New Player Announcement

Not sure if this actually exists already but only for mentors, but a message from ARES whenever a rifleman who has never joined before wakes up. Something like “Alert, Private X has just awoken from hypersleep. They have never done so before and may require assistance” so people can get to them before they get lost.

2 Likes

I’d immediately disconnect tbh. Too much attention. I think we should keep it to mentors.

10 Likes

Unless I have free time, otherwise why should I care if there’s a new pvt in the middle of prep/battle? Not to be rude but only so many roles can afford the time for teaching.

3 Likes

Agreed, mentors are the only role dedicated to helping baldies, there’s no reason to make it public. Regular marines can and do help new players, but they won’t be lining up to do it every round. If people wanted to sit around for bald PVTs to wake up, they would’ve already applied for mentor.

2 Likes

ban evaders joining the round with racist names as pvt’s would love this change

5 Likes

“ARES Announcement: Private Admins-are-so-dumb-gonna-massgreif-the-server has just awoken from hypersleep”. On a more serious note, why does the entire server need to be informed everytime some baldie wakes up?

4 Likes

NGL its not a terrible idea to have something that does an “arrival” message. Make a new arrivals thing at a terminal in cryo or something.

1 Like

Besides I think SEA/Mentors already know when new-new players join the round.

I remember logging for the first time and already having a SEA sprint into prep to try to make me a productive member of marine society. They made me skip my “naked PVT only holding a M41A MK2 in the front” phase, the horror…

1 Like

Probably would lead to some problems, other than the added attention part (cm to wind down, not to mechanically learn right?)

I remember as a new marine being tricked into doing some very silly shit by MPs and Marines because I told them I was new, like getting told that inaprovaline was a combat stimulant by 2 mps when I went to medbay and going asleep for way too long or being talked to like a child lost in an amusement park.

Should be left to mentors to do that job since they can be trusted to not act like that.

2 Likes

This is already a thing for SEA’s; you get an alert whenever someone with 0 hours logs in.

4 Likes