Round ID:

Your character name:

Baneful Facehugger (187)

Their BYOND key:

X31stOverlord

What are you reporting?:

Enforcement Action Taken

Description of the incident:

Was trying to get some facehugging on the survs on LZ1, marines rushed a landing fairly early. Figured I’d get clipped by a random bullet and be locked in a three minute respawn if I tried to run, so I opted to go for a facehug on a marine. Missed, still (somehow) got away from the 80 marine swarm. Got noted for metagaming, despite explaining to the trial janny that was adamant that he ‘did not need training’ that it wasn’t metagaming, since I was on the LZ for survivors.

Evidence:

Per the rules page, the rule I was noted for violating:

Rule 6: No Metagaming or Metacommunication
Acting upon knowledge your character would not have or providing unknowable information to another player. Should you be in a voice call with other players, you are still expected to relay information through IC channels (talking, radio, etc) to preserve in-game roleplay. IC information should not be posted to any public location where other parties can be given an advantage. Any form of cheating via metacomms will result in a permaban. All public chat on the CM Discord should refrain from talking about any ongoing round information until the round ends.

Subcategory of specific examples:
-Xenos sitting next to the dropship landing pad to attack right as the Marines open the doors.

I was not sitting next to the dropship landing pad specifically TO ATTACK RIGHT AS MARINES OPEN THE DOORS. I was on the landing pad explicitly (and the trial admin acknowledged this) to hug survivors. My presence at the early drop was entirely coincidental and thus was not metagaming as I was, once again, not there to attack marines.

I made an effort to explain to the trial admin that this was not the intent of the metagaming rule, as I was not sitting on the LZ waiting for marines and metagaming them. Additionally, facehuggers are not T3 xenos, and are not beholden to the caveat of T3s not being allowed to attack the FOB prior to second drop. I can understand T3s being obligated to run from the LZ when the first drop happens, but any other xenos that are there incidentally for survivors are not metagaming the marine landing - they are dealing with survivors.

I would like the note removed as there was no metagaming involved and the trial administrator to receive corrective training, as they doubled down on this being metagaming and they seem to not know what metagaming is.

10 Likes

Saying “I’M HERE FOR SURVS THO!” as you try to hug marines on first drop isn’t gonna pass here. If the rest of the xenos know well enough to displace when the very obvious first drop is coming, you should as well. For what it’s worth your conversation with OL comes across as incredibly rude, you should work on that.

Report Denied, who you were there for doesn’t negate the fact that you showed up at the door at first drop, which is what that rule is trying to prevent.

Added report:denied and removed report:needverdict