Round ID:

Your character name:

Mark Levine

Their BYOND key:

lynxsolstice

What are you reporting?:

Enforcement Action Taken

Description of the incident:

“Rule 4: Griefing. Heavy Warning. As an MT, player broke into the CIC armory, shot open the safe, and stole a tactical shotgun and an MP radio key. Do not do this again.”

I broke into CIC armory, stole two MP keys so when we were performing blackmarket activities, we could be alerted to any potential MP activity before they get to us. I also took an honor guard shotgun for use in self-defense as there is no other way to obtain a tactical shotgun save for the CIC safe. The griefing rule states:

“Griefing is the intent of one player wanting to cause grief or annoyance to other players or the server without a valid roleplay reason”.

I wasn’t annoying anyone by doing this, except maybe the person who had to fix the wall, but those are regular MT duties. The headsets are not necessary and only give MP slightly larger names in chat and the honor guard shotguns are to my knowledge, indistinguishable from your regular tactical shotgun, save the red handle. A heavy griefing warning for something so minor with effects that are almost nil is excessive. People have killed others or bombed the ship and only received a regular warning. I understand that intent can be disregarded if staff believes otherwise, but even if my intent was to grief, it’s such a minor thing that the round would remain unchanged save for MP having black-handled shotguns rather than red or smaller names in the chat.

I believe that my actions are more in line with LRP or metagaming, and even if construed as griefing, they are minor at most.

Evidence:

N/A

1 Like

Hi, was the CO.

This is peak insane behavior and metagaming/powergaming. You as an MT do not even know that safe is there. You are a Private. Like, If I had seen you myself doing this, I would have BEed you.

At the end of the day, you are taking something not meant for you that could heavily impact the round negatively. LRP too big does count as Griefing. The overlap there is obvious and this extended further than just LRP into Griefing IMO. You yourself also admit you did this with the intention of handicapping an enemy in advance without a proper Roleplay reason besides “MT le funni.”

Yeah, you’re definitely right in regards to the metagaming. I disagree with you on them majorly influencing the round though for reasons I’ve already mentioned.

Heya!

Looking over the situation it does indeed seem like a rulebreak. We really dont like folks breaking into the armories to get the loot in there.

For the note I think the note is fine since you had already received a note for griefing in the semi recent past, so I dont think note escalation was violated too much there.
I do however agree that its metagaming and not griefing.

So with all that in mind I’m going to accept this report.
However no action will be taken against @LynxSolstice as I dont think any staff protocols were violated.
I will amend the note to being a metagaming note, and since you dont really have any notes for that stuff I’ll reduce the severity to it just being noted instead of it being a heavy warning.

Added report:approved and removed report:pendinglogs