Kirshbia - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - Kirshbia

What is your BYOND key?

Kirshbia

What is your Discord ID?

Kirsh#7874

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

Braden Stephenson

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

Synthetic App 2019-2020 (Denied)
CO App 2020 (Accepted)
CO App 2022 (Accepted)

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Malcolm

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

He is a “customer service” synthetic unit. He only wants to do two things perform his duties to the best of his abilities and do everything possible to increase the profit margin in WY. To him helping his human companions live rich, filling lives of overindulgence in glorious capitalism is vital to his core beliefs or programming.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

Malcolm is a little older synthetic unit, likely in my mental headcanon. He was likely back in the day working to sell WY tractors and the like to cement that knock-on-the-roof used care salesman vibe. He’s friendly, at least. He might seem to care about the people he interacts with, but if he sees a chance to pursue a sale that increases the bottom line and what he’s programmed to think you’d want or be interested in? He is vastly interested in pursuing it.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

Like playing support, there isn’t a field of support I am weak in, and I think Malcolm’s character concept would be fun to play. I also think people will get plenty of laughs from engaging with him, especially as he’s a new face, even if their robot wants to get them onto a loan with an insane APR so they can get a truck when they’re back home. I have the ability at this point and time to deliver on several tones regarding roleplay, and I think I can hit this one out of the park if given a chance.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

I wish I could say I have just one. In truth, Synths like Brad, Katie, Day, and Felix help flesh out the world more. Help it feel more lived in and always been a constant force to RP around and interact with.

Synthetic Character Story:

Skills:

Engineering:

Extremely, I think over the last two weeks while I have been binging IO. I’ve been solo keeping power, comms, and been helping build the FOB as CE. I used main engineer when I was lot newer to this game.

Command:

I’m a plat CO and on the CO council. We’re just going to say I’m familiar here.

Medical:

Extremely, before I touched CIC I played a lot of medical. I spent months learning the system and somehow I still retain most of my knowledge even if some became outdated. There’s nothing in the medical/research side I can’t do.

Requisitions:

Very granted, I don’t play this as much as I used too when I was newer. But it is ultimately a bit of common sense and running a budget. It’s not a horribly difficult department as long as you don’t say blow 50k on donuts and crayons. I fill in when needed or I want to have a chill round.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

Off the cusp,

Most situations that would allow me to engage in combat would be defensive matters like I was to recover Private Snuffy, who, on his first deployment and ran off and into thug runner. Now while I wouldn’t be able to hunt the runner down I would be able to give a whack or two as I moved to disengage and get good Snuffy to safety. Of course, too, this would also go without saying if Thug Runner tried to keep attacking me he could also get a whack. The synthetics job is not to get that hot spicy melee kills but to protect its crew, and the burden of killing the good runner falls to its crew after they’re recovered and treated.

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

Nope

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

Nada

Let us know why you were discord banned.

N/A

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

Well, thank you for taking the time to read this. I look forward to any questions or addressing any concerns present.

6 Likes

I have incredible confidence in Kirsh’s competency and roleplay ability. Good luck!

3 Likes

THIS GUY RIGHT HERE. There aren’t many people I can fully and confidently support receiving this in full. Of all the hot and controversial takes the server has to offer, I don’t think Braden has ever made a single one.

Truly a great add to this WL, and one of the fullest supports i’ve ever given. He’s competent, excels in leadership, and is just a fantastic person to interact with on a daily basis!

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

2 Likes

Dudes a legend a MASSIVE +1

1 Like

+1 this man

Branden is a king , i’m suprised he doesnt have a synthetic WL already.

The story is good but there is a minor mistake at page 1 paragraph 4

No updates were found. It has been 183 since the last update. 183 since what? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Thank you for the warm words of support everyone. Not going to lie, Murphy, that typo is weird. I am guessing it may have been consumed when I formatted the story for google docs. But we’re just going to assume icly some things have gone nutty with Malcolm’s AI. He needs to be turned off and turned on again. :>

2 Likes

Braden is a good dude. Always a fun time to roleplay with him. I have zero doubt they will be unable to uphold roleplay standards as whenever I am around him he always hits it out of the park. He also has a very good grasp of game mechanics. Solid +1

2 Likes

Hello!

I’m going to keep any comments I have on your application a secret but for the duration of your app, I personally would like to see you play more comtech and corpsman. Corpsman due to constant changes when it comes to IB and comtech because I haven’t really seen you play that role too often.

