Mentor Application - Boyofender

Mentor Application - Boyofender

Byond CKEY:

Boyofender

Discord ID:

Boyofender | Sylvester/Kaori

Character Name(s):

Shanika “Mime” Tireman, Oliver Secovind, Sylvester Sterling, Sylvester Garbrect, Heinz A.W Pfeifer-Zeliska, and Kaori Chambers.

Why do you want to become a Mentor?:

I love seeing new players, and as I learned in a previous round, teaching them is really fun. I remember my first real round in CM being defined by Cassandra Ellis being an imaginary friend and helping me through everything. It was rather fun, even though I died, got revived, and then got capped.

What gameplay areas do you know and which areas are you strong and weak in?:

My strongest area I’d say would be comtech. I know how to fortify a FOB, and I know basic medical, surgery not off the top of my head, other than bonemending and IB. I’m pretty good at research, if you gave me a queen I’d probably be able to produce greenos. My weakest point is definitely xenomorph. I don’t even know how to swallow a cap.

How often are to able to play CM?:

I can always play after 4:50 PM, and

A screenshot or transcript of your human and xeno playtimes:

Rifleman 98 hr
Intellegence Officer 85 hr
researcher 67 hr
Fireteam Leader 62 hr
Combat Technican 41 hr
DCC 20 hr
CT 21 hr
CMO 16 hr
Survivor 16 hr
Staff Officer 12 hr
Millitary Police 10 hr
Xenomorphs total of 5 hr

Anything else you’d like to add?:

I’m prone to sudden bursts of CM gameplay, then equally long CM burnout. The game is very on-and-off for me. I’m very willing to change that for my mentoring, though!

Hi, I’m here to hit you with a million questions. Good luck on the application :slight_smile:

Mentor Help Theoreticals:

• How do I open the tacmap(xeno and human)
  • How do I place a resin marker?
  • How do I enable aim assist for xenos?
  • How do I nest a marine?
  • Does the HPR have IFF?
  • How do I remove a weapon attachment?

In Person Theoreticals:

• A new player has just woken up, you walk up to them in their prep room and say hello. They don’t respond, and walk around wordlessly, what do you do?

• A new Nurse is around, and they don’t know anything about medical, what’s the first thing you teach them?

• You’re playing as a SEA and someone asks you to hack open a door, what do you do?

Mentorhelps:

1. There’s an Open Tactical Map text in the status bar, below the round time and such. Click on that.
  2. Click on the compass that points to a mark you’ve been assigned to. It’s above the Nightvision toggle.
  3. Click “Toggle Directional Attacks” In the “Alien” menu.
  4. Drag them onto the walls of the hive, if I’m not mistaken.
  5. No, the HPR doesn’t have IFF. Generally, if the weapon can fit a smartscope, or has ‘smart’ in it’s name, then it’ll have IFF.
  6. In the “Weapons” menu, find “Field Strip Weapon.” Click on that, and then click on the attatchment you want off.
    In person:
  7. Use LOOC to inform them on how to chat.
  8. Teach them about their workspace, what chems do what, and overdose thresholds.
  9. It depends on the situation. If it’s an evac/red alert and there’s reason to believe that this is important, i’d hack open the door. If it’s at the FOB and I was currently teaching someone, then I’d ask them to find a combat technician to do so. If it’s on the almayer and there’s no reason for me to do so, I wouldn’t do so.

It would be prudent as a Mentor to try and work a bit on these playtimes. A lot of mentor applicants I see are very low on Xenomorph playtimes and Xeno questions will come in. I would suggest playing a little more on this even if you don’t enjoy Xenomorph, you may also be pleasantly surpirsed.

1 Like

Gotcha. I’ll work on those playtimes.

Since @smellyhippie ignored it, i’ll respond to it for now:

That’s not the question at hand, he asked for how to PLACE the markers not follow them, it can only be placed by xeno leaders or queen by selecting the flag ability icon, selecting an appropriate marker, then using the ability with middle click on xeno weeds.

You need to grab them before you click and drag.

All in all not bad but ill stay neutral on this, make sure your answers are thorough so it causes no further confusion, and i’d recommend sending an updated hours list pretty soon.

1 Like

Yeah, sorry for how long this has taken, given that it has I’ll waive the wait requirement if you want to re-apply again. That being said denied, your times are definitely on the lower end, medical is a big one, xenomorph especially. I feel like I say it a lot when it comes to applications with bad xeno time but back in the day just knowing most of your marine stuff was good enough but it’s kind of a short sighted idea when xenomorph is our other half of the game and playerbase that we need to be able to teach people to play so we can actually cultivate players since one side doesn’t mean much without the other.

Added mentor:denied and removed mentor:waiting