admins do not hand this out

Accused character name:

Synth Willard

What rule(s) were broken?:

Backline combat synth

Whitelist in question:

Synthetic

Description of the incident:

Willard was in the backlines, north on Trijent Dam, clearing out weeds, and I assume trying to find a dead body. I attacked him in the backlines as a spitter. He ignored me for a bit to continue searching. I got up in his face attacking and he batoned me down. He attacked me and grabbed his friend. Then he bashed me to crit and ran back to fob. I chased him back to fob and died but was too mad to care for my life at that point. I know for sure synths cannot run about, attacking and critting xenos in their way to save dead marines in the back. I was pissed off enough I asked him to finish me off right before I crit. If hes going to break the rules he might as well go all the way.

Proving he drove me to crit (on weeds), theres a section of log that mentions how I can almost hear someone talking.

as a funny side note apparently I was holding a fruit and bashing him with it, no wonder he managed to escape with that much health hah.

Evidence:

You will now use xeno spit with shift-click.
We spit acid spit at the plating!
Unknown (as Willard) is hit by the acid spit in the right arm!
You will now use spray acid with shift-click.
We feel our neurotoxin glands swell with ichor. We can spit again.
We vomit a flood of acid!
You will now use xeno spit with shift-click.
Hivemind, Ancient Warrior (XX-950) (watch) hisses, ‘Help im wandering around aimlessly’
Hivemind, Ancient Warrior (XX-950) (watch) hisses, ‘What do we dooo’
Hivemind, Spitter (GR-711-A) (watch) hisses, ‘Use the tracker XX.’
Hive! Your queen commands: Fortify this area! in LZ1 Valley Communications Relay. (Watch) (Track)
We start tracking the Fortify resin mark.
Shift click the compass to watch the mark, alt click to stop tracking
We feel our strength return! We can use Spray Acid again!
We spit acid spit at the weeds!
The Queen has grown an ovipositor, evolution progress resumed.
We accumulate acid in your glands. Our next spit will be stronger but shorter-ranged.
Additionally, we are slightly faster and more armored for a small amount of time.
We spit acid spatter at the weeds!
Our acid glands empty out and return back to normal. We will once more fire long-ranged weak spits.
Unknown (as Willard) is hit by the acid spatter in the chest!
Unknown (as Willard) rolls on the floor, trying to get the acid off!
Unknown (as Willard) has successfully removed the acid!
We feel our movement speed slow down!
You cut the weeds away with Lesser Resin Fruit.x2
You will no longer use xeno spit with shift-click.x2
With a flick of the wrist, Unknown (as Willard) extends his the telescopic baton.
You will now use xeno spit with shift-click.x2
Unknown (as Willard) drops what he were holding, his left hand malfunctioning!
We spit acid spit at the weeds!
The grass has been hit by Unknown (as Willard) with the telescopic baton.
Ancient Spitter (MH-404-V0) points to the plating
Ancient Spitter (MH-404-V0) has been beat with the telescopic baton by Unknown (as Willard)…
Unknown (as Willard) refuses to eat Lesser Resin Fruit.
Ancient Spitter (MH-404-V0) has been smacked with the telescopic baton by Unknown (as Willard)…
Ancient Spitter (MH-404-V0) has been struck with the telescopic baton by Unknown (as Willard)…
Unknown (as Willard) is scalded with hissing green blood!
Ancient Spitter (MH-404-V0) has been slapped with the telescopic baton by Unknown (as Willard)…
Ancient Spitter (MH-404-V0) hisses, “Finish mne”
Hivemind, Lurker (AKM-997) (watch) hisses, ‘South of dam.’
Hivemind, Lurker (AKM-997) (watch) hisses, ‘They’re pushing.’
Unknown (as Willard) starts loading Joachim Anderson onto their back.
Unknown (as Willard) loads Joachim Anderson onto their back.
Hivemind, Lurker (AKM-997) (watch) hisses, ‘Towards Queen I think.’
We spit acid spit at Unknown (as Willard)!
Unknown (as Willard) is hit by the acid spit in the right arm!
Unknown (as Willard) is restraining Joachim Anderson, you cannot push past.
With a flick of the wrist, Unknown (as Willard) extends his the telescopic baton.
Unknown (as Willard) refuses to eat Lesser Resin Fruit.x2
You cut the weeds away with Lesser Resin Fruit.x3
Ancient Spitter (MH-404-V0) has been beat with the telescopic baton by Unknown (as Willard)…
… You can almost hear someone talking …
We accumulate acid in your glands. Our next spit will be stronger but shorter-ranged.
Additionally, we are slightly faster and more armored for a small amount of time.
Our acid glands empty out and return back to normal. We will once more fire long-ranged weak spits.
Hivemind, Prime Lurker (XRO-154) (watch) hisses, ‘Help’
We spit acid spit at the asphalt!
Unknown (as Willard) flips the plasteel barricade closed.
We are hit by the autocannon bullet in the chest!
Ancient Spitter (MH-404-V0) roars!
The autocannon bullet narrowly misses you!
We swipe at the concrete!
You just did an emote. Wait awhile.
Ancient Spitter (MH-404-V0) lets out a waning guttural screech, green blood bubbling from its maw.
Ancient Spitter (MH-404-V0) has died to UA 571-C sentry gun at Telecomms Valley from Unknown (as Carl Johansson)

8 Likes

I play Willard so I wanna weigh in a bit on this.
Havoc’s description is pretty much on the mark. Xenos were scattered as well as marines, so I decided to move north towards the second comms tower. I used binos to make sure I wasn’t wandering into the whole hive. Upon seeing MHV0 I left him alone in case he wanted to talk or move on. Instead he decided to attack me. Upon grabbing the marine and beginning to move back to the FOB, it became quite clear to me that MHV0 was being suicidal, no matter how many times I hit him he just kept running at me, which led to him going into crit. I kept moving until I got to the FOB, at which point MHV0 just… runs into the turrets and dies for no reason while I am treating the dead marine.

You attacked first and I waited a lot longer than I honestly should have to start fighting back. You could have backed off from the fight at anytime to recover, but you instead just suicide rushed me over and over. A synthetic has the full right to defend themself or those who can not defend themselves. This qualifies as both since I was additionally carrying marine cargo with me, at least in my eyes.

1 Like

From the reporter description, it seems we need to clarify some things.

From the report statement, as a spitter engaged first. Opening the engagement against a synthetic who does not have support physically present means they can use as much force is necessary to neutralize the threat, ideally forcing a retreat. Per the report description, the synthetic in question instead decided to use less force than would be authorized, and continue evasion and minimal interaction until the threat escalated. Once the threat escalated, enough force was applied to render the threat neutralized in a location where it was allowed to heal, again exercising less than maximum force. Finally, after waking again the spitter engages once more, meaning not only would turning to engage but killing it in crit would have been authorized as it has become a persistent threat, but instead the synthetic in question continued evasion until the spitter was killed by sentry turrets.

To summarize, there appears to be a misunderstanding that underestimates the reaction force synthetics are able to employ in self defense when working outside of a front line or in close support of marines. Since no events are being reported which would violate rules in place, we’ll mark this down as a learning experience and move along. Please feel free to DM synthetic councillors if you have questions regarding rules clarifications.

5 Likes

Added report:denied and removed report:pendinglogs

Added report:synth