Mentor Application - DOC strings

Byond CKEY:
DOC strings

Discord ID:
DOC reuben#1066

Character Name(s):
Reube Surge

Why do you want to become a Mentor?:
i always looked up to mentors in fact when i first started to play CM and i had a problem there was always a mentor for me and i wondered what it would be like if i was a mentor and thanks to “cyber spire” he told me i should try for mentor and i have deemed myself worthy to put in a application

What gameplay areas do you know and which areas are you strong and weak in?:
I know just about all aspects of dropship crew (I main DCC) and I know a medical system I may not be the most efficient, but I do know how it works but I’m bad at commanding people useless it is common sense and I DO NOT know how to do surgery and nor do I know how to do fire missions and i don’t know chems even if my life depended on it

How often are to able to play CM?:
quite often

A screenshot or transcript of your human and xeno playtimes:

Anything else you’d like to add?:
no not really thanks for asking though.

As a mentor you are expected to have some general knowledge.

I would include chemistry, surgery, command, requisitions, and engineering amongst them at minimum.

Spread out your playtime.

-1 for now

1 Like

As Felix said, mentors are expected to know general knowledge as they are to help the new players with their role and whatnot should they not know.

This would including Surgery, Command, Requisitions, Chemistry and engineering.

It is essential you are held to these bare minimum expectations, it would be a additional plus if you know macros or some other information that not many players know.

In any case, you need time with PO, Doctor, (maybe) CMO, SO/XO, and CT/RO.

Fiddle and even ask current mentors about how to do certain things. In fact simply reading the wiki will help greatly, I gained 90% of my current knowledge of medical and Engineering from it.

All in all, This is a -1 for me. Spread out your hours from DCC and squad combat tech to other areas. For a solid bases for total time spent I suggest at least 20 hours for each role I listed above for me to have confidence in your ability for in-game and out-of-game knowledge.

May you have some better luck with a future application.

Application is withdrawn.