Nimbus342 - Player Report: 'Elder Lang'Kell NHon (I think but not 100% as there were multiple preds), Honour Code breach-Weapon Usage

Nimbus342 - Player Report: 'Elder Lang’Kell NHon (I think but not 100% as there were multiple preds), Honour Code breach-Weapon Usage

What’s your BYOND key?

Nimbus342

Round ID:

Your character name:

JP (Elder Runner)

Accused BYOND key:

not sure

Accused character name:

'Elder Lang’Kell NHon (I think but not 100% as there were multiple preds)

What rule(s) were broken?:

Honour Code breach-Weapon Usage

Description of the incident:

This was during a protracted FOB siege on LV 624 the incident took place on the road in front of Hydro/medical, so reasonably close to frontline. I’d moved away from the main Fob siege so i could look at my phone without fear of death when i encountered several xenos engaged with a coupleof preds. There was one initially and i got a few runner pounces on him and he then teleported away, I then engaged the second who had arrived who was wearing orange armour, I leapt him once (i think) he switched to claws and when i leapt again i was stunned via body slam, he moved away before shooting me with a plasma caster and killing me instantly whilst I was stunned. I believe this to be a breach of the pred honour code which states that a plasma caster cannot be used lethally on dishnourable prey whilst they are stunned which I was and which the pred must’ve seen. I’m basing this on the following from the honour code
"Dishonorable
These weapons may be used against any dishonorable prey:

Plasma Caster (Lethal) (You MAY NOT attack a stunned dishonorable opponent)
[and]
Plasma Caster (Lethal)

Can be used on dishonorable prey, but they become unhuntable while stunned"

Happy to be corrected if I’m wrong on this and no malice meant by the report but didn’t feel great to be instantly deleted from the round.

Evidence:

wasn’t able to screengrab the chat record before it was past the scroll limit

hi this is Lang’Kell, it’s within your right to have staff look into your report but i’d like you to know that i believe i’ve acted within the honor code, as :

1. Stun Hitting: Yautja are not allowed to stun hit any prey, unless the prey is dishonorable or has stunned themselves via grenades or other sources caused by themselves. Xeno pouncing yautja and getting body slammed etc.
  2. Temporarily Dishonorable :
    A target or group of targets who attack you without due cause or interfere with your hunt.
1 Like

Oh yeah I didn’t read properly, I guess a mod can withdraw this then

1 Like

While I am not a Yautja Councillor, I am a Yautja whitelist holder, and in that capacity I would mention that the honour code regarding someone being temporarily dishonourable may not apply depending on the circumstances of the incident.

As per the code, a group of xenomorphs engaging a Yautja, if a Yautja is actively engaged with one of theirs means all of the xenomorphs remain honorable. The details here is was the Yautja involved hunting Xenomorphs before or did they just appear and were attacked without any prior cause.

In my capacity as a staff member, I’ve fixed the tags in the OP since it was incorrect.

1 Like

Added report:pred

okay my understanding of the exact circumstances are hazy because i believe i arrived when the group were already fighting the first pred and so i then engaged with them and i think the other pred was joining to help? If you think it’s worth looking into then carry on if nothing else maybe useful exercise in reviewing finer points of honour code

1 Like

this would hold true if I initiated the engagement with the xenos. any xenos joining in on an engagement started by dishonorable opponents inherit the dishonorable status

edit : i did not initiate the engagement with the xenos btw

2 Likes

Removed report:pendinglogs

From Player Reports to Whitelist Reports

Reporter - Nimbus342/(Elder Runner (JP-534))
Reported - CastorTroy23/(Elder Lang’Kell Nhon)/Unknown

