More informative hugger trap notifications

This is just a small thing that I think should be changed, but I think it would be nice to see.

After placing a hugger trap down, the hive will be notified when a marine activates one, just like with acid traps. This is nice and all, but the hive has no way of telling whether the trap actually hugged a marine.

My suggested change is to let the hive know if the hugger from the hugger trap actually manages to facehug a marine. I don’t think this would impact balance all too much, but I think it would be really nice to know whether or not my traps are actually doing anything to help or if they are just getting shot out.

As a side note, I’ve heard the argument that this wouldn’t make sense cause huggers aren’t part of the hivemind or whatever, but the game already notifies the hive when a *player * hugger hugs a marine, so I don’t see why that wouldn’t also be the case with trap huggers.

2 Likes

i think, i saw different messages depending if trap was actived or destroyed, if i remember correct it say:

“Facehugger trap was triggered [location name]”

and

“Facehugger trap was destroyed at [location name]”

the first one inform that marine stepped into trap, second one that it got destroyed without activation, but its true it say no information if it was successful hug.