Mentor Application - Tallfission

Byond CKEY:
Tallfission

Discord ID:
Kirie!#5020

Character Name(s):
Keaton Howard, (Formerly) Aiden Bashline

Why do you want to become a Mentor?:
Two main reasons! One, I do enjoy helping people. Navigating newbies through the hell that is SS13 and it’s various quirks is something I do often, even without mentor, and something I find very fun and satisfying. Makes a great way to make new friends, as well. It’d also look amazing on my synthetic application if I ever finish my story.

What gameplay areas do you know and which areas are you strong and weak in?:
OT and Research are my weakest areas by far, and xeno i’m a little less familiar on - though I do play queen sometimes. Everything else, I have a decently solid grasp on, from CAS to medical, Engineering to command.

How often are to able to play CM?:
A lot! I have a lot of free time through the week, though recently I’ve really been getting into project zomboid, and like to play it often, so I might play noticably less.

A screenshot or transcript of your human and xeno playtimes:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1087826037649444904/1087826247737937960/FUCKU.png,

Anything else you’d like to add?:
TAKE. FUCKING. THREE. Ask your favorite questions below, I wait with bated breath.

2 Likes

A player mhelps that their gun is not working, how do you respond?

A player mhelps asking what the chems do, how do you respond?

A player mhelps that they want to mutiny, how do you respond?

A player mhelps that someone is griefing, how do you respond?

2 Likes

Depends on the top of gun, really. If it’s a smartgun, then you need to open the cover, remove the magazine and do a unique-action to cock it and fix it. With any other gun, firstly, make sure that the gun is loaded. If you shift-click it, it’ll tell you if it’s loaded, along with the safety. If the safety is on, you need to alt-click the gun’s sprite to turn it off. If it’s unloaded - then you simply need to put a magazine in. If it’s a /shotgun/ or any other gun that requires it to be cocked after each time it’s fired, you need to do a unique-action to cock the weapon.

Most of the chems are color coded and pretty self explanator. In no particular order:
Bicardine, Kelotane, and Tramadol are the basic chems. They heal Brute and Burn damage, and provide a painkilling effect respectively. Dylovene is used to purge toxins from somebody’s system, while Peridaxon is used to combat the effects of organ damage. Quick clot helps to slow bloodloss down and negate the effects of internal bleeding entirely for a short period of time. Oxycodone is an /extreme/ painkiller used to pretty much shrug off most injuries, with a low OD threshhold. Epinephrine is used to assist in reviving a patient which almost 100% prevents any heart damage from occurring upon revival. Dexalin is used to treat oxyloss and assist in revival or stabilization of patients in crit. Dexalin plus removes all oxyloss entirely in one tick, then stops working. Inaprovaline also prevents oxyloss from occuring, along with stabilizing the patient and preventing them from getting closer to death. These are all the chems I can think off from the top of my head.

As for 3, that’s something that I cannot personally help with. That’s something you ahelp for.
4, is also something I cannot help with, something they need to ahelp for.

2 Likes

Second time is the charm. Keaton is a great dude. Easy +1. Always willing to help people. Even taught me a few things along the way. Would be a great addition to the Mentor Team.

1 Like

Good answers! I would say for one that if they confirm they have the shotgun your can tell them what the hotkey is now that we have the new hotkey system (or just how to check their hotkeys if you have custom ones and don’t know the default) Good job with the “trick questions”

+1 on this app I’d say

Also just looked at the last app you made and the questions there

would give you a +2 if I could man. Having to do two apps when the first one was good by rights is pretty lame.

2 Likes

+1 from me. You have from what I have seen ceased doing dumb things that would end in notes, or PRs. you also nailed Anclandor’s questions, and have good spread of hours overall. I would say play a bit more of OT and MP if you can as seen by your hours post they would be like the only ones I would like you to play more of but other then that all looks good so far.

2 Likes

Updated my Discord ID.
Kirie!#5020
Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Had some great RP interaction with Keaton and I have seen him consistently in alot of different roles. Reliable marine side player in pretty much any role I have ever seen him in. So this is an easy +1 for me.

1 Like

You are a fantastic player and I have personally witnessed you save squads and teach several new Pvts. I think your character can sometimes(and only sometimes) be a little abrasive to the new guys ICly but I have full confidence that you will be a good mentor. Especially in OOC. +1 +1 +1

1 Like

I have had no negative interactions with you. You are more then capable of roleplaying and you generally keep a good attitude, or atleast from what I have been able to see. As I said in the other application, easy +1 Your hours are also more then enough to prove your knowledge on the game.

1 Like

Not going to say much. Good player and knows their stuff. This is just a plain yes from me +1

1 Like

Thought I already gave a +1.

+1.

1 Like

Fantastic player, i’ve seen them do insane CAS runs before and they can definitely RP in game +1.

1 Like

I’ve had this fine marine as SO in my CIC often as XO and they never seem to disappoint, RP or mechanically. Big fat +1 from me

1 Like

Application accepted.