What is your Discord username?

p1terskiy

What characters do you play on CM-SS13?

Gira Bricks for marines and BAL for xenos

Are you 16 or older?

Yes

Timezone:

GMT+2

On average, how many hours are you available to moderate in an average week?

Depends, but I do play CM a lot. I’d say around 2 hours at least.

Qualifications:

Do you have previous experience in game or community moderation?

I do have a lot of experience in being staff. Used to be a mod on a(once) popular russian server. So I’m pretty familiar with ss13 admin tools.

Provide any links to any previous CM-SS13 whitelist, mentor or staff applications:

https://forum.cm-ss13.com/t/piterskiy-synthetic-application/3042/10

There are also a bunch of applications for Yautja WL on the old forums, but they were all empty with almost zero replies so there’s nothing to look at there. You can still find links in one of the synth applications though.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on CM-SS13?

No. I’ve only been banned for EORG where I shot myself while playing russian roulette.

Can you actively engage and communicate with the team through Discord?

Yes.

Final Details:

Why would you like to join the CM-SS13 staff team?

I like CM and I’m willing to contribute to the server by joining the staff team.

What makes you a great addition to Staff? (Experienced Tabletop DM, Aliens Lore Buff, Super Organized, etc.?)

I’m a quick learner and I always was an insightful person. I tend to notice various details that other people don’t.
I also have experience moderating communities and servers.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality of a CM-SS13 staff member?

Being nice and fair. Noone wants an admin being harsh in a ticket.

Anything else you want to add?

2 Likes

Man why the hell was I pinged for this :sob:

Anyways, I guess since I’m here then some feedback I can offer is Piterskiy is a helpful member of the community, offering assistance since the Yautja WL was in dire need. My feedback from not knowing them to now having a metacom buddy when I need them and they do excellent as a Synthetic. With the right training they can be an excellent staff member.

Hey just on this one do you mean that you only play CM 2 hours a week or do you mean 2 hours a week dedicated to moderation?

Hi

I meant two hours dedicated to moderation. I play on average like 2 rounds every day, and a lot of time I also spend just sitting as a ghost observing rounds.

Okay that makes a lot more sense thanks for that clarification. Just bear in mind that if and when you become staff it’s rarely the case that you’re either moderating or not. Most of the time you’ll be playing the game and a ticket will come in that you need to handle, or maybe not. But when I saw that what I thought was you only played 2 hours a week I was wondering why you’d want to become staff with such low playtime on the server since I do see you a lot. Glad you’ve clarified that!

You’re already in a position of responsibility as a Yautja Councillor, you’re active in the community and I see nothing negative.
It would have been nice to maybe see a bit more detail in the application to some of the questions such as why you want to join the staff team and what is an important quality of a staff member. However saying that I also think that applications which are straight and to the point sometimes are enough.

+1

1 Like

My councillor, so heavily biased. Passionate about the game and the community, would trust with the funny moderator buttons. +1

1 Like

Based on your current position as a WL councilor it is clear that you are a trusted member of the community, I see no reason to not +1 this app

Hi there! Rather than give you a list of questions that may turn out to be gotchas because you don’t know moderator ins and outs allow me to ask you the following questions and your views on them:

1: What do you feel is the Moderator/Admin’s purpose in the broader scope of the CM community.
2: What do you feel is the ideal state of moderating a round in terms of ahelps?
3: What do you think is the most important end result of a Moderator’s actions?

2 Likes

Hello

Your questions were quite vague, so I will answer as I understand them

1: What do you feel is the Moderator/Admin’s purpose in the broader scope of the CM community.

• They exist to enchance the round for players - that varies from handling people who break rules to doing small events or making some kind of response to in-game situations.

2: What do you feel is the ideal state of moderating a round in terms of ahelps?

• Not really sure what did you mean exactly. The ideal state of handling ahelps varies because that can be either a simple ahelp that doesn’t require lots of effort or that could be a convoluted report that involves several parties. In the second case what I personally did is I get as much information as I could from all parties involved, try to make something out of all of that information, then look through logs to double check everything I was told and maybe find some missing pieces if those are present.
    I probably got this question wrong but I answered to the best of my ability.

3: What do you think is the most important end result of a Moderator’s actions?

• The most important result should be a pleasent experience from the round. Happy players and banned griefers, if summarized.
1 Like

+1
player is a well known beast, cool headed and amicable
funny too

i trust them to be staff and any other role in the community and i think they’ve proven themselves enough

make sure to run pred badblood events and make me the badblood thx

2 Likes

I’m from Tau Ceti Classic (RU) SS13 server Management Team and I can vouch for this guy.

He was an admin on our server, did a decent job, do recommend.

5 Likes

Hi Piterskiy,

On top of the support you are getting directly on this application, I have also received support for your application elsewhere. While player/staff support is not necessarily the most important aspect of a mod application, part of fostering a trusting and healthy community is getting people the community likes and respects into positions of authority. You have spent quite some time with this community already and have engaged in multiple whitelists, demonstrating your investment in the community’s success. Your note history is generally excellent, highlighting that you know how to engage with the game in a way that does not oppose rule enforcement and server culture.

This application is approved, welcome to the team!

2 Likes

Added mod:approved and removed mod:waiting