OT CAS rocket

what do you guys think?

2 Likes

Epic, now instead of being direct hit by thermobaric rockets and receiving 700 burn gradually, I can get direct hit by OT rockets and reach max damage instantly! OORAH!

3 Likes

nevermind, xenodevs got to it.

Seeing that the issue got closed while a mortar shell full of cyclo can do the same thing (and is actually allowed to actually exist) is… uhhh… Interesting.

it was literally just an OT shell but it costed CAS points instead of metal.
direct bombard also means it can’t be used if the laze/flare is in a roofed area (even weak roofs), unlike mortar.
nanu be tripping

3 Likes

Point of view: benodevs declare fatty-sized mortar shells, grenades, C4 blocks and claymores fine, but OT CAS missiles with seven seconds of travel time are OP as hell.

So basically a mini OB? If you lower the radius and give it more damage then it’d be approved, but I think more steps need to be added to loading the containers.

Overall I like it.

Wanna make it known that mortar takes seconds to land while CAS does the same I’ve seen CAS pilots be able to INSTANTLY fire a rocket at a target without enough time for xenos to even move out of the way. (Like 1-3 second gap which is instant)

Thats direct bombard, probably. The CAS bomb would be direct bombard only, with a 7 second travel time

1 Like

Not a mini OB. Literally a OT mortal shell with a diffrent skin.
Thats why im personally quite mad at the boneheads that tryd to put this down.
@I_love_loopers, dont let them win.

1 Like

mf i can’t do anything, everything is up to mantainers.

1 Like

the thing is, with how fast the direct strike delivery is, it would be near impossible to run away from it as a xeno

7 seconds travel time until delivery seems fair, but its not like that part cant be tweaked. Can always make it longer.

And im just mad/sad Loopers. They didnt even try to hide their bias.

what do you think of this? a constant blinking laze that telegraphs where it will land. (ignore small explosion)
also equipping a targetting system reduces the travel time by 2 seconds (but will always be a minimum of 1 second)

1 Like

Alright after seeing the discussion in the issue on github I should add something that I refrained to say at first:
It’s “weird” that it wasn’t added. Honestly I’m not sure if it’s good or bad. The thing is, objectively this is almost in the same spot as the mortar shell and hence it should be added as well in an attempt of maintaining consistency.
But let’s not forget that the 240u cyclo shell itself is inconsistent as hell. It is objectively broken, but marines are so fucking bald that the fact that it’s broken it’s irrelevant because the OT workshop only outputs two things:

• The noise of the workshop itself exploding and becoming unusable for the rest of the round.
  • Explosives that are going to be misused (or not used at all) by marines.

Because let’s say that ((you)) are in the small list of OTs that won’t explode the workshop and that are able to pump explosives at a good speed. And you decide to invest your time in making cyclonite shells to give the marines the cutting edge in terms of artillery.
Then, for the proper use of those shells you’d rely on…

1. Req actually sending down your shells.
  2. Bravo FTLs or ComTechs actually manning the mortar 24/7 so mortar support is actually performed at a decent speed.
  3. SLs and FTLs on the frontline actually giving coordinates for the mortar (coordinates that won’t kill other marines, let’s not forget that not everyone knows that an OT shell is getting fired and almost nobody knows how brutal they are).
  4. Luck. Yeah, that’s it, luck. Sometimes, marines will push and win in record times; sometimes, alpha and delta will push in, die and then Bravo speedruns “FOB loss ANYFOXTROTDEATHTOLL%”; a wide array of stuff can happen that might make your work useless.

That’s why it’s weird. Because objectively both the OT mortar shells and the OT CAS rocket are overpowered but they are balanced by how bald marines are. And hence if one is allowed to exist the other should be allowed to exist as well. Also it’s a method of rewarding the OT and everyone involved for actually doing their jobs.
Altough one thing must be pointed: OT CAS rockets remove the Bravo FTL/SL off the equation, people expect CAS to be deadly so they will get out and I often see frontline SLs/FTLs use CAS more than the mortar. So it might be deadlier for xenos but we must try before we are sure if it’s unbalanced.

4 Likes

There is definitly more to it then that it wouldnt be fair or something like that. Nanu didnt even bother to properly read the PR and still put it on do not merge.
I know xenocord is a meme, but shit like this makes me think it isnt.

1 Like

God, i wish xenocord was real. They ruined lurkers CQC with the bump “fix”.

1 Like