Filbert Gilbert

Accused BYOND key:

MsLoveShacker

Accused character name:

Lenina ‘Salt’ Hange

What rule(s) were broken?:

Unlawful Battlefield Execution

Description of the incident:

Following a round on LV-522 as a DP pilot without much action, the Major by the end of the operation says on the radio that “There is blood all over my hallways and my medbay.” As a joke, I decided to say “Good, blood for the blood god”. Following this, around a minute later, without warning, the Major runs to Normandy, shoots me twice, and executes me promptly, declaring it to be for “Insanity”.

I didn’t really get too mad about it, but it really felt out of place and completely unnecessary.

Evidence:

12 Likes

Added report:co

One of my Pilot Officers declaring that blood being everywhere is “good” because it’s “Blood for the Blood God” is out of place and unnecessary.

Don’t be LRP on my ship.

1 Like

I think one joke sentence referencing Warhammer after a normal and regular round from me being LRP and enough for a battle execution is a reach, but that’s just my view.

26 Likes

Just so Council gets this right: Major Hange was in Medbay when you made your comment, so ran from Medical to the Hangar (Normandy), correct?

I guess? I was making the comment while in Normandy, and they appeared outside some time after that, so you would have to ask them.

1 Like

I was in the hallway outside medbay when I made mine, but he said that as I was in the Dining room.

OP was over essentially, and Dwight Morrison was XO. I went to Dining room to get some food and RP with returning marines. Balakhara was there. I told them I had something to deal with, walked to Hangar to watch Normandy lands. Doors opened up, he’s there, the above interaction occurs. And then went back to eat.

I’ve done similar things before when OP was Over/Threat, or something, was shipside and the XO was comptetent. My logic being if there’s a shipside threat like a loose Capital Criminal or a Vent Terror, I should deal with it if I can trust the XO to handle CIC.

You’ve been warned before not to respond to reports you were not involved in. It is a violation of server rules.

This is not a peanut gallery.

Relevant logs posted. If you believe I have missed any information or have misconstrued something important for your case, please contact me on Discord.

Involved Parties
Lenina ‘Salt’ Hange | Accused Player | MsLoveShacker | Commanding Officer
Filbert Gilbert | Reporting Player | Mikrel0712 | Pilot Officer

CO states there is blood all over his ship via radio, the PO responds.
Dec 4, 2023 @ 02:57:41.756 19793 SAY SAY: Lenina ‘Salt’ Hange [Almayer]: There is blood all over my hallways and my medbay. (CKEY: MsLoveShacker) (JOB: Commanding Officer)
Dec 4, 2023 @ 02:57:50.992 19793 SAY SAY: Filbert Gilbert [Almayer]: Good (CKEY: Mikrel0712) (JOB: Pilot Officer)
Dec 4, 2023 @ 02:57:54.108 19793 SAY SAY: Filbert Gilbert [Almayer]: Blood for the blood god (CKEY: Mikrel0712) (JOB: Pilot Officer)
Dec 4, 2023 @ 02:57:57.505 19793 SAY SAY: Lenina ‘Salt’ Hange [Almayer]: No- (CKEY: MsLoveShacker) (JOB: Commanding Officer)
The CO then moves to the Normandy and battlefield executes the PO
Dec 4, 2023 @ 02:58:35.376 19793 ATTACK ATTACK: MsLoveShacker/(Lenina ‘Salt’ Hange) shot Mikrel0712/(Filbert Gilbert) with .454 heavy high-impact revolver bullet in the �Hangar
Dec 4, 2023 @ 02:58:36.263 19793 SAY SAY: Filbert Gilbert [1]: Oh shit (CKEY: Mikrel0712) (JOB: Pilot Officer)
Dec 4, 2023 @ 02:58:37.630 19793 ATTACK ATTACK: MsLoveShacker/(Lenina ‘Salt’ Hange) battlefield executed Mikrel0712/(Filbert Gilbert) at Dropship Normandy.
Dec 4, 2023 @ 02:58:52.426 19793 ANNOUNCEMENT ANNOUNCEMENT: MsLoveShacker/(Lenina ‘Salt’ Hange) has announced the following: Filbert Gilbert has been Battlefield Executed for Insanity.
There is no direct log entry that can corroborate the exact location of the CO when the PO made their 'blood god' statement. The following log gives only non-definitive evidence as to the CO's possible location being in the brig at least 3 minutes prior to the execution.
Dec 4, 2023 @ 02:55:16.740 19793 SAY SAY: Lenina ‘Salt’ Hange [1]: Is there a reason there is blood in the brig? (CKEY: MsLoveShacker) (JOB: Commanding Officer)

However this is not definitive.

That is all for relevant logs.

Added report:needverdict and removed report:pendinglogs

I went to the brig to talk to the MPs and see if there were prisoners.

There was one MP and also blood in the Brig. Only drips though. No prisoners or MPs, so I went to go harass the chef for food. In medbay and the hallway it looked like there was a riot.

Reviewing this, the Council has determined that this BE is not valid, and people should not be executed for superficial reasons such as a single reference made, especially one made in such a casual manner.

However, it was shown that the Council, in the past, had specifically authorized the ability to execute someone for things like this, something which was wrong and, on reflection, we will not be encouraging in the future. It’s not good form to retroactively punish someone for this though, and we will be issuing the CO in question, @LoveShacker, a heavy warning to not perform anything like this in the future.

This report is resolved.

Added report:approved and removed report:needverdict

From Player Reports to Whitelist Reports