NodNodNod - Player Report: Fitz Spooky, Rule 2 (Sanity), Potentially Rule 6 (Metagaming)

NodNodNod - Player Report: Fitz Spooky, Rule 2 (Sanity), Potentially Rule 6 (Metagaming)

What’s your BYOND key?

NodNodNod

Round ID:

Your character name:

Burrower NOD-670

Accused BYOND key:

Unknown

Accused character name:

Fitz Spooky

What rule(s) were broken?:

Rule 2 (Sanity), Potentially Rule 6 (Metagaming)

Description of the incident:

Deltard priming grenades, running at xenos, and blowing himself up after PB throwing them at about .5 seconds remaining to intentionally suicide bomb and score the huge damage / stun of blowing up grenades right on top of xenos. Was used in this situation to kill two xenos and at least one OTHER marine. I believe this violates rule 2 of marine sanity, as no sane person should be trying to blow themselves up if they’re not being captured or at risk of dying regardless - as well, I think this potentially violates rule 6 of metagaming, as knowing you’ll just be revived with no problems isn’t treating death like death (but this also circles back into rule 2).

Basically creates an unfun situation when playing as a xeno and sets a bad precedence going forward to encourage gamey use of OT grenades as suicide bomb tactics.

Spun stories and tried to downplay it in OOC after the round with false ‘facts’ of the situation after admitting to it in dead chat. Unsure if he did it more than once in the round.

Evidence:

DEAD: Elder Burrower (NOD-670) (F) says, “suicide bombing with grenades?”
DEAD: Elder Burrower (NOD-670) (F) says, “real”
DEAD: Fitz Spooky (F) says, “REAL”
DEAD: Fitz Spooky (F) says, “HAH”
DEAD: Fitz Spooky (F) says, “GOT EM”

Hey there! Please feel free contact me on Discord if there is anything missing or wrong!

PASKAPELI - Fitz Spooky
Xenomorphs
Marines

Fitz primes a maxcap grenade and dives.

SAY: Fitz Spooky: EAT THIS!! (JOB: Rifleman)
ATTACK: PASKAPELI/(Fitz Spooky) primed grenade (Large Custom Grenade (3s HE MAXCAP r***** alert)) in the Lambda Lab Caves.
ATTACK: (Elder Burrower (NOD-670)) was hit by a Large Custom Grenade (3s HE MAXCAP r***** alert), thrown by PASKAPELI/(Fitz Spooky) in the Lambda Lab Caves.
ATTACK: ///DEAD/// - PASKAPELI/(Fitz Spooky) blew up (Penelope Warmoth) with a chemical explosion in the Lambda Lab Caves.
ATTACK: (Penelope Warmoth) was harmed by explosion in Lambda Lab Caves caused by chemical explosion.
ATTACK: PASKAPELI/(Fitz Spooky) shot(Prime Empress) with a shrapnel in theLambda Lab Caves.
ATTACK: PASKAPELI/(Fitz Spooky) blew up (Elder Burrower (NOD-670)) with a chemical explosion in the Lambda Lab Caves.
ATTACK: PASKAPELI/(Fitz Spooky) blew up (Elder Burrower (NOD-670)) with a chemical explosion in the Lambda Lab Caves.
ATTACK: ///DEAD/// - PASKAPELI/(Fitz Spooky) blew up (Penelope Warmoth) with a chemical explosion in the Lambda Lab Caves.
ATTACK: PASKAPELI/(Fitz Spooky) blew up (Elder Warrior (PIE-484)) with a chemical explosion in the Lambda Lab Caves.
ATTACK: PASKAPELI/(Fitz Spooky) was harmed by explosion in Lambda Lab Caves caused by chemical explosion.
ATTACK: PASKAPELI/(Fitz Spooky) blew up (Prime Empress) with a chemical explosion in the Lambda Lab Caves.
ATTACK: PASKAPELI/(Fitz Spooky) was harmed by explosion in Lambda Lab Caves caused by chemical explosion.
ATTACK: PASKAPELI/(Fitz Spooky) blew up (Elder Warrior (PIE-484)) with a chemical explosion in the Lambda Lab Caves.
ATTACK: PASKAPELI/(Fitz Spooky) blew up (Olive Hansen) with a chemical explosion in the Lambda Lab Caves.
ATTACK: PASKAPELI/(Fitz Spooky) blew up (Olive Hansen) with a chemical explosion in the Lambda Lab Caves.

Warrior lunges seconds after Fitz's diving.

ATTACK: (Elder Warrior (PIE-484)) grabbed PASKAPELI/(Fitz Spooky) in the Lambda Lab Caves.

Deadchat.

SAY: DEAD/PASKAPELI/(Fitz Spooky) : HAHAHA
SAY: DEAD/PASKAPELI/(Fitz Spooky) : REAL
SAY: DEAD/PASKAPELI/(Fitz Spooky) : HAH
SAY: DEAD/PASKAPELI/(Fitz Spooky) : GOT EM
SAY: DEAD/PASKAPELI/(Fitz Spooky) : Sorry penelope
SAY: DEAD/PASKAPELI/(Fitz Spooky) : sorry olive too
SAY: DEAD/PASKAPELI/(Fitz Spooky) : it was great sacrifise

Added report:needverdict and removed report:pendinglogs

Hello NodNodNod and all,

I have verified that this is the one and only instance of the player in question performing these actions throughout the round. However, at this time that is of no more than academic interest.

I sympathize with a distaste for how people sometimes treat death. However, throwing a danger-close grenade at the enemy does not currently satisfy the conditions for breaching rules 2 or rules 6.

While I can understand the perception that someone suicide charging xenomorphs might seem like a breach of “Rule 2: Roleplay’s” sanity rules, it is not. A person need not be insane to sacrifice themselves for their comrades or for the greater good, especially given how treatable death is for marines. This ties into the second aspect of this accusation.

As far as “Rule 6: Metagaming” is concerned, marines are aware of how easily they can be brought back; that is not information relegated to out of character.

Ultimately, I personally agree that current sentiments surrounding death are perhaps in need of adjustments, however the player in question is not guilty of rule-breaks as far as this player report is concerned. The player report itself is denied , but I hope that discussions continue around what can be done to address the current state of dying and death on Colonial Marines.

Added report:denied and removed report:needverdict