Byond CKEY:
Usnpeepoo

Discord ID:
usnpeepoo#0001

Character Name(s):
Mark Rain
DKD

Why do you want to become a Mentor?:
There’s a lot of people who don’t know stuff about CM mechanics, and just generally what to do. I’ve found myself LOOCing over my time on CM, helping out people who don’t know what something does, or what’s this ability, etc and I’ve decided the best way to help teach and support new players would be to apply for mentor.

What gameplay areas do you know and which areas are you strong and weak in?:
For me, I’m strong in xeno mechanics, building, etc. as well as marine combat/pfc/spec,sg/and basic engineering/what engis can do. I’ll admit I’m weak in medical/ot/marine law due to not playing those roles.

How often are to able to play CM?:
Daily.

A screenshot or transcript of your human and xeno playtimes:
playtime - Album on Imgur,

Anything else you’d like to add?:
No.

4 Likes

Your recent behavior has been very questionable, you very publicly left and were playing on an alternate ckey after. While doing so you played a number of “look alike” names to multiple community members examples being:
John Murry, Alyis Bolova, Aliston A.W. Claymhore, Beauford Crews, Danny Hoggs, John Nathan Hoggs, John Bishop, J.D. John A.W. Claymore

Why did you do this? I’m going to be honest I very much just wanted to deny your app because of the weird taste this left in my mouth but I’m willing to hear what the community has to say as well before I make a final determination.

Otherwise, I’ve never seen your roleplay and you do have notes for LRP you understand if you play SEA you’ll be held to a higher roleplay standard and failure to follow it could lead to a jobban or even removal from mentor?

1 Like

For the reasons mister potato here explained, I’m inclined to -1 this. -1

1 Like

Hey, so i’ll be completely honest. I was using those character names, simply because I had the PVT rank with the alternate ckey. I didn’t use them maliciously, nor act in bad faith. Regarding the alternate ckey, I did not gain any notes and I’ve since left that ckey alone. Now I understand that this doesn’t excuse the usage of look-alike names, and I formally apologize for doing so, not just for the sake of this mentor application. I can understand wanting to deny my application for that explicit reason, but I very clearly won’t be doing shit like that, and my actions hence-forth will be nothing like that. Regarding my LRP notes, said last note was due to a queen round on 9-18-22, which I believe is more than enough time for me to have understood my mistake and my note history since reflected that as well as having not gained a note regarding to marine LRP icly (based on your comment about the SEA role.) Regarding me roleplaying, I admit I’ve been lacking in roleplay lately as I have mainly been trying to enjoy playing the marine role and quite simply playing the role. However, I’m still capable of RP and if held to a higher standard, can demonstrate it as well. Finally, to answer your question, I completely understand the standard that SEA is held to, and If given mentor and the chance to play said role I’d uphold them.

4 Likes

I am in the same boat as Robotic is mostly. While I feel want to give you a chance to show us you can keep doing better and show you have improved thus far, I have to bring up a few things. First you have little to no hours in medical, OT and in MP as far as I can see. This is a issue due to a large amount of things we end up doing involve of of these said fields, one needs more to be able to read and understand a wiki for this. This leads into my second point, playing SEA, based on your provided hours medical and MP hours are not meet as far as I can see. Not to say you will do the following but are the sort of person who and this is something I hear a few times in CM discord " AFK as a MP like in a locker to get your MP hours?" If so thats not learning ML in the slightest. A good SEA will keep the following points in mind, take new players through the basics, be a figurehead for the enlisted ranks, follow both Marine Law and Standard Operating Procedure by the book, advise command and other departments alike, try to ensure every department is running smoothy. When anyone plays SEA they need to know how to RP, know each dept in and out on the ship, ML, SOP, and not be breaking server rules. Which brings me to my last point, you have multi-keyed. To the thing Robotic has brought up about the names and all, yeah thats also bit looks and feels weird, like why would anyone, you in this case do that? New players will look up to you, if they see one of us mentor in discord or in game as SEA doing something dumb and do the same thing thats our fault for showing them that shit, etc.

