Let me see my potential spot in Larva Queue if I am a latejoin.

Say, I want to play xeno. Clicking “Join as Xeno” as is gives me zero information on if it’s even possible for me to join as xeno through queue after some reasonable amount of time.

8 Likes

Valid

1 Like

This is already the existing coded behavior since its initial implementation at least as far as in game, not the main menu. When you click join as xeno, and have no cached position already, you update everyone’s position immediately.

This is in the proc /datum/game_mode/proc/attempt_to_join_as_xeno(mob/xeno_candidate, instant_join = FALSE):

I can confirm this works too on live (21220):

Additionally, all queue updates update the text in your status panel:

To have a position in queue you have to be an observer, not be job banned, unrevivable, not afk for more than 5 minutes, not be banished, and if admin not have larva protection:

My original implementation of the xeno queue prioritized new players so they would only have to wait behind other new players, but that was since changed because players didn’t feel it fair.

As far as the main menu however, it could spit out the current queue length; But I think we are going to do something else with this. Namely it will be a way to enter queue if we do make it where xeno observers are tied to weeds/xenos much like queen eye.

So I guess stay tuned. I may try fiddling with this today, but there is a fair bit to work out.

5 Likes