Mentor Application - HIDgamer

Byond CKEY:

HIDgamer

Discord ID:

hidgamer

Character Name(s):

Emily James, Sam, ME-XX-H

Why do you want to become a Mentor?:

I have always found great joy in assisting new players ingame and in the discord.
I wanted to be a mentor for a long time now but sadly, I didn’t have the time to dedicate to it.
But now I do, and I’m ready to do my best to make CM a bit more enjoyable for new players!

What gameplay areas do you know and which areas are you strong and weak in?:

I’m highly experienced in the 3 main support roles: medical, engineering, and requisition I have spent so many hours enhancing my skills in each of those departments and I will never be cought lacking when it comes to support.
I have played research quite a lot on my private server and made all sorts of crazy meds and stims, so I’m pretty well versed in research as well.
OT is where I’m a bit new. I have had the pleasure of getting mentored multiple times in the OT workshop by multiple mentors and OT’s alike. I’m not the best, but I can guide a new player on how to assemble a grenade, a rocket, or a mortar shell. Chemistry-wise, I will have to resort to the wiki as I haven’t memorized it yet, sadly like the medical chems.
I’m pretty experienced when it comes to operating the brig and CIC, so I wouldn’t struggle at all to teach new players how to make a new ID, operate OW, load OB, sentence a prisoner, or set squads.
I have played each marine role at least once, and I’m pretty well versed in that area. I can teach newcomers how to spot, operate weapons, and so on.
I have played many hours as xeno, although I mostly cling to support roles, I have come out of my comfort zone and tested T3’s like crusher, rav, boiler, and prea multiple times, I know my way around all xeno casts. While my hours are low on xeno, I know mostly everything about xenos, with prea being my weak area.

How often are to able to play CM?:

I’m mostly free, so I’m able to at least play one round a day.

A screenshot or transcript of your human and xeno playtimes:

Imgur: The magic of the Internet,

Anything else you’d like to add?:

N/A

5 Likes

Giving anyone on synth mentor is basically free real-estate.

Oh and it’s Sam. +1

1 Like

+1

Absolutely good on ML, and server rules. No doubt they will preform above expectations in regards to the standards of a mentor.

1 Like

Never had a bad interaction with Sam, nor have I ever seen her be unhelpfull

+1

1 Like

+1 nuff said

1 Like

Its about fucking time you joined the tide!
Never had a bad interaction with you in or out of game. They know their stuff, a very helpful and chill member off the community. They are also a well known great synth player too! It would be great to have them join the mentor team! +1 from me all the way!

1 Like

Anytime I’ve interacted with Sam they’ve had good roleplay and knew what they were doing mechanics wise. They are trusted with the Synth whitelist and obviously have a good understanding of the server. I see no reason not to +1

2 Likes

Solid person. Full faith and confidence. Do the corps proud or Copper will be unhappy.

2 Likes

Shrimply +1 nothing to say. They know their stuff no doubt, and will be a great mentor.
See you as mentor when your app gets accepted Sam!

2 Likes

You aren’t a mentor already? Odd. Let’s fix that.

+1 You’re a pleasure to have in the community, you’re patient with some of the more rowdy marines, and you clearly know your way around nearly all relevant game mechanics for marines and xenos alike. If anyone deserves to be a mentor, it’s you.

2 Likes

you’ve literally already helped me figure out some of the controls in looc awhile back and now i see you applying for this, +1 sam

2 Likes

Everything here is pretty alright, my most major concern is with your player behavior and I kind of sat on this to keep an eye on you. Personally I’m not very comfortable with a lot of your behavior, just going through the kind of stuff you talk about on Discord which leans towards NSFW, the sexualization of your character to the point you even are advertising a game with ‘jiggle physics’ of them, and I remember for a time it was ever worse.

I’m an adult I don’t particularly find any of it offensive but our server is one that has consistently said we are not catering to adults but ‘all audiences’ so having a mentor who displays the behavior is a concern to me. If Discord Staff don’t mind sexual-ish posts with people showing off their midriffs and with panty strings for example w/e but I will police my area.

Therefore, I’m willing to accept this as long as you chill out a bit because if someone ever comes to me and thinks a mentor is being inappropriately suggestive/sexual and it’s of merit I don’t want them on my team representing the server like that to new players.

2 Likes

Hello!
First of all I would like to thank you for your time.
And I completely understand your concerns.
The overly sexualized and NSFW settings is legit a joke on my end; I do not actually want to, nor will I ever make anyone uncomfortable with my character preferences.
What I do on the discord stays on the discord and never follows me into the game or into any of the important channels, like the gameplay_help channel.
As a SEA and as a mentor, I promise to be a professional.
My only hope is to actually help newcomers learn, which I have done many times as a synth.
And I promise you, on my honor, that I will not let you down.
I didn’t apply for mentor just for the sake of it.
I truly do want to help.

1 Like

Approved, but like I said I’d very much like to see it dialed back on Discord too. It’s a very big part of our communities interactions with one another including new players.

2 Likes