For now I am leaving a -1, BUT like all my votes and this should go without saying, I am more then willing to change that. That being said show me, convince me you will be a assist to the mentor team, that you have turned a new leaf and will cut shit like the LRP notes, etc.
Best of luck!

1 Like

Going to +1 this. I think applying for mentor is always a great idea. It is a guiding philosophy of mine in improving your standing in the community. Not to say your have a bad reputation Mark. It can only get better. Man is knowledgeable.

DKD, or known by his ckey usnpeepoo, is a very knowledgable person and he would be a great fit in the mentors. He ain’t a bad guy, he’s actually very nice and friendly. For this reason, I give my support, good luck. +1

3 Likes

Hey so regarding your concerns about MP/ML/medical, I’ve mentioned in my app that I don’t really play those roles which is why I’m not knowledgeable in them. That isn’t to say that I’m not capable of learning those roles mechanics/jobs and if needed could take the time to get them down to a level where I can answer basic questions/unknowns by players who also don’t play those roles. However I will say said roles are not particularly enjoyable for me to play, and I understand that every player is different in what they play and enjoy more, (for me, xeno is much more fun in comparison) but I don’t believe that I’m the type of person to AFK on a role for said hours instead of legitimately learning important mechanics. Also, I just want to make it clear that I’m rather not LRP and that my actions don’t reflect that in any manner, and so far I’ve been upholding this in characters I play on either side. Thanks for the response.

2 Likes

When you were my tmod I am not entirely sure why/when you left staff but you seemed to do good assisting people in ahelps. But anyways yes you are knowledgeable xeno player for sure. Good to see you back actively on CM +1. I cannot say for sure anything about you being LRP recently as I haven’t seen anything first hand, however I can say that you have 100% improved since your moderator application a few months ago.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response, you were an awesome trainer. Regarding the LRP notes again I had brought them up on my moderator application as well and so far have upheld myself not being LRP, and continue to look forward to doing so. As a SEA I understand it would also mean being able to convey that I can RP, and it has no room for being LRP. If given the chance to play SEA I’d be able to stay on track and provide a teaching experience for newer players.

1 Like

+1

Dude actually cares about the community and game.

2 Likes

There was a concern brought up to me privately, I’ll allow the person to identify themselves if they choose, but otherwise: You were accepted as a Moderator, yet you’re not longer one. Why is that and how would you characterize your time as a Moderator?

Hey
So the reason I left moderator was pretty simple, they introduced a rule change that I disagreed with and since my values couldn’t line up with it, I decided to leave. I believe I made this reason pretty public when I left too. I wasn’t removed due to any infractions or because I fucked up, but on my own accord. To characterize my time as a trial moderator, although I wasn’t given many chances to work ahelps I did the best I could. The trainers taught me a lot, and I don’t have any issues with the staff team when I had left. However I don’t believe the reasoning for leaving the staff team would tie-in to me being a mentor, as those are 2 completely different responsibilities and my values for mentor and moderator, although similar, are different. I want to be able to help and teach new players, and provide guidance for them when it isn’t there for them. As a moderator, I had these same values and stuck to them but I don’t see myself enforcing a certain rule which contradicts who I am, so I had left.

to clarify: the rule change was being able to say “nigga” icly as a marine. I’m African American and characters I play (who use the word ICly) are as well, and I know a lot of other players who are too. The rule change was a slap in the face and I couldn’t see myself enforcing it, so I had left moderator.

1 Like

Ok so after talking to some people, and reading what you have wrote and being up front with like why you left staff, and some other things I feel good to change my weak -1 to a good solid +1 now. I look forward to seeing to accepted and working with you soon as a fellow mentor. Best of luck!

1 Like

So, I’m not going to lie your previous behavior is still a bit odd and off-putting to me but I haven’t seen any repeats, aside from an unrelated recent note. I believe your experience is good, I especially appreciate we need more mentors experienced with xeno as well despite it being the less mechanically dense side a lot of people don’t have a good grasp of it. Accepted.

1 Like