Obscure game mechanics/info

Post any obscure information you have here that isn’t widely known by the playerbase, anything CM related.

I’ll start:

• While bullets will COLLIDE with a fence, forcing you to destroy the fence first, FLAMES will pass through fences as if they were an open tile.

• On Shivas Snowball, there is an infinite NVG hidden, I won’t tell you where, though, other than the fact that it’s a bit difficult to reach. You’re unlikely to find it through strongDMM.

• On Chances Claim, there’s buttons scattered around the map, each corresponding to stacked blast doors in the northeastmost room of the reactors, contained within is a double-barrel shotgun and some cool loot.

• going out of date soon: while the pre-planted Alpha Egg was removed from Chances Claim, there is still a Alpha Weed Node hidden, although pr #6051 will remove it. there’s also unplanted Alpha Eggs hidden in the reactor in a crate.

5 Likes

Fiorina Science Annex has multiple NVGs hidden around the map in various spaces, looking like an eye patch, monocle, or an optical meson scanner.

6 Likes

Dipping a cigar in I believe a welding fuel tank will cause an explosion if someone tries to light it

7 Likes

any cigs can be dipped in chems, unga juice cigs were popular back in the day

4 Likes
  • fire alarms hit by any projectile will trigger it
2 Likes

you can hit vehicles with an MD to see how many mobs are inside

13 Likes

I know what im doing next

2 Likes

Pressing Z to use a multitool in your hand will tell you what direction and how far away the area power controller for the room is.

10 Likes

You can arrest every marine having their gun unholstered aboard while the ship’s not on red for failure to follow procedure.

5 Likes

That’s… not really obscure or a mechanic.

6 Likes

This includes Kutjevo.

Fiorina has RNG spawners, Kutjevo has static spawns. These aren’t NVGs, these are Thermal Gogggles.

4 Likes

I still want to know what that button on the north maints, near lifeboats, does.

2 Likes

Heinous information to learn

3 Likes

I’ve been wondering this for 2 years now

3 Likes

True, but they all have basically the exact same function

2 Likes

Someone told me that gas masks protect against pepper spray unknown if it’s true.

If you grab someone while climbing a window frame they will also be dragged with you on the window frame same with ladders.

Rail lights can be placed in helmets meaning if you don’t want armour you can use a helmet slot (weaker than armour light)

Pred healing crystals can only be broken down in OT grinder.

2 Likes

You can look up or down ladders by dragging their sprite onto yours and can throw grenades through ladders or holes in walls by clicking them with it in hand.

2 Likes

dipping a cigar in Ultrazine results in a heartbreak cigar with no upsides as the Ultrazine is not consumed fast enough but the withdrawals begin rapidly.

8 Likes

Gonna play CL now and whenever someone doesn’t sign my contracts they get the heartbreak cigar.

5 Likes

an ad to that
You can extract Twei via syringe froma pred crystal.
But even empty crystals contain some Twei, if you grind them.
Making even empty crystals very valubel.

3 Likes