N/A

Accused BYOND key:

TheGamer01

Accused character name:

Benjamin

What rule(s) were broken?:

Synthetic Programming and Guidelines

Description of the incident:

USCM Synthetic Benjamin hive dived into the hive completely alone without the all clear being given and before the nuke was about to be activated.
With several command announcements telling everyone they should board the dropship, Benjamin chose to ignore the orders and continue hive diving.
Ultimately, Benjamin died around containers because of the nuke going off.

I believe Benjamin has violated the 3rd rule of Synthetic Programming and Guidelines:
“Do not disobey valid orders from Command personnel. An unlawful order is not valid, thus can be ignored.”
and also the combat guidelines because of the solo hive diving which would be unnecessary danger to the synthetic.

The player in question has a history of frontlining/being extremely aggressive with other roles (which aren’t meant to) so I believe that’s why he chose to do this.

Evidence:

6 Likes

Added report:synth

Hello! Going to clear some things up here:

I was not alone. I had fixed up the sensor tower and was leaving the caves when I saw cleared weeds. Here I found a marine that literally just stepped in a hugger trap. I shook him up and he started clearing the empty hive, to which I assisted. At no point were any hostile forces attacking us (nor I attacking them), bar huggers who can do no damage to synthetics or hugged humans.

I then picked him up and started carrying him back to the LZ, during which the nuke started going off.

?

EDIT: The full picture in the OP, showing the other marine + someone we stumbled upon as we were leaving. For context the Queen was not hostile, hence why I’ve taken no damage:

3 Likes

I am sorry for peanut posting but I spectated the entirety of synths time going into hive and I believe that vital context is unclear in the photo.

This was after all three (queen, synth and their two accompanying marines) had died to nuke, not any sort of fight or conflict.

2 Likes

I saw the thing happening too, and this report is clearly not about synth dying to the queen or anything. Synth died to the nuke, because he went all the way from LZ to sensor tower through caves, weeds and walls, and after that he went for the hive (which was in eastern caves, while LZ was LZ2, so it wasn’t “returning back”). Hugged marine was right next to the hive, after shaking the marine the synth proceeded to destroy the core. Worth pointing out, that only at next to the hive the synth became “not alone”, if this matters. All of this while command was ordering everyone (it’s safe to assume that it includes the synth) to load up onto Alamo (also, no one asked the synth to go set up the tower or destroy the core, so this was purely his initiative). After being shaken, the hugged marine even told the synth that they should return, but the synth answered “we have time”, leading to them spending more time in the hive, destroying the core etc. Both of them died to the nuke as the result, failing to extract.

2 Likes

The evidence is not meant to show that Benjamin was fighting the queen, it just wouldn’t let me post the report through the little form without putting anything there and I had a screenshot in my clipboard.

5 Likes

Hey folks,

After reviewing all of the available evidence, the council found that Benjamin did not refuse reasonable orders from his commanding officer. Benjamin was enroute southward when he found an infested Marine, which only after did he accompany this Marine into the hive. During all moments except during the recovery of the Marine, he was moving towards the LZ without malicious intent towards the orders to retreat. Recovering human life, especially one that is alive is an extremely important priority.

The council also did not find that Benjamin violated any combat guidelines because there was no combat undergone besides a swarm of facehuggers which attacked the Marine and the Synthetic. Stopping this threat in self defense and defense of the Marine is acceptable, especially due to the fact that they were enroute to LZ pending nuclear evacuation. Logs provided did not indicate the Synthetic made any attacks, however, if they did - it would have been justified as they were stalled by multiple facehuggers.

There is a clear discrepency with what was reported and what the evidence had indicated. Benjamin only entered the hive while following the recently recovered Marine, and besides that moment he and the Marine were headed towards the LZ. There was absolutely no “hive dived into the hive completely alone” and there is no record of him being ‘extremely aggressive frontlining’ in other roles. The image cropped to imply that Benjamin dies deep inside of the hive with the Queen is distasteful to say the least.

As a reporter you have the responsibility of ensuring your facts are absolute to the best of your ability. This means that if you don’t know with certainty, then do not say so with certainty. There was a ridiculously large difference between ‘solo hive dived completely alone’ and what was revealed in logs. Before looking at the evidence, your reported description implied to some that Benjamin had gone rogue, attacking and solo hive diving on his own volition to kill the Queen. This behavior is absolutely unacceptable and will not be tolerated in the future.

This concludes the council’s findings on this report, it is denied.

Side note: Other possible discrepencies outside of this report will be investigated and if needed, handled separately.

5 Likes

Added report:denied and removed report:pendinglogs

From Player Reports to Whitelist Reports