganth - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - Kinganth

What is your BYOND key?

Kinganth

What is your Discord ID?

Cant find it.

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

I play mostly xenomorph.

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

Just this one.

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Drax

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

Shipside Synthetic.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

Drax is a newly made synthetic made for service of humans and the CO. It is here to serve and help people (which are non-combatants) do their line of order.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

I want to be a non-human working for humans and I am pretty good at service.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

I had none but I saw one as a ghost.

Synthetic Character Story:

Drax had a mission to recover a valuable object one time, he did pretty well at it. He also likes to help people do stuff like medical and service, but more of a service Synthetic, and is pretty well at doing all of what he is asked too but really might be a headache sometimes.

Skills:

Engineering:

I have done it but not that skilled at it.

Command:

Not been a command (yet).

Medical:

Pretty good.

Requisitions:

Meh.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

If a xenomorph raids the HQ and attacks everyone and the exit is blocked.

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

No bans or job bans.

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

No bans on discord

Let us know why you were discord banned.

I have not been discord banned.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

No.

1 Like

By the way my discord ID is Kinganth

1 Like

Not a fan of the name. Synthetic names are supposed to be normal first names.

This isn’t a personality and doesn’t explain how your synthetic would act. Synthetics are usually characterized by a quirk, with that being a more pronounced part of their personality. This could be something like optimistic, logical, caring, blunt or anything of a similar nature.

Your story is lacking. It would have been a good idea to check out other accepted applications to see what we’re looking for in a story. It’s a good idea to have some dialogue between Amy our synthetic and another person in your story. Instead of saying he was assigned a mission and he did well, go into detail on the mission and what he did that made him do well.

Your skill answers make it seem like you aren’t very experienced in many roles. Synthetics are expected to be competent in a large amount of roles.

It would be nice if you gave some more niche examples of where combat was ok than, last stand. Like are you able to chase an enemy, and if so when would you be able to.

Also the reason this applications asks if you play a specific character is that it wants the name of a static marine. This lets the people reviewing your application see how you play ingame. If you’re trying to apply for this whitelist play some human roles, and try to RP with other marines in them.

1 Like

Hello, and thank you for applying. However, I am afraid I am going to have to deny this application, though I will give you some advice, in the event you wish to reapply.

Drax is not an acceptable synthetic name, as it must be a normal sounding name, nor is being a “shipside synthetic” a quirk. It must be something that actually makes your synthetic stand out from others, like a synthetic that likes geology and discusses it and makes it part of their character.

Your story should also be much longer. To get a feel for how long I would look at recently accepted synthetic applications. Your story needs to demonstrate your synthetic acting out its quirk and your ability to roleplay, something that the synthetic whitelist prides itself on.

As for your skills, every one of those categories should be excellent or better. A synthetic cannot merely be “pretty good” when the commanding officer is about to burst on the frontlines. You must be a master of all trades. Play more support roles and make sure you enjoy them too! If you don’t like playing support you do not want to be on this whitelist.

My final advice is to reach out to people in the community and establish a name for yourself. Applying for the whitelist without knowing what you’re getting into results in very quick denial. Don’t take it personally, we get a lot of people who apply without realizing what exactly they’re applying for. Take some time playing support roles and interacting with the community so people can vouch for you. Write a good story and have the synthetic council and synthetic players read it over for you and offer their own advice.

You’ve always got a shot, you just need some more time. If you really want to play as a synthetic, follow my advice, and I hope to see you join us someday.

1 Like