M44 rework making this handgun potent and unique.(already unique in USCM weapon

I think M44 is a very cool weapon to have but not very potent as a choice.
So considering how low is dps is and how much space each ammo take i think it’s fair to make it a weapon that hit harder.

so starting with the base i propose that standard M44 Speed Loader deal damage from 56 to 72.
it is so that you can kill a drone with a full loader and a runner with three bullet.
concerning special ammo:
marksman would go from 54 to 69
and heavy would go from 37 to 47
i don’t touch any other stats that damages.

3 Likes

Considering the slow fire rate this is pretty fair

1 Like

I think its already fair as is, you can duel wield it and effectively double the damage output when close.
Also handguns arent ment as a primary, its size and easy of use is balanced against it being kinda weak compared to a full on mk2. Current M44 is about on par with the others, arguably the m4a3 is the best but they arent far away.

More interesting could be making it say better at longer ranges when wielded in both hands, like you would expect from a revolver, heavy rounds having a stun was shit when it was around and current concept is just bad, same for marksman as they are just a straight upgrade.
Possibly more interesting could be giving it a tagging round like the HPR does, since you can take a IFF scope on the thing it could serve as a support tool, and the regular rounds be a just raw damage shot, maybe increase the AP since no marksman rounds?

Just riffing honestly but imo a straight damage buff is kinda boring, and unless it becomes OP you really wont see people using it anyway

3 Likes

People overlook akimbo pistols because you need to manually change your akimbo settings to the alternating mode to have your akimbo build be viable (not even good for most pistols) in anyway. Non-alternating akimbo comes with huge debuffs, recoil, and is almost overall worse than just single firing.

Partially saying this as a reminder for myself to change the default akimbo mode to alternating since it’s a noob trap with no benefits that decreases build variety.

2 Likes

M44 is fine as it is. Bit boring but its a secondary weapon for the “OH FUCK OH SHIT OH FUCK” moments.
Having a flat damage buff migth work though to make it more appealing, but that would definitly need some testing.

What migth be fun though is to encourage the akimbo playstile with it a bit more so we can have more Ocelots around. In general giving people a nudge to play diffrent is always good.
I would say having a pop scaling, limited ammount of M44 akimbo belts at req migth be the way to go there.

4 Likes

Purchasable m44 akimbo kit would be a neat belt addition to the marines point vendors. Price it somewhere close to the pistol technician belt at 10-15 points maybe?

Otherwise seeing it in req would be great. It’s a niche item for a niche play style and load out so it’d be neat.

The dual pistol shoulder holster is also something that exists but it’s stupidly rare to get from black market crates out of req.

3 Likes

The way to run akimbo pistols is by running:

Pistol belt on belt slot + pistol belt on suit slot + large pistol mag pouch + open pouch

It’s 6 + 6 + 7 (+2 from the guns in the belts) mags not including any other form of storage

I usually take machete pouch for utility

A lot of people overlook the fact you can put things like the M39 belt/pistol belt on your suit slot. It’ll carry the gun + mags with the downside of having magharnesses no longer be able to work. It’s my go to when I’m running builds with the M39

5 Likes

Sounds good. The gun really needs a buff after the heavy rework - its probably one of if not the worst gun in the game rn

1 Like

I mean… It’s kind of inoffensive… But also, why?

and also there’s the B8 smartscope problem.

3 Likes

The worst part about M44 is that it has shit total damage (392 with all 7 bullets hitting), and to use it properly you need to wield it with both hands due to it having higher recoil and scatter one handed than other one handed sidearms.

In other words, to maximize damage, you have to pull it out, wield it, and carefully hit all 7 bullets against xenos, which in normal situations shouldn’t be happening. And fair, it is a side weapon, but that doesn’t mean that it has to be necessarily bad, especially when other sidearms fill a niche, such as the A3 giving marines an emergency 500-ish quick damage load with its 600RPM firerate, or the Mod88’s insane armor pen.

Even before the nerf marines would use it to just carry heavy rounds and try to counter lunges from warriors or lurkers. Now? You just carry it for the drip and feel-like-a-sheriff factor. (I haven’t seen anyone use the M44 except for MPs or SOs recently)

3 Likes

Yeah, throwing knives are better than the M44 in all aspects even post tossing nerf(s). M44 is the worst gun one could take because it not only has the folding stock, BAIT (B8), and just trash ammo/fire rate. Let marines FAN THE FUCKIN HAMMER if one is one handed with a free hand to rip off at 7 rapid fire, reduce the accuracy but anything feels better than the 2-3s agony of spam clicking while the mildly mentally deficient marine player spam clicks fire over and over

4 Likes

You can nerf M44s to the fucking ground but if you let me dual wield spin them around then I’ll be running them in my loadout 'till the day I die.

5 Likes

I’d gladly take a fire rate or recoil nerf to get respectable damage.

Also the stock needs some serious love – it’s a total trap since you can’t shoot with it collapsed. You’re better off keeping the stock stored separate right now since it’s incapable of being used as an “oh shit” weapon with it attached. Feels like we should enable firing while collapsed with maluses (like the type firing it one-handed with it extended gives).

Or, for a much cooler alternative, revise it into a holster stock that goes in a pouch slot. Lets you draw the base revolver for quick shots, or you swap to your open hand, snag the holster and attach for more precise shots.

4 Likes

give the m44 surv smith-wesson revolver mechanics (spinning) to turn it into a quasi-xm88

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for your feedback! :heart:

i need to take the time to think and test things out.
it’s way more complex and big than i was thinking at start.

M44 as a lot attachment you can fit on it making it a totally different weapon…

Main templates i will take into account are:
1-Load that your suppose to wield to shoot(mini-sniper basicly stock+scopes(2*,4*,IFF))
2-Unwielded use as a secondary.
3-a subtype of Unwielded would be akimbo.

Right now what i would need is valid attachments to fit one of those three template.
if you have ideas about a template using M44 or a subtype of one your welcome to post them to…

4 Likes

The M44 Revolver needs a MUCH deserved buff. I would take literally anything else than that gun currently.

The M44 used to have a niche where the heavy rounds would knock over certain xeno castes, but since that was removed the gun is pretty much entirely useless.

It shoots to slow.
Has low cylinder ammo.
Has poor damage.

Just up the base damage by 10-20 and/or reduce firing speed for, even more damage or having it knock over xenos for a second again.

1 Like

The thing about the stun is that it turned into backliner killer 2000, and there was no way to know if the marines in the back line was carrying it.

But giving it more damage, or making it HP or something as a standard (the opposite of the mod88), could fill a niche.

1 Like

Not only that but you also couldn’t hit the damn ground even if you tried really hard; that is if you don’t have the god awful stock and a scope on it like it’s Hunt Showdown.

1 Like

an a M44 marksman main, would agree with most of this, honestly M44 is most lackluster of the three side-arms to choose from, M4A3 best for T1s, Mod88 just being all round decent for both armored and unarmored benos, I think making M44 more an armor piercing weapon if anything would make it leagues better, which marksman does, but would be nice if normal ammo did too a decent degree

1 Like

Yes, that would be great actually!
Make the M44 have higher armour piercing values so that when you shoot the slow T3s with your slow firing M44, you can actually do something.

If you shoot at some runners, your most likely not going to hit it unless your a sprite hitting god.
But it would be easier to shoot a slow T3 and still do decent damage to it cause of higher ap values.

I think a good damage table would be like:
armour: |00|05|10|15|20|25|30|35|40|45|50|
damage: |60|60|60|60|60|57|55|52|50|47|45|

also make the gun slower to shoot so that runners do not complain, but not to overly slow.

1 Like