Round ID:

Your character name:

Donny ‘Dipshit’ Dabowie

Their BYOND key:

nanu308

What are you reporting?:

Enforcement Action Taken

Description of the incident:

I think Nanu308’s probably a great admin, I don’t usually play these hours, but he was very polite & didn’t make judgements on my character other than assuming I was griefing. Considering my long note history in such a short amount of time I can understand that tho. The report’s pretty much just re: the permaban as I can’t appeal. I think a lot of my notes are, like, missing HEAVY HEAVY amounts of context, but I have improved on my behavior from my warnings & make a point not to escalate anything to lethality. This report primarily functions to provide context to the permaban in the event of a future appeal, while such context is still fresh in my mind.

I latejoined Alamo PO. I got to FOB. Did some stuff. Exited my cockpit and a marine threw what I think was an HEDP, right on the Alamo, mere feet away from me. It bounced off the wall. I’m fucking livid because it destroyed the beautiful food spread the chef had set up, and I thought he was still crit, so I magdumped him. It was an SMG I picked up off the ground so I didn’t think it’d fuck him up as much as I later found out it did. I realized he was good and thoroughly dead, and I started CPRing him. I grabbed a medic. The medic told me to take care of it myself. I had latejoined so I didn’t have any medical gear, so I radio’d Almayer Medbay to prep a defib. I launched Alamo ASAP. I then ran over to the marine’s corpse to continue CPRing him. However, since I’ve been addicted to CAS Pilot lately I had accidentally fingerfucked it and hit FLYBY. I literally did this earlier in the round too lol. I ran back to cockpit immediately, figuring “well i should check…” and Alamo was back on the ground in <5 seconds.

I then proceeded to keep CPRing while I waited for refuel. Mauricio Schofield then said “WHY ARE WE BACK AT THE FOB RETARD” and started pushing me around on harm intent (not disarming). I said “Accident” or something to that effect and he proceeded to ask “THEN WHY DIDN’T YOU CANCEL IT”. But I did cancel… in 5 seconds of launch. Just really aggro fuckin behavior from this guy. I explained what was up with the marine and he told me to fuck off & started dragging him away. And outside FOB. He dragged the corpse past literally 2 (Two!!) medics who weren’t occupied. Seeing this, and not wanting the marine to be revived just to run off scot-free without being arrested for deliberately bombing my ship, I chased and kept trying to drag the corpse back, actually also attempting CPR during this but Mauricio just kept taking the corpse. We ended up right outside FOB. Eventually he found some medic and started punching me to keep me away. I punched him and was adminslept.

TL;DR
I understand magdumping him, plus my note history, probably makes this look like plain griefing. And I understand 100% if you can’t accept this report, i get it, it’s a lot of notes in a short period of time and they’re all related to the same like, overescalation. But I have been trying to temper my behavior and have actually considered maybe playing something like SO or Nurse where i have no reason to get in fights like that. I get that removing people from rounds isn’t fun, I do, but I genuinely thought this marine I magdumped was trying to remove me from my round, straight up. I just like playing PO man. I’m sorry.

Evidence:

2ndLt Donny ‘Dipshit’ Dabowie says, “You can revive him”
2ndLt Donny ‘Dipshit’ Dabowie says, “But”
LCpl Isabel Lopits says, “You deal with it”
LCpl Isabel Lopits says, “You can revive him”

2ndLt Donny ‘Dipshit’ Dabowie [MedSci (DP)] says, “Medical to Alamo. I killed a marine.”

these are the only logs i thought to grab before i closed the game.

also, if it is possible to maybe appeal some of my notes that are on my account, or provide context to them in such a sense it might reduce the permaban, i would greatly appreciate the opportunity. thank you

Hi, i was the marine that blew up on the alamo, i was lagging a bit and when taking an OT nade out of the SSD scouts backpack i accidentally clicked it twice, making it activate in my hand. Tried to throw it away from me but it bounced on a wall and i died, shit happens and its fair if you would have thrown me into the brig or shipsided me, i get that totally.

From my perspective your instant reaction, mind you i dont even think you got hurt by it nor anyone else, was to magdump an entire M39 mag into me, fraccing me to shit before stripping me and starting to CPR a while but the DS is still just sitting there.

A PFC walks up, goes something along the lines of “theres a doc south, lets treat him here” and starts pulling me over, you respond by chasing the PFC down, puncing me in the process and pull my body away from the doc like a good 5 times, into straight up darkness away from the usual path marines take before the PFC chased you down, no doubt i would have permad in there if there wasnt anyone else around.

I totally get you wanting to brig me for assault or whatever the charge would have been, and it would have been completely fair if you did so, but magdumping me and trying to pull the body away from an active doc trying to fib me is kinda odd behavior IMO.

yeah i get it. even i thought it was stupid of me as soon as i was done magdumping you. it was a dumbfuck juice way to react, especially considering i was planning on reviving you anyway?? like it just made it harder. i’m sorry for delaying your round enjoyment man.

No hard feelings from me, round was basically over anywho, just think about how your actions are perceived by others, even if your intentions were to revive me shooting me up and pulling away from a doc doesnt really look that good on you

I feel ya man. Nades are a deathtrap when you are lagging. Had that happen to me once. Thank god I was pyro

i will take a moment to think next time before i start down a cascade of shit like this situation turned into, with different perceptions from all sides - but those perceptions, ultimately were my fault in this case lol. i’ll just slow down next time.

but, this is not an appeal, it’s just to offer context re: the permaban when i eventually appeal, as nanu308 recommended i make a staff report if i felt anything was missing

OOPSIE

14 Likes

Added report:denied and removed report:pendinglogs