N/A

Admin who banned you?

Segrain

Total Ban Duration

Permanent

Remaining Duration

N/A

What other servers do you play on?

Long time ago, I used to play on BeeStation. I am permabanned there however, still am actually, but I’ve never deigned to appeal that ban as I lost interest in that server. It was a few years ago so my memory is fuzzy, but I believe the ban was handed to me due to something I deserved because of something nasty I did as a security cyborg. I believe I deserved that honestly, I used to be quite immature and prone to trolling on SS13 servers back then.

Nowadays, I don’t play much SS13 due to real life stuff. Recently, I’ve been getting back into tgstation again. I also used to play on Fulp a lot but I don’t see it in BYOND anymore. (maybe its gone? idk)

Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?

Yes, on BeeStation, aforementioned reason above. It was a permanent ban and I believe the admins were justified in handing that to me. Otherwise, I am not banned in other servers I play in. (tg, Fulp, etc.)

Do you play using a Virtual Machine?

No

is your copy of Windows legitimate?

No

Reason for Ban:

Griefing. As lesser drone, took an egg and rushed to FOB, where quickly died and dropped it for marines to pick up. Immediately disconnected afterwards. by segrain (Maintainer) on 2024-03-25 19:52:06 (ID: 21466) -----(POINT 1)

Banned from Queen, Xenomorph - Griefing. As lesser drone, took an egg and rushed to FOB, where quickly died and dropped it for marines to pick up. Immediately disconnected afterwards. by segrain (Maintainer) on 2024-03-25 19:52:06 (ID: 21466) -----(POINT 2)

Banned from Emergency Response Team - As a friendly Freelancer spawn, threathened the CIC with all caps yelled phrases then started shooting and contributed to the CIC being wiped out, then logged off. Demand payment does not mean kill the marines if they refuse. jBan applied due to disconnecting and strong suspicion that this was done to grief. by silencerpl (ModManager) on 2021-12-22 09:35:15 ------(POINT 3)

Links to previous appeals:

N/A

Your appeal:

POINT 1 and POINT 2 : On that particular round, which I believe was about 2 hours or 3 hours long, I had been playing for the whole duration. The round was quite a stalemate, which led to me being very frustrated. On top of that, I had underwent something in real life right around that time which also greatly contributed to my stress and frustrations. This led me to ghosting, becoming a lesser drone, then snatching an egg from the hive to secretly give it to marines at FOB so that they could make corrupted and end the round. I got caught, evidently, and so I immediately disconnected instead of talking with the moderator right then and there. I did not touch CM at all the next couple of days and weeks.
Once I tried playing xeno and saw that I was job banned, at the time I did not feel much remorse or really care much and simply chose to stop playing CM at all (even though I could still play marine roles) for months, except for maybe one or two times randomly but that’s it.
Now that I’ve recently come back to the server and started playing again, I felt very bad of what I did which led me to be banned from xenos. Indeed, I should not have taken my frustrations out via meta-assisting marines by giving them an egg. I did something similar a long time ago which got me noted but alas I made the same mistake again. The admin was correct for banning me then and there and I honestly wouldn’t blame staff for rejecting this appeal given my track record of minor offenses (for example, I once named the APC to something very inappropriate which led me to being noted, among other things).

POINT 3 : Okay, what I did there was quite stupid. I believe I did not read the proper rules for ERT which led me to missing the part about the Freelancers being ‘friendly’. Similarly, my ‘genocide’ of marines for not paying my Freelancer squad was also in poor fashion. I should have adhered to proper escalation rules and I sincerely apologize and promise to be more careful when playing ERT.

Overall, my poor track record of notes in this server means I don’t have high expectations of this appeal being accepted. But still, I do mean to apologize to all staff and other players for my actions. I endeavor to improve my behavior and continue having a fun time in this wonderful game with everyone without needing to resort to such rule breaking. Thank you for reading my TED talk.
(P.S. I understand that real life stress issues DO NOT JUSTIFY what I did as the lesser drone that round. I went too far, clearly, so once again I apologize for that. Also, this is my first time posting an appeal, but I read all the rules of an appeal and hopefully didn’t make a mistake writing this one)

1 Like

Appeal Denied

Hello @flex, after reviewing your job ban appeal, and looking at your playtime on the server and notes, we have decided to deny this appeal.

Denial Reasoning

• You do not have ample playtime in the past six months, for us to consider this appeal as serious or determine if your behavior has improved.
  • We understand that people tend to go through some difficult times, however taking your real life stresses out on a video game instead of trying to concretely solve them in real life, hurts everyone and helps no one.
    • While at this point in time, I believe you are sincere in the apology. I have no assurance that you will not make the mistakes again, with your current track record.

Therefore, I will recommend that you play amply and establish a positive reputation within the community. Only then, I can recommend that you appeal your job ban. In the interests of ensuring a healthy and enjoyable environment for all.

Added appeal:denied and removed appeal:waiting