Secrets are fun sometimes.

I can promise more corpsmen over Comtech just due to me finding Comtech very dull as engineering in CM is gutted. But I’ll see what I can to appease you there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good luck with the application.

1 Like

Thank you, Fish, and thanks to Rader too!

1 Like

+1. Give this man the WL or the MT gang revolts. Man is a great community member and CO councilor.

1 Like

He’s a great community member, a great CO and councilor. He will meet the Roleplay standards, and even go further without a doubt. He is kind and helpful both IC and OOC, I think he will be a great addition to the synthetics. +1 +1 +1

2 Likes

I’ll echo what TheeBiggest said earlier; I’d like to see you more as a comtech and corpsman. I’ve also got two questions for you.

1. You’re working in requisitions, and a marine starts complaining about you vending too slowly (you’re not); how would your synth react to that?
  2. What’s wrong in this image and how would you fix it?

1 Like

Hello, my friend Mayl Fore from the hit game CM13.

For the first question!
Malcolm would continue serving as quickly as he could. He would throw out an apology for the delay. Usually, most marines will tell him to shut up for me. But Malcolm is here for your customer experience. Akin what is taught in most retail. It’s about service with a smile, and should such methods gaslight the nice impatient Unga a bit, that’s just a consequence. Maybe later on in the OP, I see the guy again. Perhaps I have to heal him. He’ll keep getting just excellent customer service because Yanno, the USCM, chose Malcolm and has 9/10 customers recommend the Malcolm series.

For the second question. Bare witness to my horrible paint skills.

Depending on my materials and I DO believe that the walls NE from LZ 2 on Kutjevo are reinforced. I would start by pulling back the already made cades to a more suitable position, followed by setting up a basic case line around the lines proper to hinder access. Again, I do believe these walls to be reinforced. We can rip apart a lot of the lockers, beds, and coaches for additional metal. While granted, this setup isn’t fancy. It’d give us control of the area and hold up for a while if it were to be sieged. It’d be even better if we had a turret to watch it, but I’m assuming here I am working on a schedule if I am fobbing.

For the already reinforced wall in place. While part of me would LOVE to take it down, there is at least a decent shot that nothing important is to the direct east of it, and if so, it may be worth just setting up another line of cades on the side of the wall materials allowing. That way, should a FOB siege happen, there is plenty of warning from NE FOB.

I could also see a world where we take the wall down and fortify the room the wall is blocking. Still, again here, if we’re in a situation where the defenses are being contested, LZ 2 already has an extensive area to defend, so keeping it tight together may be the better idea, especially if we don’t have comms or something important outside of it.

Again most of this is time dependent. I know a valid tactic some engineers use involves shotgunning the walls down to replace them with barricades. Still, since I would have to do it manually I am not hundred percent certain it’d be worth the time turning it into a doomfort.

1 Like

The roleplay answer is fine, would’ve liked to see you throw out some advertising slogans for your model line though.

The Engineering answer is alright; I personally would’ve entirely removed those walls surrounding the dorm room and put down some more cades if I had the time, like you brought up. As a synth, you’re going to be able to remove walls a lot quicker and a lot easier than regular comtechs, either with a breaching hammer or through the sheer speed your (shipside) skills give you. Clear sightlines are extremely important to have. Good awareness of corner slashing in your answer, too. A defensive line is only as good as the people watching it, if you expand out too far it’s going to end up just getting destroyed or melted. (I find that most people neglect the Kutjevo dorms flank and don’t watch it at all, more of a player base issue than anything though.)

Nothing wrong with using reinforced walls, but you should be aware of the fact that it allows for burrowers to easily just step up and camp behind them without marines being able to chase the burrower past them until they’re torn down. It also blocks off escape routes if the LZ is overrun, something that has gotten me and a lot of other people killed before. It’s not without its upsides though, of course.

All in all, the answer is satisfactory, just keep some of the stuff above in mind.

I’ve seen you playing some more comtech and corpsman lately as well, keep it up.

2 Likes

Thank you for the answer, my good sir.

That is fair feedback.

For the roleplay advice. I love that. Given it’s req I wouldn’t waste time typing and focus on speed. But I am thinking now some macros could be made here. Brilliant idea. :>

1 Like

Great application, great guy, great friend

+1

2 Likes

Cool guy, easiest +1 yet.

2 Likes

I have seen him around many times

1 Like