ATTACK: (Lesser Drone (719)) tailstabbed CastorTroy23(Elder Lang’Kell Nhon) at North Nexus Road
ATTACK:CastorTroy23/(Elder Lang’Kell Nhon) attacked (Lesser Drone (719)) with wrist blades (INTENT: HURT) (DAMTYE: BRUTE) in the North Nexus Road (104,69,2).
ATTACK: Lesser Drone (719)) slashed CastorTroy23/(Elder Lang’Kell Nhon)
ATTACK: (Lesser Drone (719)) slashed CastorTroy23/(Elder Lang’Kell Nhon)
ATTACK: (Lesser Drone (719)) slashed CastorTroy23/(Elder Lang’Kell Nhon)
ATTACK: (Lesser Drone (719)) slashed CastorTroy23(Elder Lang’Kell Nhon)
ATTACK: CastorTroy23(Elder Lang’Kell Nhon) attacked (Lesser Drone (719)) with war glaive (Wielded) (INTENT: HURT) (DAMTYE: BRUTE) in the South Medbay Road (95,69,2).

SAY: (Elder Lang’Kell Nhon) [General]: Do you want help with this hive offensive? (CKEY: CastorTroy23) (JOB: Predator) (AREA: Central Jungle)

ATTACK: The rifle bullet, fired by (Jimbo Adermann), narrowly missed CastorTroy23/(Elder Lang’Kell Nhon)

Our hero joins the fight

ATTACK: Nimbus342/(Elder Runner (JP-534)) slashed CastorTroy23/(Elder Lang’Kell Nhon)
ATTACK: CastorTroy23/(Elder Lang’Kell Nhon) injected CastorTroy23(Elder Lang’Kell Nhon) with unusual crystal (REAGENTS: Thwei) (INTENT: HURT) in the Medbay (83,73,2).

HPC fired

ATTACK: CastorTroy23/(Elder Lang’Kell Nhon) shot Nimbus342/(Elder Runner (JP-534)) with a plasma eradicator from a plasma caster in the Northwest Jungle (70,69,2).
ATTACK: CastorTroy23/(Elder Lang’Kell Nhon) blew up Nimbus342/(Elder Runner (JP-534)) with a plasma caster in the South Medbay Road (75,69,2).
EMOTE: Unknown/CastorTroy23 : roars!
ATTACK: Nimbus342/(Elder Runner (JP-534)) slashed CastorTroy23/(Elder Lang’Kell Nhon)
ATTACK: Nimbus342/(Elder Runner (JP-534)) shot CastorTroy23/(Elder Lang’Kell Nhon) with a bone chips from Elder Runner (JP-534) in the South Medbay Road (75,70,2).
ATTACK:CastorTroy23/(Elder Lang’Kell Nhon) attacked (Mature Lurker (SH-535-A)) with war glaive (Wielded) (INTENT: HURT) (DAMTYE: BRUTE) in the Northwest Jungle (74,70,2).
EMOTE: Unknown/CastorTroy23 : cries out in pain!
EMOTE: Unknown/CastorTroy23 : cries out in pain!
ATTACK: CastorTroy23(Elder Lang’Kell Nhon) shot Nimbus342/(Elder Runner (JP-534)) with a plasma eradicator from a plasma caster in the North Nexus Road (109,70,2).
ATTACK: CastorTroy23(Elder Lang’Kell Nhon) blew up Nimbus342/(Elder Runner (JP-534)) with a plasma caster in the North Nexus Road (101,70,2).
ATTACK: Elder Runner JP-534 has died to plasma caster at the North Nexus Road from Unknown

3 Likes

beast

I want to clarify, there were many more xenos following me and intent on attacking me. Whether there are attack logs of them hitting me or not, I don’t know - but it’s not something I do to the first xeno joining a gank, i.e. I felt there were enough xenos on me to call for an HPC

I also believe there was another xeno attacking me between the drone and runner JP attacking me, and that was what started the gank, not the lesser drone’s death - though I may be misremembering

The ‘do you want help with this hive offensive’ was directed at another yautja fighting the hive

Withdrawn from request of OP. (Just got my whitelist reports perms :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Added report:denied