Obscure game mechanics/info

Ill sometimes go pantsless with an orange vest so i can have a satchel for ammo, helmet with light

2 Likes

Gas masks will protect you from nerve gas they however will not protect you from teargas.

2 Likes

As far as I know they protect against teargas. Isn’t teargas pretty much pepperspray which is even blocked by sunglasses?

3 Likes

Not really obscure but a lot of new people don’t seem to know this.

The wall mounted medical dispenser(the same kind in the dropships) can refill all the basic supplies they give out infinitely.

The Weymed+, the vending machine looking one can do the same, only it also refills liquid medicine bottles and injectors.

Bayonets when placed on a gun can be used to slowly open or shut an airlock.

The engineering pamphlet gives you the ability to use C4 and breaching charges.

4 Likes

There’s a funny subdermal armour implant in Shiva’s, but alas I swear to god there’s always one guy who speedruns it :tired_face:

3 Likes

It’s usually melted by xenos, or rushed by survs.

2 Likes

Theres more to this

Dipping a cigarette in phoron, then lighting it creates a small fire ball.
This fire ball, can also light cigarettes…

14 Likes

Holy crap. Can blend phoron or do you need to get it from research?

2 Likes

Figured out after making the clip
you can also use vodka, or any other alcohol for that matter.

Then it’s much more easily improvised.
But yeah for phoron chemical specifically you need to blend phoron.

3 Likes

Did they add this back as a mechanic? I’ve tried dipping cigars in beakers before like regular ss13 and got a generic “the cigar is full” kind of message.

1 Like

When it says “the cigar is full”, you already put as much as possible into it

2 Likes

Cigars are full of chemicals by default.
However, you can dip cigarettes.

1 Like

There’s a literal self destruct implant in New Varadero that activates on keyword voice command and can be set into different explosion sizes.

4 Likes

By using an access tuner on a soda fountain you can make it dispense milk and if you put in a glass with 5u of universal enzyme and set the amount it dispenses to 40u you can make instant cheese. Now unscrew the fountain and drag it and you can walk around leaving a cheese trail behind you (yes I did get the admins mad after filling the kitchen, medbay and hangar with cheese)

10 Likes

There are liquid tanks of phoron around on many maps. Like in the red alarm storage(no idea what its called) in upper engi on the almayer has two phoron tanks.

2 Likes

watching rines take burn damage from drinking a milkshake is indeed hilarious too.

3 Likes

less talking more info SMH

• Warden prae is capable of killing fellow xenos with retrieve

• Lesser drone resting sprite is layered under chairs and barricades. Makes you exceptionally stealthy and marines typically forget you exist the moment your sprite “disappears”

• Marine blocking your path in a 1x1 area? use grab intent to quickly swap places with them (Discord link because I don’t want to compress it)
    Link to the discord message containing the video
    The video file itself

2 Likes

if you shoot xenos, they die

7 Likes

This also reduces their internal temperature. Meaning a marine can down a milkshake to tank fire a bit easier.

2 Likes

I remember back on /tg/station when space (unrealistically) froze you, that you could survive longer without a space suit by drinking lots of hot coffee.

2 Likes