Making first Marines drop more supportive, allow them to settle down.

Recently i noticed that Xenos like to camp near LZ where weeds allow them to, so i tought, what if first marine drop on LZ would be supported by air support? i am not talking about CAS and other stuff like that, what i am talking about is like mini swarm of ships with will shoot all xenos in proximity of LZ for like 5-10minutes, so marines can settle down before they will be rushed by xenos.

If xeno is in building, they will not get attacked, but if they get detected by movement sensor they will be attacked by “stronger” bullets trough celling.

Its inspired from Avatar movie where you have big ass ship supported by smaller ones:

1 Like

There’s OOC rules stopping them from properly attacking the FOB too early as it is.

3 Likes

no, that rule got removed

these are the only rules left

2 Likes

I see good ideas on the discord like T3 scaling, it’s a lot less admin work to deal with edge case fob attacks and instead just fixing the issue of xeno’s having a wild amount of T3’s roundstart that can rush (and even die since they can be quickly replaced) in an instant fob attack no problem.

Have a set of gauss turrets drop on the primary FOB at the same time the Dropship lands. The Gauss turrets cannot move and could have an in-built limited power supply of ~10 minutes after which they self-destruct.

This would make FOB rushes almost impossible and help give Engineers time to setup the FOB with a security net.

However this would make CLF shenanigans almost impossible, and it would serve to reward Marine plans that don’t afford much thought to allowing the FOB to be built before everyone rushes to fight

2 Likes

Gauss are slept on.

Wish we had more POs with em.

1 Like

If Xenos can siege FOB on first drop, survivors should be able to storm hive while xenos are prepping it.

3 Likes

They can. The only rule regarding survivor rushes is that larva have to have the opportunity to evolve into drones. After about 2 minutes into the round the hive is fair game.

2 Likes

Just buy door MGs and sentries as DP if you are worried about early LZ attack.

3 Likes

I wonder if you could give command access to five droppable sentries that have similar mechanics to how a po can launch sentries at cas flares/lasers. The SL/FTL/Comtech on the ground can coordinate with CIC and drop flares or laser specific important chokepoints within the radius of the LZ. These sentries would last until the 45 minute mark, or when the xenos are able to weed the lz.

Just tell GP to buy omni sentries?

4 Likes

I think its fun having to fight through the xeno hoard on first drop

1 Like