Newest change - Deltard

Also, we should ban the term Fobbit too, as hobbit may be used to make fun of under heigthed individuals

15 Likes

as a vertically challenged person i agree with this

12 Likes

No one asked for this, literally a fringe group of people who want to control what you can or cannot say. This is only the beginning of it, you’re going to lose the right to say bitch because its misogynist language next. Staff are letting the people from goon control what goes on here.

Glad we’re RPing marines but I can’t call people r slurs LOL.

17 Likes

CM is becoming Twitter. Nobody ask for it to be removed besides a small group who we don’t know.

It’s joever.

13 Likes

My brother in Christ. I assume you are new to this server and its culture. That is the only way I can explain your response. I made my self very clear in the initial post. I have the right to call my self a Deltard. I dare to be stupid. And to be clear I willing to fight this because to quote my self “I am ungovernable and do not give a shit”. That is actually a partial lie. I do in fact care a great deal about this community. I care about its great past and I can only hope and pray for great future.

To all people that heart my post. Stand up and actually post what you think. Put money where your mouth is. Be as respectful as possible as this is not acid goop.

6 Likes

The reason the word ‘R*tard’ was banned from the game is to bring our policy on slurs used In-Game in line with the policies we apply to the Forums and Discord.

Whilst there is by no means a guarantee that an exemption will be made for ‘Deltard’ it is being discussed by the management team as, like many have pointed out, although it originates from a slur it has become communal culture.

Being part of the communal culture does not void it of its origins however, so I’m not going to promise that we’ll agree/decide to exempt it from the ban. A good reason not to for example has already been stated; it will likely cause confusion on tolerence to those newer to the community, and even those who have been around as long or longer than I.

7 Likes

Grim should go back to being “Retired” although not as if that ever stopped them from spending 40 hrs a week moderating

15 Likes

This kind of stuff is going overboard; this server’s staff don’t have an off switch or common sense.

This speech policing and morality preaching has been creeping along slowly for the past couple years, it gets pushback from the playerbase and then a few months later you all try it again, but with a few more of the sticks in the mud banned, a little less pushback each time, and the remaining complaints get the passive aggressive “just dont play here then :)” treatment.

You’re not making the server more welcoming, you’re doing the exact opposite.

It’s whatever I guess. I know the people on this admin team aren’t going to listen, and I know it’s only going to get worse. It just sucks to watch this all play out in slow motion. You don’t HAVE to do what you’re doing.

9 Likes

it shouldnt be banned on the forums either, discord i can understand since discord is based in san francisco which is pretty much the barad-dur for all this stupid shit and they ban servers who use it too much

9 Likes

Not gonna lie.
Kinda Funny that people are crying over deltard when the exact same thing happened to xigga and the 600 other words used to bypass the simple rule of “dont use slurs”.

I personally don’t mind Deltard. I do mind that people just decided to use deltard as the new hot way to bypass the filter. Now If that changes, like @forest2001 said, we can maybe bring it back

It’s pretty easy to play a multiplayer server without using slurs. This isn’t something unique to CM.

Maybe time to go play on one of the other servers in the hub.

Oh and if you are a “Deltard” maybe get annoyed at the people who deliberately co-opted a community phrase to simply use slurs without punishment :stuck_out_tongue:.

9 Likes

That sounds out of touch, deltard is in no way used to circumvent anything, deltard is a term used SINCE FOREVER as part of their identity

13 Likes

Why stop here then, there is still a whole lot of words that technically “slurs”. Although they aren’t and never were as offensive as racial/bigotry slurs and never (on the server) actually were used against the groups the words originally described.

10 Likes

Im familiar with the term, I used it myself until recently when i’m sorry to say that it has been used to circumvent it.

I dont think calling something deltarded (and really just putting a delt- on the front), really hid the meaning that a lot of peeps were using, especially when contextually it wasn’t being used in the historical slang sense.

2 Likes

Yeah sure if you feel the need to use offensive slurs constantly against the groups they’re aimed at, you should take a step back from the game. But if you PB someone and they call you a r*tard for doing it and you get offended, maybe take a step back as well and realise it truly means little for your actual life.

I don’t think I’ve ever felt the need to yell slurs at someone in CM since I’m not unhinged. But goddamn making anything that might offend someone a bannable term is stupid.

11 Likes

Forest l, I understand and recognize you have been in this community for a long time. However, responses like this lead me to the conclusion you are incredibly detached from this community. This is one of the most bureaucratic statements I have the displeasure of reading. And I work in the legal field.

Full context. My great well very great Grand father General Hugh Mercer gave his life for the founding of the United States of America at the Battle of Trenton. His descendant was my grandfather who graduated VMI who would have gladly killed communist assholes along side Sargent Reckless the god damn horse. But the war ended. He was the greatest grandfather a kid could ask for. I dream to one day be as good as him.

On my father’s side I have blood of patriots in me. Family immigrated from France in 1853. My great grand pa, born 1899, youngest of 12. Served his country at 17 and kicked the asses of the imperial German army. Went on to marry his sweetheart who worked as a cook at the local high school. He would be an electrician.

My grand pa, the mad bastard, would volunteer for the army air core, giving up a chance to play for one of the minor league teams for the Yankees. He kicked the ass of the imperial Japanese navy until he was shot down and crash landed on a small island. Losing his 4 front teeth in the process. Everyone thought he was dead. The mad lad survived to surprise my grandma when he returned home.

To make a long story very short, I have very little patience for bureaucracy.

I am offending no one by calling my self Deltard. This is insanity.

20 Likes

@DukeofCagliostro :speaking_head: :speaking_head: :speaking_head:

8 Likes

i aint reading allat but true!

7 Likes

Why stop with deltard? Why not ban calling preds “Jamaicans” because someone may feel it’s a racist sterotype?

And no, this is in ZERO way comparable to the word “xigga”. I wasn’t even around for that but to say that those are at all comparable is wild.

And to @Wintermote’s point - yes, it’s happening everywhere. The need to make everything safe for everyone is EVERYWHERE. God forbid someone, somewhere get upset by a piece of media.

11 Likes

I think it should be banned for being unfunny and overdone.

7 Likes

Unironically could happen. Oxford definition of slur is “an insinuation or allegation about someone that is likely to insult them or damage their reputation” - so any kind of insulting language could be on the table. You wanna shoot that CLF who is shooting you? Totally fine. But you better not insult them while doing it! CM is now Courteous Marines :upside_down_face:

9 Likes