Play as a corrupt MP

We already have a problem with some users being abusive with their powers as MP’s. People already don’t exactly jump to support actions taken by MP’s and usually fight to protect their own squads or departments from MP’s. Why do we need to add another layer of mistrust? Make the non corrupt MP’s jobs even harder by extension. The CL is the one who is meant to be the corrupting force, not the MP’s.

3 Likes

It’s not even the fact that they’re abusive of their powers.

Here’s the thing. In traditional SS13 servers, security serves as a foil to antagonists.
In CM13, they serve as a joke of IC punishment and are not supposed to be combated. We had active admin intervention to prevent the department from being lynched even when their behavior was warranted. (To be fair, if I had to be fair there were more than a few times that said lynching wasn’t justified and someone just wanted to be a dick.)

Now the idea of the entity with several tools that can instantly disable a regular guy, as well as its general protection, screams a horrible idea. We’d have to redo MPs from the ground up to accommodate this. While I would support it, it isn’t a thing I think would happen here.

1 Like

Like what @Herr and @Aces have said its a bad idea with how things currently are in CM. Simply saying change MPs to X is not enough, as other things in the server and community need to also be adjusted/changed for ANY changes to how MPs are atm. Good MPs are few and far in-between and a change like this would make it much harder for them to do their jobs right, or for them to keep the will of playing as is. While I would love more player freedom, I for one know we cant just trust the community with a change like this. To many issue are bound to pop up and can and will further burden our already stretched thin staff team.

Back when CL had loyalty chip injectors, I once nearly took over the MP department until the Admin intervened. The MP players knew what I and they were doing was not griefing but would have made for interesting RP as the end goal was to take over CIC by arresting all heads of departments.

We don’t base decisions on the lowest common denominator. no feature should be weighted against what the worst of the server population will do. Only what the average player can do.

By adding corrupt MP’s, this will become the norm. We are talking about trying to stop a degradation in the current system.

1 Like

REAL. Honestly, if you are playing MP just to (unironically) enforce marine law, then you are a nerd and what are you even doing?

The true MP experience is getting dopamine rush from getting into extremely dangerous fights like trying to arrest a guy inside the Alamo and hosting a prisoner fighting ring (Winner gets their appeal instantly accepted, no questions asked)

2 Likes

Norm? If the only corrupt MP is one during super high pop rounds then the MP will outnumber the corrupt MP by a lot

Yes but the marines won’t know who it is and will blanket treat all MP’s as being corrupt.

2 Likes

what if we leaned into MPs being griffons, and gave them an incentive to perform high profile arrests in dangerous circumstances? imagine trying to bounty hunt a popular deltard on the shuttle and escaping with your life and your charge intact, shit would be wild

Wait a sec… MP’s aren’t corrupt already?

2 Likes

Ngl when I was an MP main during the wave of constant black markets, I was kinda not happy I couldn’t take bribes to turn a blind eye. Like asking for a cool gun in exchange for not arresting them

1 Like

True man. It could have been very interesting.

I cannot confirm nor deny if I actually did it
Legally speaking? No