Place EORG warning at the bottom of the round end message.

I noticed recently that the EORG warning was at the top of the round complete message in the chat box, such that when the round ends I actually never even see it, since it gets pushed back by the fun facts and the flood of OOC.

Up sides: less confused people on why they have a three hour ban.

Down sides:
1: You need to code it.
2: None I guess? like, why not have it at the bottom?

3 Likes

Sounds like a good idea to me. Or make the font larger.

1 Like

Also true yeah, the text is rather small for its importance.

1 Like

I think we should keep the EORG warning but stop actually enforcing it because it’s a really really dumb rule that has never done anything of particular ‘good’ for the server besides keep people from randomly blasting each other at the end of the round for fun.

Which can be accomplished by simply keeping the big warning while never actually enforcing it.

Sounds like someone who got eorg banned

3 Likes

We could completely subvert EORG by blocking all damage/attacks at round end without needing to ban people. The entire argument that it exists for the sake of admins looking through logs is a total farce. It would even be trivial to have it as a toggle once such a block exists so there’s no issue with it interfering with round-end RP.

Instead we took the lazy approach of banning people manually - not only inconsistent, but subject quite frankly, to more abuse than any other bans I’ve ever seen in this game.

I don’t think EORG bans have been used in any genuinely constructive way. It strikes me as more of a way for an admin to vent their frustration and anger on someone without consequence, all the rest of these trappings are just excuses for that.

1 Like

I’ve only been banned for EORG once in my 1000~ hours on the server, and it was completely intentional. Stop unloading all your mags and throwing all your grenades at the end of the round and you won’t get banned.

2 Likes

Should be like a live leak logo in the corner of your screen

1 Like

Eh, you are pretty much required to read the rules before joining, so if you don’t and break them it’s on you (what’s about a big red “ban evading is forbidden”-warning so there are less people confused on why they got permabanned), but the warning is already there and changing it has basically no downsides, so why not?

1 Like

the idea behind EORG ban is to enforce basic rules at all time specially when round ending doesn’t mean a lot sometime when admin still need 5-10 to resolve some ahelps…

Its a good rule besides the log rule because marines are animals that cant be trusted.

How many rounds after the rule is removed will people have to be banned for “oh i thought round was over… sorry i OBed fob”

Or privates being banned for revenge killing someone who shot them at the end of the last round?

After the round is over I want to relax and celebrate the victory… not just mindlessly be blasted by someone. There is still rp to be had.

2 Likes