Mentor Application - PurpleCIoud

Byond CKEY:

PurpleCIoud

Discord ID:

ewari.

Character Name(s):

Edward ‘Static’ Diaz

Why do you want to become a Mentor?:

I am a veteran in thee game and know every role inside out, and already have taught players both new and old things they did not know,
I know marine side stuff down to the numbers and steps and xenos to abilities and basics

What gameplay areas do you know and which areas are you strong and weak in?:

Very strong marine with heavy engineering and whole role knowledge including research command and medical, and I am able to tell a fresh baldie how to set up to kill xenos

How often are to able to play CM?:

very often, one round a day most days

A screenshot or transcript of your human and xeno playtimes:

This does not include the 1k hours before timelocks,

Anything else you’d like to add?:

I have a few notes, but they are a bit old

1 Like

Solid hours and variety across roles, actually has more than 0 xeno hours, looks good to me!
I can remember seeing you around, and can’t recall any significant negative interactions- Plus, you seem pretty competent at what you do, so I reckon you’ll be a great mentor.
+1

1 Like

I’ve seen Edward around a couple times and none of those experiences have been negative.

In my opinion you could work on getting a few more doc hours as a lot of people struggle with surgery and stuff.

A definite +1 in my books. can’t wait to see you as an SEA!

1 Like

Always happy when I see Edward in my squad, super knowledgable and competant CT and all around great game sense :slight_smile:

1 Like

Edward is a good old player with lots of knowledge, no doub’t they will do well in the mentor team.
Specially good CT and a good Marine to play with always, that will take his time to help any baldie that needs it. I fully trust he is capable at teaching most roles without issue +1 :saluting_face:

1 Like

Wish he’d FOB more

+1

2 Likes

+1. Solid player.

Good player who I trust on both the knowledge front and the ability to train newbies. +1 from me.

1 Like

Hi there, could you tell me how you would (as SEA) a SG how to reload their smartgun? Also please tell us how you would teach a new PVT how to do first aid and other medical related aid out on the field.
Looking forward to hearing from you!

1 Like

SG: hold Smartgun in one hand,
(IC): open the drum holder
(LOOC):Alt-click
(IC): Take the old drum out with your other hand and slot a new drum in and the same way you opened the drum holder close it and you are set.

PVT first aid:
(IC): right private going to teach you basic first aid, if you have picked up the first aid kit with injectors and a first aid kit with gauze and ointments you can treat yourself in the feild to make you live a bit longer on the field.

You can examine yourself quickly with your empty hand

(LOOC): on your bar on the bottom right there is a panel of 4 pictures with one of them coloured red green blue or orange, make sure you have it on green,

(IC): now you can assess yourself, if you are bleeding you can apply gauze on the limb

(LOOC): select the limb by clicking on the limb on thehuman picture next to the intents.

(IC): Now if you have burns you can treat it with the same way you treated bleeding but using ointment instead, and the same for a Splint for a broken bone.

However for a broken bone you should see aa medic as applying it yourself will be slow and tedius.

Now if you look at your injectors you will see Bicardine, inject it once when you are very beat up and do not inject it again in a span of atleast 5 minuites

Use Kelotane if you get a lot of burns and just like Bicardine do not re-inject in aa short time span

Use Tramadol if you are in pain, you can tell since you will move slowly.
and use the emergency injector if you are very beat up and need to run away really fast.

1 Like

I really liked the explanation here. Easy to understand. I also had good good experiences with the player and it’s competent in his job. +1 from me

1 Like

Alright also add some pictures for them to understand. My first playing the game , i didnt even know what a ‘special action’ was

1 Like

Interacted and seen Edward ‘Static’ Diaz plenty of times when they were a Squad Leader or Squad Engineer. They understand how to roleplay perfectly fine and have demonstrated server mechanical knowledge. I’ll drop some potential mentor help questions because why not.

• Hey ima solo CT in requisitions and im running out of crates, where can I get some extra crates? Can I use the wooden ones to drop supplies?

• This is my first round as a MP and I have no idea why my taser is not firing can you help me please?

• Hi I am a new xeno player trying drone out and I have no clue how to build walls or doors help please

• command keeps saying there is a xeno aboard the ship and that they’re hiding in the upper aft starboard side of the ship, wtf are they talking about

• yo i saw some guy running around with a shotgun and they were firing fast, I have to pump my shotgun after every shot where do I get their cool auto shotgun?

• Hello I’ve seen people ask for a orbital bombardment over the radio using some numbers? How do I do that?

1 Like

1: You can find more crates from the ARES Elevator when it comes up with items you have ordered, to do so you can walk up to an ARES console locates in the top right of the requisitions or right to the req line desks, you can then order something from there, accept the order and raise the lift.
Alternitevly you can craft wooden crates from a buch of wood by pressing Z while holding it with your selected hand. The wooden crate will work for supply drops.

2: Make sure the taser is the Disabler and not the flash, when holding the disabler check to see if the gun has safty on by alt-clicking it.

3: On your ability bar there is an ability with tools, selct that and to its right there is a construction menu to select what building you want to build. Make sure the place where you are building has weeds, either Middle-Click or Shift-Click depending on what you have your ability use set to on the tile you wish to build with.

4: The command is refering to a xeno on a ships location, Upper is on the second layer of the ship, above the hangar, aft means its at the back of the ship, and starboard means its to the right of the ship, the ships direction its facing is left.

5: The shotgun he is using is likely either a Mou or a tac-shottie, the tac-shottie is only available to officers in CIC and is not allowed to be taken to the groundside as a marine, on the other hand there is the mou that can be requested from requisitions and it fires 3 shots in rapid sucsession before needing to reload.

6: the numbers for an OB caan be found by using a Laser designator or a rangefinder and Shift-Click or middle clicking on the tile you wish to designate for an OB and mortar, a screen will pop up and give you the Lattitude and longtitude thoes coordinates can then be relaayed to people in command by either telling these coords on your comms or better if you ask your SL if you are not one via the command channel, it is common to tell them what the coordinates are aimed at.

1 Like
  1. This is actually incorrect. You cannot use crafted wooden crates (or coffins) for supply drops or even fultons.

I would recommend talking about plastic sheets which can be turned into a plastic crate that can be used for supply drops without issue. There are 10 sheets of plastic that always spawn in the Requisitions Auxiliary Storage Room which is the amount you need to make a single crate, as well as a free green/ammunition crate that many people don’t know about/forget. Might also want to mention you can get plastic sheets from discarded restricted weapon cases by dissembling them in your hand.

Maybe play a few rounds in requisitions to brush up on things is something I would suggest. That being said I still think you’ll do fine as a mentor based on the majority of questions asked of you. Best of luck +1.

2 Likes

15 sheets which are 3 crates, but there’re always spare crates in maintenance across the ship if req has spare time. Also I’m too lazy to check code and all but ASRS will auth some random crates in the span of 3-4 mins. And most of the crates in Req storage room are wooden therefore useless for drop.
Anyhow somewhat up to date req knowledge.

1 Like

Answered my question well, and other ones too. Just might need to brush up a bit here on the req stuff with the crates but thats about it. Looks good to me, and you got good vouches too. Best of luck, hope to see you on the mentor team! +1 from me!

1 Like