Mikrel0712

Discord ID:

kacper4880

Character Name(s):

Filbert Gilbert
Dane Conaghan
N-XXX-AH

Why do you want to become a Mentor?:

Ever since I started playing CM in 2020, most of my knowledge, aside from the wiki, was simply from mhelps. Every time I didn’t know something, I could just ask the mentors online and in a couple of seconds I would get a small paragraph thoroughly explaining how to do it. Now a couple of years later, I came back to CM and I have been enjoying it a lot. I believe I have gained a good amount of knowledge in other roles, and I would like to be able to help out others like I was helped out when I first started. Hell, I’ve already found myself teaching the odd nurse how to do medical, or explaining to an MP why CLF members would be charged under sedition and not treated as PoWs, so it would be pretty nice if I could get access to tools that would make it easier.

What gameplay areas do you know and which areas are you strong and weak in?:

Strongest:

-JTAC/CAS
My favorite thing to do in CM. I am proficient in JTAC, being able to call in close air support, mortar and OBs, be it with the laser designator or flares. I am knowledgeable on roofing levels and what stops what ordinance, and the fact that CAS flares can be used under thin roofing. I also know how to play the CAS Pilot, I can explain to someone how to create fire missions and general differences between the available CAS weaponry. I also have used mortar myself, and I know how to guide someone on how to use it. I created a whole guide for JTAC and the FTL role, which you can read here.

(Calling in the Big Guns - JTAC/FTL Guide)

-Military Police
Confident in it. I haven’t memorized the entire SOP and ML, but I know a fair bit of it. I know the common things that the average MP would do, such as proper arrest and brig procedure, and things that an average MP shouldn’t do, such as not respecting a marine’s right to appeal or using long arms and riot equipment on marines while on code green.

-Command
I have a good knowledge of the CIC. I know how to overwatch, and how to utilize the overwatch console, including how to deploy crates, and fire OBs or set aSLs. I also know groundside leadership roles, having played FTL and SL for a good chunk of my total marine playtime. I already stated my knowledge of JTAC, but I also have fairly good map knowledge and just a general idea of what a squad leader should be doing.

-Medical
I don’t have a lot of hours as a Doctor, but I believe I know how to do everything that is required of one. I would be able to guide someone through any surgery step by step from memory. I am more proficient as a Hospital Corpsman. I know what each medicine does, including the custom ones such as ImiAlky, MeraBica and others. I know signs of organ damage without needing to utilize a body scanner, or how to do IB surgery, be it with surgical tools or just the knife and surgical line. I am also able to quickly guide someone on how to revive a marine with a lot of damage.

Average:

-Requisitions
Didn’t do it much, but I still think I know all the essentials. I know how to man the req line. I know what to look for in vendors given different names of the actual item requested, like the IMP Ammo Rack for “Ammo Backpack” or the DV9 Battery for “Smartgun Battery”. I know how to organize drops, including communicating with squads and CIC on what to drop.

-Engineering
I know good FOB and cade placement practices and how to repair APCs (I’ve suprisingly seen a lot of comtechs forget to mend wires on broken APCs). I can explain the differences between the sentry types, and the other deployables (The tesla coil and the flag).

-Xeno
While I haven’t played Queen and didn’t touch the Drone evolutions much, I did play a good amount of the other Xeno castes, especially the Runner evolution path. I can walk someone through capturing a marine, from getting them down and devouring them to nesting them at the hive. I can explain the abilities of most of the castes and their respective strains.

Weak:

-OT
I only know the basics, I can create basic M15s, ANFO, Cyclonite or the odd mortar shell, but that’s about it.

-Research
I know how to get chemicals with botany, from xenomorphs or just synthesis, how to get points by analyzing them with the scanner, and how to make a stim. This is where my knowledge ends though.

How often are to able to play CM?:

I usually play around 2-3 rounds a day, so probably around 20 hours a week.

A screenshot or transcript of your human and xeno playtimes:

Anything else you’d like to add?:

While my hours might be on the lower end, I played CM for a good bit back in 2020 and 2021. Hours from back then were wiped to my understanding (most of them were on Rifleman, RTO and Medic.), and I only came back to CM around October this year. I will also give an update on my playtimes as the application sits.

4 Likes

Having seen kacper’s behavior in-game and interactions with myself and other players, I believe they’re quite knowledgeable in the game’s mechanics. I’d like to add that they seem quite level-headed and good with decision making.

Therefore, I’m gonna go out on a limb here and give this a

+1

1 Like

Updated playtimes.

1 Like

Yo, I’ve seen you ingame a few times, not too many though and the times I see you you’re not LRP and seem to generally get along with people.

Hours are maybe just a tad bit short for my liking, but ill give you a +1 anyways since at the end of the day these are just numbers

2 Likes

Been hoping for some more feedback, even asked my supposedly active mentors to give some but hey what can you do. Times are a little bit on the low side but I think you’ll do well, but hey if you don’t that’s why we can remove people. Accepted.

1 Like

Added mentor:approved and removed mentor:waiting