New Pill Bottle Sprites

Can we please make the top of the pill bottles thinner?
I can’t stop seeing small amongus characters wearing fucking cowboy hats now, and it inflicts psychological damage on me every time I think about it :sob:

5 Likes

The new plasteel and metal sprites also keep reminding me of chocolate bars in foil and it makes me hungry

2 Likes

this doesn’t even bother me but UNGA is BROWN NOW!! We need the pink Unga back

6 Likes

TRUE

Unga should be blue, like delta.

They exactly like the one of the survivor helmets but white. Weird.

amongus you say

2 Likes

What, they remind you of chocolate? Atleast the metal sheets look like mirrors for me. But yes, pretty much everything looked better in the old version.

1 Like

I dont mind the pill bottle sprites but the medkits need to be reverted IMO

3 Likes

What about beakers looking like magic potions? I appreciate the work, but the new sprites are not easy to get used to.

4 Likes

Ok all jokes asides. If the guy responsible for this is reading this post: Please revert the change on the appearance of med bottles.
Weychem stuff is recognizable IF and ONLY IF they have some of the chemical inside of them. Now if you see an empty bottle and you refill it with the WeyChem you can magically spawn 60u of oxy, or 60u of bica, maybe 60u of dylovene, who knows.
And yes, I’m aware that putting the cursor over it will let you read the name of what is below the cursor on the lower left corner of the screen, but back then it wasn’t even necessary because you must have some sort of problem if you could not differentiate a dylo bottle from an oxycodone one with the old sprites.

3 Likes

My problem with the bottles, is that they simply look too cartoony in our somewhat “gritty” asthetic. Like, compare them to everything around them, and they stand out like a sore thumb.

9 Likes

Amoungus and it’s consequences have been a disaster for everyone’s mental health.

1 Like

thats my issue with the new pill bottle sprites and mortar shells to be honest, but I do enjoy the wood and plasteel look

1 Like

The bottle sprites are similar to TGMC and I can say the same for materials… will take time for CM only boomers to adjust but those that played other servers will blend in.

1 Like

The whole sprite pack is a lot more cartoony and kind of clashes with the rest of the Style of CM.
I needed to double check if they wherent just sprites from Goon or bee, because they fit their art style to a T.
It is still impressive work though, just… kinda out of place.
Also, i think they updated the Can sprites as well, not fully sure though. Because why would anyone do that?

5 Likes

YOU ALSO CANNOT HIDE ANYMORE UNDER WOOD AND METAL SHEETS AS A HUGGER THIS IS SO OVER

9 Likes

Better recategorise the sprite change as a balance change…

2 Likes

We’re moving away from the gritty sprite style of CM and going to the TG pixel-y and not to mention the medkits.

3 Likes

I like the new medkit sprites. We have used the same sprites from stock ss13 for decades, new one’s look neat.