nameno02 - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - nameno02

What is your BYOND key?
nameno02

What is your Discord ID?
dont have one

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?
i play phon asta as my one and only

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?
this is my first application

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:
K.E.V.I.N

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?
they are hard working and nice to all

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?
K.E.V.I.N is that best of the best and trained in all ways. they can be a medic, engineer, sec and more.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
well I’d love to try something new out i’m kinda bored of human and i fell like being something new would be cool

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
one time when the drop ship crashed into the Almayer i and synthetic was trapped in the medbay and they treated me but the xenos still killed us

Synthetic Character Story:
K.E.V.I.N- one time i remember we were dealing with Clif and most of the marines were crit so me and some other medics revived 10 of the 30 dead marines then they pushed out so we can get the other dead marines.

Skills:

Engineering:
vary familiar

Command:
in not as good in comand but not bad

Medical:
vary familiar

Requisitions:
i know a lot but not all

Synthetic Understanding:

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in?
K.E.V.I.N will not go in to combat unless someone is in a life or death. they will not try to kill what ever is attacking unless it will not stop.

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
true

Have you read the application process page?
true

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
true

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
true

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
i have not had eny jobbans i have not be baned ing that last month

Are you currently banned from our Discord?
i am not

Let us know why you were discord banned.
i don’t have discord

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
nope

5 Likes

Hello!

Gonna be quick and to the point, this app is poorly made. All the questions don’t describe anything of your skillset. Your name, k.e.v.i.n. isn’t acceptable, “Kevin” is for the time being.
Your personality isn’t a personality at all, anyone can act like that.
Your conversation answer doesn’t explain at all how they’ll interact with the crew.
Playing marine can get boring at times but that’s why there’s a variety of roles you can choose and play as, no one is forcing you as a “human” either, you can play as an Xenomorph.
Your synth story doesn’t tell us anything how you would play as Kevin as a character. You can play medic and get the same results
Your grammar and spelling is poor as well. Its important to talk to anyone coherently.

Overall, you shouldn’t have applied without asking help on your application. Applications for whitelists or staff should be treated as seriously as applying for a job. That way you can guarantee success on your first try.

Withdraw your app is my advice, see about joining the discord if you want but we have a channel dedicated to helping potential new applicants.

4 Likes

You may hear bad things about the discord or haven’t but the truth is we’re always willing to help out with potential new applicants. If you don’t want to then feel free to ask any and all questions here I guess.

4 Likes

There are serious deficiencies in every significant category of this app. Please reference accepted applications for examples.

Synthetics are artificial people, with “normal” human names. Typically a single name is used in the CM context.

Personality and interactions are a big part of synthetics. It is an RP role as much as it is a mechanical role. Each accepted synthetic has a specific personality and gets continual guidance and adjustment in bringing that character to rounds. If you try interacting with any synthetic in a meaningful way, and try that same kind of interaction with any other you’ll have a different experience. We’re not going for generic heal-bot, it’s an artificial person with their own lore, personality and outlook.

Synthetic stories are meant to showcase that personality you wish to portray. They are expected to be several pages long, detailing multiple examples of interactions and most importantly dialogue in those interactions which relate to an average round experience. It’s not meant to be a single sentence.

Your combat scenario answer is simply not correct. You should attempt to familiarize yourself with synthetic combat programming.

2 Likes

The point isn’t to discourage you from apps. Just to help tell you were you need to improve. It’s an important role play, role. And the synthetic council members in the discord are happy to help you with your story and your application.

Don’t give up improve your app and try agin with it In the future I’m sure with time and revision you will make a great synth

2 Likes

Friend, if i may call you that. You shouldn’t give up. Take the advice of the posters here. There are many friendly and great people in the community. They can and will help you. you may join our discord, here is the link: SS13: Colonial Marines - Official

Don’t give up!

1 Like

If you cant handle the the mild criticism of other synths you would never survive the brutality of the marines.

This app is “vary” bad.

2 Likes

how do i close down a app cuz im done with apps

also i give up on apps i tried for like 4 hours just to get nothing

don’t tell me positive stuff i get it and im done

Gonna be honest here. If you have that sort of mindset in life, I don’t know how you’ll survive. By no means anyone here is trying to be mean to you. Criticism is important to hear so you can improve on flaws people here pointed out. We’re rooting for your success but YOU have to put in the work.

Be strong, put in hard work and be a positive influence to those around you, I know for sure you can succeed next time.

2 Likes

Low effort application. Denied.

2 Likes